Thread: Misson Help

Misson Help

(I tried to find a topic on just the missions and help with them, so if I missed it please feel free to move this topic over to it)..

I took a little side jaunt to do a few missions before completing the story but am stuck on mission five.. I can see the star on my map, it appears to be just to the right of L'cie marker that gave me the mission, down a big tree trunk to a gully, but I cannot see it once I get down there.. The star disappears completely.. Once I climb back up it's there again.. It this some sort of secret monster that only comes out if it rains?

The guide says it's in the Tsumitran Basin, which I went all the way down, found another big bird and a couple of those big hounds/cat things but it wasn't the mark and it was a dead-end.. So now I'm really confused..

Any help would be appreciated..

The Quiet One Misson Help Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Misson Help

The area down the trunk is quite large. The monster you have to kill may be so far into the unexplored area of the map that you can't scroll over to see it. It is quite expansive, so I'd suggest just running around down there following the path. I remember getting a little confused at first in that area too. There is more or less only one direction to go as well, so just follow it and you'll eventually run into the monster you need to fight.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    The area down the trunk is quite large. The monster you have to kill may be so far into the unexplored area of the map that you can't scroll over to see it. It is quite expansive, so I'd suggest just running around down there following the path. I remember getting a little confused at first in that area too. There is more or less only one direction to go as well, so just follow it and you'll eventually run into the monster you need to fight.
    Thanks Hon.. Did as you said and found him/it/her.. Thanks for the help.. I'm sure I'll be back for more mission help before too long.. Take care..

Need help with another mission here.. In Mission 30, after finding the C'ie'th stone and getting the mission it says to go to the Abandoned Dig site in Mah'habara.. However, I can't find that site after returning to the tunnels aboard Atomos, which takes you to the Twilit Carverns..

Can anyone who's completed the mission give me a heads up on where this Abandoned Dig site is? Thanks much!

I would sure hate to attempt playing all these missions without the guide I bought, you'd never find all these places without it.. And, it appears, it's not all that comprehensive either..
    Last edited by Andromeda; 04-27-2010 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Double Posting Again

Blog Entries

Go back to the Syllva Springs and get on Atomos. When you ride him from the Springs back into the mines you'll enter a new area of the mines. More than likely that is what you need to do to get to the mission objective. Once you've done that though Atomos will stand there so you can jump across to get back to it any time afterward.

The game actually tells you how to get to the location. If you talk to Vanille's robot repeatedly one of the hints it gives you is to ride Atomos.

Hi all.. I'm on Mission 55 'Why Can't We All Get Along?' And something seems to be wrong with it.. I found the stone Cie'th on the school roof in Oerba and received the mission.. I found the Neochu in Aggra's Pasture and whupped it good, the only trouble was, after defeating it, I received no mission ending and did not get the Growth Egg!

I thought I must of done something wrong so went back and got the mission again from the Cie'th and came back and killed the Neochu and it's minions once more but still did not get a mission complete or Growth Egg..

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.. There is nothing in the guide that says to do anything different then I'm doing so I'm at a loss..

Thanks for your help..

Blog Entries

There are two Ochu type monsters in the area. My guess would be that you fought the wrong one. If that is not it then I'm not sure why it would not be awarding you the mission complete. I know I've done the mission without any problems, so that would be my guess.

Depending on the way that you enter the field there is a regular Ochu on the far west end and then the Neochu on the east end near to where the sheep that Vanille plucks happens.

There are two Ochu type monsters in the area. My guess would be that you fought the wrong one. If that is not it then I'm not sure why it would not be awarding you the mission complete. I know I've done the mission without any problems, so that would be my guess.

Depending on the way that you enter the field there is a regular Ochu on the far west end and then the Neochu on the east end near to where the sheep that Vanille plucks happens.
    Well thank you, hon.. I never even saw that one on the far west side of the valley! I was killing the wrong one and no wonder it seemed so easy to pulverize, compared to the right 'Neochu' it was just a baby..

Finally got the right one and the growth egg.. Thanks again, much appreciated..

Blog Entries

No problem, there are a couple things that can help to make sure you've got the right mark. You problem use them already, but they are always good to double check at times. The map will display a reddish-orange dot that marks the location of the mark on the mission, if the mark is not on the map it'll be at the end of the exit into the next map/direction of the mark.

In addition, there is also an icon above the head of the monster labeled "Mark" that identifies it as the target, though on larger creatures it is sometimes almost impossible to actually see it.

I can't think of any other marks that are like the Ochu, so it probably won't be a problem.

Have you done the Faultwarrens yet?

No problem, there are a couple things that can help to make sure you've got the right mark. You problem use them already, but they are always good to double check at times. The map will display a reddish-orange dot that marks the location of the mark on the mission, if the mark is not on the map it'll be at the end of the exit into the next map/direction of the mark.

In addition, there is also an icon above the head of the monster labeled "Mark" that identifies it as the target, though on larger creatures it is sometimes almost impossible to actually see it.

I can't think of any other marks that are like the Ochu, so it probably won't be a problem.

Have you done the Faultwarrens yet?
    Just the first one, I decided to get the Growth Egg before going after the rest.. Also, I wanted to try doing some Adamantoise farming to get some much needed CP and Gil.. I killed my first one a few minutes ago and am going after another one next..

Have you completely finished the game? After you complete all the tiers and take on Titan does the game end or what? I'm very curious since all this is taking place after I killed Orphan.. But the game doesn't recognize that, it thinks I'm still on the last chapter and Orphan is still alive.. Very weird..

Have you heard of something called 'Lucky Break'? I read something about it but don't recall where now.. Also, can you get more then one Growth Egg? Can you go back and fight the Neoochu for another one?

Blog Entries

Mission dropped items only drop once. If you complete the mission a second time you'll just get bomb cores from it.

I have nearly completed a 100% of the game, but the game is always going to tell you to kill Orphan because you never play after that point just prior to it. The world would be quite a bit different if you did. But the only ending there is in the game is from beating Orphan.

This ain't no place for no hero Misson Help Tiffany's Avatar

I got SO confused because I killed the Ochu in the Faultwarrens and thought that I had somehow beaten the Neochu.

Heh... oops.