Thread: Maxed Out Characters

Let's make it rain. Maxed Out Characters Jonathanx221's Avatar

Maxed Out Characters

Even with maxed out characters..... THIS GAME IS STILL HARD!

I'm losing all motivation to play because of this, getting that trape to get the best weapons, and trying to beat missions, some of these class A missions feel impossible even with maxed out characters.

Why must they do this to me? I have 82 hours in this game and I feel like my guys are so weak.....

The Quiet One Maxed Out Characters Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Maxed Out Characters

The game was designed so that you could not really overlevel to beat everything. It was designed so that you would have to use your head to beat the enemies. As one of the guys from the FFXIII team said, every single mission is beatable without using cheats or shrouds. You just need the right tools for the job. For every job there is a proper tool. >.>

Anyway, can it be frustrating? Oh yes it is. You've got no idea how many times I got annoyed with a boss or enemy or something that stopped me but I eventually found a way. If you're stumped on something there are actually quite a few youtube videos for the missions. I went to see what sort of tactics people were using to see if I needed to refine something. There are also guides and what not that collect other people's play styles. Everyone will play differently and picking up other methods can be pretty helpful.

Another thing can be the party members. I can't really explain it, but I had Lightning, Sazh and Fang try to take down a large Adamantoise and failed. I put in Vanille for Lightning and I suddenly won. The team can make all the difference too. And I did use the exact same paradigms both times.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

Sounds like you need to refine your tactics a bit if you're having that much trouble. I've done every Cei'th mission except for three and while I didn't 5-star every battle, I can't say it was really frustrating aside from a select few. My characters are not maxxed out and I don't have ultimate weapons or fully upgraded accessories. It can take a few tries but when the right strategy clicks, you find yourself wondering why you thought it was hard five minutes ago lol. Or at least that's how it is with me.

What missions are you stuck on?

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    Sounds like you need to refine your tactics a bit if you're having that much trouble. I've done every Cei'th mission except for three and while I didn't 5-star every battle, I can't say it was really frustrating aside from a select few. My characters are not maxxed out and I don't have ultimate weapons or fully upgraded accessories. It can take a few tries but when the right strategy clicks, you find yourself wondering why you thought it was hard five minutes ago lol. Or at least that's how it is with me.

What missions are you stuck on?

~DragonHeart~
    Mission 62 – Indomitable Will.

They're just really cheap, I can find methods to beat many many other things, and I have no trouble with the giant turtles and such. It's just... they both multi cast later in the fight, over, and over and over again. It feels impossible to heal, I'm smart with the game, I know which characters are best at what, I know who to be my buffer and de buffer and commando and ravanger. I know who to make my tank and such. That's just a hard mission, all around. Aha. I beat the giant cactuar, that felt good. And the neochu, wow, that felt really good. But these guys.... NO WAY.

Oh and, I forget the other posters name above but thanks for the info. Youtube will be where I look this mission up here soon.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that mission sucks. I have to redo that one myself, didn't 5 star it the first time. I'm waiting until I upgrade my accessories though, loading up with magic resistance was how I got it the first time. I seriously have like 10 Witch Bracelets that I used solely for that mission. >_>

~DragonHeart~

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    Yeah, that mission sucks. I have to redo that one myself, didn't 5 star it the first time. I'm waiting until I upgrade my accessories though, loading up with magic resistance was how I got it the first time. I seriously have like 10 Witch Bracelets that I used solely for that mission. >_>

~DragonHeart~
    Can you buy those?

Name your strategy, characters and paradigms. Please and thank you. =]

I only have three missions left, 61, 63, and 64.

Blog Entries

You can buy them from the B&W Outfitters shop. I upgraded all of mine, pretty much. Maxed out they give you 25% magic resistance. Expect to take a lot of damage anyways, though.

The key to winning is really having a good Saboteur (or two). Keep them both slowed as much as possible to help stem the tide of that evil evil multicast, then focus on defeating one of them. Keep your chain at all costs, basically. You can't do any damage until you Stagger it, pretty much. Com/Rav/Rav or Com/Rav/Med to start the chain, Rav/Rav/Rav to raise it as fast as possible. Use Com/Med/Med or Sab/Med/Med when you need to heal so you don't risk losing your chain. The second it's Staggered, go all out. Don't neglect to heal, though. If you're using Lightning or Fang as lead, use Army of One or Highwind when the Stagger meter gets low to do as much damage as possible before it runs out. When I first won the mission I hadn't upgraded my weapons yet so I toughed it out the hard way.

As soon as you get one of them down the battle gets easier. Just remember to keep slow on it; the less time you spend healing, the more time you spend doing damage. The hard part is really keeping the chain long enough to actually Stagger it before it blasts you into oblivion.

I just finished the last mission tonight, it was tough but nothing like the pain of Indomitable Will. I am not looking forward to doing it again lol.

~DragonHeart~

I'm not looking forward to the last mission at all. Nope, notta. Ahaha. This game is kinda just making me play now. I just wanna beat all the missions, I don't even care about 5 stars yet.

Your strategy sounds good, I might try my own, and if I fail again, I'll try yours.

Thanks! I really like the people here, so helpful.