Thread: I'm giving up.

Let's make it rain. I'm giving up. Jonathanx221's Avatar

Angry I'm giving up.

It takes too long to farm gil for items to max out my ultimate weapons, and to do the triplicating Trape's, Mission 64 is way too hard, well, not hard, just cheap. So, I'm just either gonna give up, or take a break.

I mean... I have been playing every single day since march 9th.... sadly...

Maybe if I take a break, and I come back... i'll have the motivation to get all that gil and what not so I can come back to that fight and destroy mission 64.

Blog Entries

Re: I'm giving up.

Sometimes a break is just what you need. I do the same thing when I get stuck in games, I stop playing for awhile. When I come back I usually breeze through whatever it was giving me trouble. Weird how that works.

I've been stuck a few times, however temporarily. Every time I wandered off and did something else for a few hours or a day or so, then when I came back around to it the fight didn't seem as bad.

Enjoy your break, don't think about the game at all until you come back to it.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    Sometimes a break is just what you need. I do the same thing when I get stuck in games, I stop playing for awhile. When I come back I usually breeze through whatever it was giving me trouble. Weird how that works.

I've been stuck a few times, however temporarily. Every time I wandered off and did something else for a few hours or a day or so, then when I came back around to it the fight didn't seem as bad.

Enjoy your break, don't think about the game at all until you come back to it.

~DragonHeart~
    Haha, thanks. I'm gonna try and beat Final Fantasy 4 for the first time, after that, I'll come back to 13.

This ain't no place for no hero I'm giving up. Tiffany's Avatar

I had to do the same thing during that fight with Bartandelus. I got so frustrated I had to walk away. Grrr.

Anyways, have fun playing FFIV

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I had to do the same thing during that fight with Bartandelus. I got so frustrated I had to walk away. Grrr.

Anyways, have fun playing FFIV
    It's a lot of fun. =] Especially on ps1, I have no idea why either. It's just different, I haven't played a classic game in such a long time, it brings back so many good old memories.

But anyway, it's bedtime. 13's gonna have to wait for about a week. =]

Paladin I'm giving up. Voltaire Adams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    Haha, thanks. I'm gonna try and beat Final Fantasy 4 for the first time, after that, I'll come back to 13.

Ironicly, I got frustrated with the end game grind as well and decided to take a break by playing FFIV:The After Years.

Eerie..
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is why I'm taking my time with it. Almost everyone I know who bought the game had over thirty hours on the clock within the first three days of release. It's like... did you sleep/eat/work/bathe? o.o;

... I just took the time to CP gather when I first found some re-spawning enemies, and when I reached Gran Pulse. It's put about an extra fifteen to twenty hours on my clock, but at least I'm having fun. ^^;;

So yeah. Take a break for a while, and come back to it. If you're finding it difficult, just take your time to develop your characters. Also, get those chips before Gran Pulse! If you want money on Gran Pulse, you'd better come prepared - or face a few challenges when you get there. It's not impossible to get Gil on Gran Pulse, but with under-developed characters, you may have a little difficulty.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I just reached Gran Pulse and have not developed my weapons yet... any of them. To be honest I have no clue what weapon is good or bad so didn't want to waste resources. Anyone got a suggestion on which weapon is good to start developing?

This game is very intense so a break every now and then is needed.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yang's bald head View Post
    I just reached Gran Pulse and have not developed my weapons yet... any of them. To be honest I have no clue what weapon is good or bad so didn't want to waste resources. Anyone got a suggestion on which weapon is good to start developing?

This game is very intense so a break every now and then is needed.
    To be absolutely honest? I just upgraded the first weapons I had. I've never had problems with them. I wouldn't worry too much about resources - unless you're avoiding battles, and don't have the Gil to buy some.

Other weapons carry bonuses, so depending on your character, I'd pick a weapon that suits them. Like, if you'd like Vanille to be your Medic, the Healing Staff might be a good choice to boost Cure (? - I don't have it).

If you're worried about developing them, make another savedata, and experiment for a while.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I feel epic... I'm giving up. Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I don't know how a lot of people could beat this game in a day, much less a week. o_O

I see some battles, and how could they not die at least once? (When I'm grinded up all the way, I get to some battles where I wonder how the hell I'd survive if I didn't.)

I also take my dear sweet time with this game. When its time to grind, its time to GRIND. I spend a few hours or so, devoted to completing my grids for this chapter or that chapter. I'm a completionist, like that.

When I lost to Cid a few times, I did give up for a day or two. When I came back, I got him on the first try... >_> Since then, I haven't encountered any seemingly unwinnable battles, just ones that require a good strategy.

But, if you need a break, take it. There's some sort of strange occurance that happens when you come back after a while, not thinking about it. Oh well.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    It's like... did you sleep/eat/work/bathe?
    No/Yes/No/Not As Much.

Lost my temp job day before the game came out. It was good and bad.
    This is my signature. It's not good now, but later on it might be. Who can say...

...can you?

Che

I have two ultimate weapons now, been playing the crap out of it. And I was all excited a day ago, but looking back: what am I doing? I beat the story, I dunno why I'm pumping countless hours into it haha.

I'll finish it off some other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I have two ultimate weapons now, been playing the crap out of it. And I was all excited a day ago, but looking back: what am I doing? I beat the story, I dunno why I'm pumping countless hours into it haha.

I'll finish it off some other day.
    Well for me, it's to get acheivements really since I have the Xbox 360 version. This one actually gives me something to prove I've gone above and beyond, and I really like that.

Two ultimate weapons? Are you not aware of the duplicating trick for Trapozehedrea...whatevers?

...can you?

Registered User I'm giving up. winterborn86's Avatar

I think I'm gunna take my time with this one, after rushing my way through 7,8,9 and 10 and hitting a few tough battles that drove me mad for ages I've learnt my lesson lol

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    This is why I'm taking my time with it. Almost everyone I know who bought the game had over thirty hours on the clock within the first three days of release. It's like... did you sleep/eat/work/bathe? o.o;

... I just took the time to CP gather when I first found some re-spawning enemies, and when I reached Gran Pulse. It's put about an extra fifteen to twenty hours on my clock, but at least I'm having fun. ^^;;

So yeah. Take a break for a while, and come back to it. If you're finding it difficult, just take your time to develop your characters. Also, get those chips before Gran Pulse! If you want money on Gran Pulse, you'd better come prepared - or face a few challenges when you get there. It's not impossible to get Gil on Gran Pulse, but with under-developed characters, you may have a little difficulty.
    I have maxed out characters, I'm doing the triplicating of the trape's trick, I have two missions left to beat.

I'm gonna work on getting gill in edenhall, they drop chips left and right, i fight psicoms then i fight the adamantortoise for a chance of an ingot, then i repeat. Gil comes fast. And, small chances for a trape to drop as well.

And as for the other guy, yeah it's weird we both took a break to play 4. =] I love it though, to be honest, this is my first time playing 4. I've never played 1 2 3 4 5 or 6 in my life. So I'm happy I got them, for something new to me, thats very old to everyone else. =]

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Adams View Post
    Well for me, it's to get acheivements really since I have the Xbox 360 version. This one actually gives me something to prove I've gone above and beyond, and I really like that.

Two ultimate weapons? Are you not aware of the duplicating trick for Trapozehedrea...whatevers?
    It's to get 3, not 2. And I am aware. I haven't maxed them out, I just have them upgraded TO the third and final tier.

And **** achievements. They're just nerd points.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    It's to get 3, not 2. And I am aware. I haven't maxed them out, I just have them upgraded TO the third and final tier.

And **** achievements. They're just nerd points.
    Ahahahahahahahahaha true, you just made my night, thanks. =]

Blog Entries

I just want the silly weapon/acc trophy cause it unlocks Fang's PS3 theme. >_> It takes long enough that I figured I might as well go ahead and get the Platinum while I'm at it, heh.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    I just want the silly weapon/acc trophy cause it unlocks Fang's PS3 theme. >_> It takes long enough that I figured I might as well go ahead and get the Platinum while I'm at it, heh.

~DragonHeart~
    Download or make a sweet fang theme, I'm sure there are ones better than the one you get from that trophy... It's always a white backround with the character sitting there... it's kinda lame if you ask me.