Thread: Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010

Certified tech, come at me! Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010 SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010

Finally Nomura has confirmed that both Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Agito XIII will make appearances at the Tokyo Game Show in September but before you get excited Nomura stated that they will both be compiled into one trailer that lasts one minute long with no public release, so will therefore only be available to watch at the show (so let us hope someone smuggles in a webcam!).
    Footage of Versus gameplay will be shown during the trailer though all command menus will be edited out to shroud the gameplay mechanics into further mystery. The Agito footage will be brand new and confirmed to be very similiar to the final product, again hinting that Agito will be released before Versus.
    According to this source, we will be finally seeing more stuff on Versus and Agito XIII when it comes to TGS this September. You guys looking forward to it? I'm definitely am looking forward to the XIII spinoffs. I ended up not liking FFXIII and I hope to see if these two will be any better.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this as well, I would also like to find out WHY versus XIII will be released somewhere after 2011 instead of that year.
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 08-28-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Currently Playing:

The British Guy. Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010 Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010

Yayy i cant wait for Versus, Noctis could well be the greatest character ever by what i have heard of his work but only time wil tell
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Registered User Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010

...they will both be compiled into one trailer that lasts one minute long with no public release, so will therefore only be available to watch at the show
    That's great that there will finally be some more footage of Versus, which I'm honestly more excited about than Agito atm, but when will the general public be able to see it? Right now, I will have to agree with the sentiment that hopefully someone sneaks in a webcam and posts it on the internet or something, but how much new info can we see in a minute-long trailer for BOTH games that was done up at the last minute? Methinks this was done moreso out of pressure to have something to show at TGS...but that's just my opinion about it.

Meh. I suppose when it's ready to be viewed, we'll see some more footage on it.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010 Zargabaath's Avatar

I do know that the director of Agito - Hajime Tabata - said that the real time graphics that feature in his game [Agito] are impressive, surpassing those in Crisis Core. Of course graphics do not make a RPG game; we'll have to see about the story and gameplay.

One minute is pretty pathetic and how SE handles the press of their games in development needs a major overhaul. I think some people here have mentioned that SE needs stop announcing games so early in their development. SE releases very little information on their developing games and they announce them too soon. Versus XIII may not even have a 2011 release! The game was announced in 2006, a six year wait is not cool. They need to somehow cut down their development time and make games more efficiently, that way fans don't have to wait almost half a decade before the game is released.

SE could take a note from Mistwalker; The Last Story may be released before Versus XIII but "The Last Story" was revealed in Q1/Q2 of 2010. At the same time Mistwalker has for the most part, kept a good flow of new information coming out since the game was revealed, unlike what SE has done which is trickle info. Another good example is Haeresis XIII; was the title just a dummy to mask what they were really focused on? The only info on Haeresis XIII was that its title was patented in the U.S as well around 4 years ago.

I don't want to derail this topic, though I feel it still fits with SE sub-par tendencies with press releases. The recent "Fatigue" system in FFXIV. When first announced, it was done so very vaguely and, from what I gathered, just implemented in the Beta without explaining to the players how exactly it works. Then the director gets mad when what he said was mistranslated and that foreign sites were spreading false rumors (it should be noted that the Japanese players were confused as well but Nobuaki Komoto did not target the "home" players").

When SE releases information on their games it should be worthwhile (not a minute long trailer, when was the last trailer of Versus XIII and/or Agito XIII released anyways?), in a timely manner (frequently), and for game mechanics - thorough.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I want to play a game. Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010 Zargabaath's Avatar

The - short - trailer was shown for these two games which was mainly comprised of quick bits of images not revealing much for how either game is going to work (lame), but the big news is that there will be a Fabula Nova Crystallis conference on January 11, 2011; which I suppose is when more, if not a lot, of information will be revealed.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Versus and Agito to appear at TGS 2010

Bump! Because the footage has been leaked to the internet. The quality isn't that good, and the angles are kind of bad, but at least it's SOMETHING!

The Final Fantasy Trailers You Weren't Supposed To See
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.