Thread: Shrouds

Shrouds

Hello, I am in Chapter 11 and I have the Surv. Catalog.. But Where can I find shrouds in Chapter 11? Where can I go farm them out?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Shrouds

They're not a common drop by enemies, although you'll find a couple here and there in treasure orbs or as a drop. The Survival Catalogue will only increase the drop rate by so much depending on your characters. Also, if you score no stars on a battle, there's a higher chance you'll get some.

So pretty much... you don't get rewarded very well for being a good player - play badly, and you'll get the treasure. =/

Later on in the game, you gain access to Eden Pharmaceuticals (in the last chapter... helpful), where you can buy them (but they're really freaking expensive if you're low on Gil - it's not worth it). I believe Ethersol can only be gotten through dismantle, but I'm not sure what you have to dismantle to get it. Anywho, you can buy them for:

~ Fortisol - 12,000Gil.
    ~ Aegisol - 12,000Gil.
    ~ Deceptisol - 30,000Gil.

As helpful as they are, you shouldn't rely on them too early in the game. Enemies are fairly simple at the start anyway, and you'll get more than you know what to do with early on.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Ah, thanks a lot. But which are likely to drop the Fortisol?
    And another thing, where can I get a Doctor's Code, The one that improves the restoration of potions

Blog Entries

I think you get one Doctor's Code after defeating Anima the fal'cie early on in the game. Then you get another in a treasure chest, also fairly early on. They're only of use before you can paradigm shift, however, as a medic is far faster and more efficient than looking for potions.

What they're useful for is dismantling. Level up a Doctor's Code (200 xp to max) and dismantle it to get an elixir. I think the only other way to get an elixir is a treasure chest, so there is a total of three elixirs in the game. Use them wisely.

For enemies that drop shrouds, I'm not sure about later on, but in the Pulse Vestige, with Hope and Vanille, shrouds are a common drop. I didn't leave that area until I had 20 aegisols and fortisols.

Simply, do not use them unless you need to. If an enemy is too hard, and not a mark, then you're probably better off trying to avoid it, or even just going back to farm CP rather than using a shroud.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-16-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Magically Delicous Shrouds Merlin's Avatar

Personally, I never had a need for farming shrouds. They are a godsend for certain marks that have really short time limits for five stars, but for everything else... not so much. But I guess that just depends on what characters you use or what strategies, etc you use to kill stuff.

But one thing to keep in mind is to not go crazy dismantling stuff if you are going for 100% completion. For instance, if you dismantle the elemental rings before you upgrade them to the third tier... they are gone forever.
    Last edited by Merlin; 09-16-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Well, I am at the Chapter 12 Boss Proudclad..
    Any of the enemies have a greater chance of getting For. and Aeg. with the Sacrifices or any of the units around there?

P.S.
    Anyone know how to defeat Proudclad (Rematch)?
    Last edited by DarkEcstasy913768; 09-17-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Shrouds Joe's Avatar

If you're trying to beat Proudclad the second time, your best bet is to use Light, fang and Hope, with Light or Hope as the party leader. You'll start with Med/Syn/Sen, while Hope (who really Should know haste by now) Buffs out your party. Once your buffed, Go into Com/Rav/Sen for a round or two, and then Rav/Rav/Sen until staggered. If you're in good shape you can try going into rav/rav/com when he's staggered, but Com/Rav/Sen is your best bet.

After his stagger is up is when it gets hard. You need Med/Med/Sen while it's on the ground to heal from it's rapage attacks, and you'll do most attacking while it's in the air.

Oddly, you DO get access to Eden Pharmaceuticals after this boss, I think, so you could always buy shrouds from there
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!