Thread: Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday

Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday

Square Enix’s Hajime Tabata and the current director of two PSP titles Final Fantasy Agito XIII and The 3rd Birthday has revealed bits about both games via non other than Twitter. Outside of labeling himself the busiest director in the business he also shared this:

On Agito XIII, he wrote “Development is progressing well. The reaction was extremely positive when we showed the development version to the producers, management and marketing team in March. The whole staff is excited. We won’t be able to show it for a bit, but it’s looking like it will become an awesome game.”

In regards to The 3rd Birthday he said - Since the start of the year, the game’s development has moved into full production mode. He describes the staff as “cream of the crop” and says that they’re producing a game that will exceed expectations. “We should have the chance to show it off it shortly.”

Source: IGN

Sig & Ava by me

SeeD Instructor Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday theblackmonster's Avatar

Re: Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday

this is amazing news!

cant wait for both of these to be released!

The Lone Dagger Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday Xithor's Avatar

Agito looks like it's gonna be a great game, haven't heard about the 3rd birthday yet though. The news sounds good to me though

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Che

What the shit is the 3rd birthday?

Registered User Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday

^ A new installment for the Parasite Eve games that's coming out for the PSP. I saw a bit of a trailer for it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now. I also haven't been keeping a close eye on Agito. I'm more excited for more news about Versus XIII, but anything is good.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

SeeD Instructor Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday theblackmonster's Avatar

yea some solid news about Versus would be awesome.

we have been getting bits and pieces but i want MMOOORREE!

square's got plenty up their sleeve so we shall see what happens

Defender of Freedom Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday Darnell's Avatar

Sorry to just jump in but I am stuck out on a ship right now and the internet is shady at best so I was wondering if any of you could tell me exactly which FF games are out in the US for the PSP. Thanks for the help.
    Unleash the MONSTER inside!

^ Well, there's ports of Final Fantasy I and II, FF Tactics: War of the Lions, Dissidia, and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. You can also purchase FF VII and VIII through the PSN and play them on you PSP, and perhaps very soon you will also be able to purchase FF IX.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Defender of Freedom Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday Darnell's Avatar

Awsome you are the SHIT!!! Do you happen to know of any good web sites to order those games from?

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darnell View Post
    Awsome you are the SHIT!!! Do you happen to know of any good web sites to order those games from?
    Amazon.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Thank you Mr. Polk you too deserve a for your awsomeness and yes I do feel fish have dreams. I don't want to imagine a world where they don't.

Registered User Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday Aadria's Avatar

Ahh, Agito... I bought a PSP for you, I can't wait. : D

Figured I would go ahead and bump this, because I came across a bit more news about Agito and thought this would be an alright place to put it:

Final Fantasy Agito XIII will be present at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show in trailer form. This trailer, director Hajime Tabata says, will be very short. Looking at it frame-by-frame, however, he feels that it’s put together well.

"As for Agito, the event scenes have yet to come, but the real time parts have a fair bit completed," Tabata tweeted on Square Enix’s 3rd Birthday feed. He mentions that, while the development team were initially in agreement that the goals for Agito XIII were impossible to accomplish on the PSP, they’re immensely surprised that they were able to achieve their desired results on the system.

Agito’s event scenes will be handled by the same team as the ones from Crisis Core were. Tabata says the team will be able to make each scene feel dramatic. This team is presently working on The 3rd Birthday.

Agito XIII, Tabata reveals, is about halfway through its development. He goes on to mention that after wrapping up The 3rd Birthday, that game’s development team will be helping complete development of Agito.

Before Agito is released, however, there’s another unannounced title, likely to be Tetsuya Nomura’s unannounced project, that will be revealed shortly. Nomura has already confirmed that we’ll hear of this at TGS.
    Source: Siliconera - FF Agito XIII is Halfway Through Development

Well, looks like once 3rd Birthday gets completed, they'll get their booties in gear to work on this game. Kind of sucks that they had to put off some ideas because the PSP couldn't handle it all, but I'm sure the final product will be just fine.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 08-31-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    Evil BAD Guys

Registered User Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday Sharpshooter's Avatar

It sucks that my Psp's analog stick won't work =/
    I was planning to sell it to buy a new one but
    gamespot will only buy it for $35 -_-
    I know I have the original psp and everything, but come on! I bought this psp for $170
    Im hoping to find someone that will buy it for at least $80

Until then, I won't be able to play games such as Agito when they come out
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

Paradigm Shift Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday FFTheBest's Avatar

Looking forward to Agito and The 3rd Birthday alot! Hope these games pull out well in the PSP area!
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Registered User Updates on Final Fantasy XIII Agito and The 3rd Birthday CloudvsLightning's Avatar

I don't have a PSP

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."