Thread: For those of us who are not playing this title just yet.

For those of us who are not playing this title just yet.

So I am curious to see which ones of us are not playing FFXIII yet. Also wanting to know what you expectations are and how they have changed since the launch.

Is there a reason you are not playing?

Have you been checking out other XIII related threads?

More can be added to the convo, this is a basic list seeing I am work and was hit by the inspiration. I will have to add my 2 cents after work / later today.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Bananarama For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: For those of us who are not playing this title just yet.

No free time, cash is tighter than I was expecting and quite frankly, I'm pretty enthralled with Mass Effect 1 at the moment. On top of that, I've heard it's not as spectacular as everyone was hoping. I'll get it eventually.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Registered User For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. WilsonDean1990's Avatar

Becasue my Playstation is Dead (YLOD). Also bit tight on money since I'm saving up for MCM and would need to pay to get PS3 fixed as well money to buy the game

Have you been checking out other XIII related threads?

Yeah, just checking up on how people are finding the game and how they are in to it

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Xyst

Cash for me too. I just bought my 360 like 2 weeks ago and got like 6 games for it so I'm content to wait. I don't jump into the new releases like I used to. I am looking forward to it though, it will be my next purchase even though everyone's playing Modern Warfare 2 online right now.

Speaking of which, is there any online play for FFXIII? And what's XIV all about? Is it already coming out? And online only? How do they ever expect to compete with WoW?

Registered User For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. WilsonDean1990's Avatar

I think Final Fantasy XIV will cater to all the Final Fantasy fans, plus its on PS3 which is an added bonus for people who don't play PC games but like the setup.

But for Final Fantasy XIII i don't think its got any online, i don't even think has any dlc
    Last edited by WilsonDean1990; 03-11-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

Xyst

Seriously though what I'm trying to find out is if FFXIII has any online play.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

No. And the experience would probably be less if it did have online play.
    But it's totally awesome.
    And you should totally get a copy, even if you need to mug an elderly person who bought it for their young grandchild. If they're also carrying candy, SCORE!
    victoria aut mors

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries

Need The Damn PS3 To Actually Get It, But If I Had The Money, I Would Have Been Playing Already...XD

My Mom Just Told Me This Morning That She Would Help Pay For My PS3, If I Come Up With The Rest Of The Money Needed. Amount Willing To Pay = $150. Amount Left After Taxes Implied = $187.38 - What I Have Which Is $114.38 = $73 Left For Me To Find Or Make To Get It!!! Need To Figure Out How The Hell I'm Going To Make $73 Fast...
    Then, All I Need Is Another $67 For The Game Itself...LOL
    Last edited by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima; 03-11-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. Xanatos's Avatar

Well, I don't play it for one simple reason, I don't own neither a PS3 nor X-Box 360. I'll get a X-Box 360 for free sometime this year so I'll play it eventually, not that I'm really hyped about it. Honestly my expectations were low for this tittle, not that it has changed that much after reading few thoughts here on TFF.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I'm looking forward to play it but I didn't have the chance to buy it yet.

I plan on getting the PS3 version eventually, since I have a PS3 lol the reason why I'm not playing? because I'm not excited enough. I basically waiting it out to see what everyone who's played thinks of it and that'll determine how soon I decide to play it. But, that's how I am with most new games, I don't normally play them the second they come out.

From what I've heard it seems decent, but a couple of my friends said it's really linear, I might go to one of their houses later and watch them play so I can see for myself.

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    Honestly my expectations were low for this tittle, not that it has changed that much after reading few thoughts here on TFF.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 03-11-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Waiting for your sister to turn 18 For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. chrono's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima View Post
    Need The Damn PS3 To Actually Get It, But If I Had The Money, I Would Have Been Playing Already...XD

My Mom Just Told Me This Morning That She Would Help Pay For My PS3, If I Come Up With The Rest Of The Money Needed. Amount Willing To Pay = $150. Amount Left After Taxes Implied = $187.38 - What I Have Which Is $114.38 = $73 Left For Me To Find Or Make To Get It!!! Need To Figure Out How The Hell I'm Going To Make $73 Fast...
    Then, All I Need Is Another $67 For The Game Itself...LOL

If i was not strapped for cash now i would help you(seriously).

I have not been able to pick it up yet because i have "other" priorities at the moment. I have to find another networking job....i should have one by the end of the month(fingers crossed). I will have it and god of war 3 in the next 30 days though.
    Last edited by chrono; 03-12-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bit torrents\jiu jitsu\helio.jpg

Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch a movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." -Marcelo Garcia

To fight is a man's instinct; if men have nothing else to fight over they will fight over words, fancies, or women, or they will fight because they dislike each other's looks, or because they have met walking in opposite directions” - George Santayana

Snake

no it fails i wish i could and ive spent all my money buying bioshock 2 lol :/

Che

This is my unbiased opinion. I actually bought it thinking I might end up hating it worse than FFVIII. At first I was kinda thinking I might, because it starts out really slow. I mean, there's stuff going on and you're building the story and relationship with the characters and stuff, but they're actually just taking it slow on you and helping you learn the battle system. It's not til a bit later where the story goes nuts (dare I drop the best FF story/characters ever card?)

I'm not just saying this because I want you to waste your money buying it. It's worth it. Forget the linear shit. It's not as bad as you think.

I hate getting everyone hyped though, because then you think it's overly overly overly amazing and you expect it to be. Then it might not be as good as if you weren't hyped about it. So let's just say you might be surprised.
    Last edited by Che; 03-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.

I'm unemployed and I don't own a 360 or PS3.

I plan on playing it either then I get a 360 or I play it at someones house.

From when teasers and rumors were being spread I had a feeling how this game was going to be. Until I read about the battle system and others when they were reviled. I'm still going to play it even if people hate it. Lots of people hated XII and I found that game to be one of the best.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Linearity actually helps the story along.
    It's no secret that I found FFXII to be the low point of the series, but I haven't enjoyed characters/story this much in a FF game since the days of SNES. And since I did enjoy the PSX era games, that's more of a compliment than it may sound.

The way I see it, it's almost like a movie you play. They could have copped out and had less gameplay/more cinematics, but they didn't and it makes the story infinetely more engaging. It's not to say there aren't cinematics, but rather there's a good balance of cinematics and gameplay. And the combat system once again requires us to think up strategies which I've strongly missed.
    victoria aut mors

SeeD Instructor For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. theblackmonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Linearity actually helps the story along.
    It's no secret that I found FFXII to be the low point of the series, but I haven't enjoyed characters/story this much in a FF game since the days of SNES. And since I did enjoy the PSX era games, that's more of a compliment than it may sound.

The way I see it, it's almost like a movie you play. They could have copped out and had less gameplay/more cinematics, but they didn't and it makes the story infinetely more engaging. It's not to say there aren't cinematics, but rather there's a good balance of cinematics and gameplay. And the combat system once again requires us to think up strategies which I've strongly missed.

i agree.

I'm absolutely dying to play this game. Final Fantasy is pretty much the only thing I play. I've even paid for it.

But alas, the distributor for SA messed up the order for the Collector's Edition (which is the one I want), so I have to wait until next week. This is apparently a country wide problem.
    You are entitled to your wrong opinion.

I'll make you famous For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. Rydia Lover's Avatar

its very much like the godfather II of the final fantasies.

the game starts out in the center of the story (instead of the beggining) and has you jumping from flash backs and forward scenes alot.
    but also like the godfather II, it may be confusing at first, but gets very fun and excelent very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

This ain't no place for no hero For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. Tiffany's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    This is my unbiased opinion. I actually bought it thinking I might end up hating it worse than FFVIII. At first I was kinda thinking I might, because it starts out really slow. I mean, there's stuff going on and you're building the story and relationship with the characters and stuff, but they're actually just taking it slow on you and helping you learn the battle system. It's not til a bit later where the story goes nuts (dare I drop the best FF story/characters ever card?)

I'm not just saying this because I want you to waste your money buying it. It's worth it. Forget the linear shit. It's not as bad as you think.

I hate getting everyone hyped though, because then you think it's overly overly overly amazing and you expect it to be. Then it might not be as good as if you weren't hyped about it. So let's just say you might be surprised.
    I found the beginning very slow as well. After the umpteenth similar battle I was starting to get bored. Kinda like the whole "been there, done that... let's move on please?"

It does get better though!

Hopefully I'll be bashing Final Fantasy XIII tomorrow, gonna get my playstation fixed (Hopefully) and buy the game ^^

Registered User For those of us who are not playing this title just yet. vicks and wedge's Avatar

well i only got a ds and psp so thats mostly why...i'm also in the catagory of those who dont like the changes in recent ff games...if there were towns an airship a world map the dudes just standing in place durring battle..i'd be stoked and find a way to get it....however i read there is an absence of all these so i will pass unless someday it gets ported to a hand-held then i'd check it out...may like it may not..

it looks beutiful and the batles look fun..but i really love my world maps!!!(sounds crazy but thats how i feel)

i do read things about a ff port called agito..if that ever apears i'll check it out...i love hand helds again may or may not like it