Thread: I am SO looking forward to getting this game!

2000 COMMON ERRORS

I am SO looking forward to getting this game!

Is there anything I should (Not plot wise,PLEEEASE) know before I get it that might help throughout the game?

The Lone Dagger I am SO looking forward to getting this game! Xithor's Avatar

Re: I am SO looking forward to getting this game!

I would recommend learning how to use the paradigms in the most effective way, early on they aren't that big a deal or battle breakers but later on in the game they become very important switching back and forth in the middle of battle. Another thing just as a warning you don't get as much gil at all in this game, no gil from random battles so don't expect much haha

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User I am SO looking forward to getting this game!

The datalog is your friend. If you're confused about some terminology that the game keeps throwing at you, or if you just want to refresh yourself about some information about the characters, the enemies or how things in FF XIII's world works, open up the datalog and all the info that you've collected will be there.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

2000 COMMON ERRORS
    Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    I would recommend learning how to use the paradigms in the most effective way, early on they aren't that big a deal or battle breakers but later on in the game they become very important switching back and forth in the middle of battle. Another thing just as a warning you don't get as much gil at all in this game, no gil from random battles so don't expect much haha
    I thought Paradigms were like the overdrives of FFXIII. D:
    If I can handle Final fantasy XII's lack of random battle gil, FFXIII shouldn't be so bad. >w>

MERGED POSTS

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    The datalog is your friend. If you're confused about some terminology that the game keeps throwing at you, or if you just want to refresh yourself about some information about the characters, the enemies or how things in FF XIII's world works, open up the datalog and all the info that you've collected will be there.
    So it's like the clan primer?
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 04-27-2010 at 02:39 PM.

GranFran I am SO looking forward to getting this game! GranFran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 COMMON ERRORS View Post
    So it's like the clan primer?
    Yep, but there are some drawbacks, there is very little monster/boss info which bugged me a bit.. It took me awhile to figure out if you click on accessories and then click again it will give a better explanation of the item then the tiny scroll sentence on the top of the screen..

Also, something I didn't learn until I was far into the 15th mission and couldn't recall what I was doing (this happens to old people a lot ) you can pull the map screen and hit the same button again and it will give you a short synopsis of the missions..

I found the whole system a big annoying.. I mean every time you picked up an item or accessory, even if you already had it, it would start bleeping an exclamation mark at you.. Overkill and unnecessary..