Thread: Gigantaur...

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gigantaur...

I'm going insane.

Don't get me wrong; I can kill him. I've killed him using many various methods. I just can't five star the bugger, no matter what I do (I've managed four stars a good couple of times, mind you). I went to the trouble of obtaining a Golden Watch so that this would be easier, seeing as it doubles the time and all, and it's helped (when it decided to start working).

So... I have double the time and the "skill" to bring it down. But...

A little big...:

WTF is this? I was a whole thirty-five seconds faster than the target time! Does anyone have any tips for me?

I was using a party of Snow (maxed Solaris), Lightening (maxed Helter-skelter) and Fang (maxed Glaive), using the following paradigms:

Snow/Light/Fang
    SEN/COM/COM
    SEN/RAV/COM
    COM/COM/COM
    SAB/COM/COM
    MED/MED/MED

Snow, being the SEN for most of the battle has a Pain Deflector (49%) and something of the same type which prevents Fog (49%). Fang and Light have strength boosting items, health boosting items, Genji Gloves, Fang with a Golden Watch and Light with a Collectors Catalogue. Everyone is maxed out in the Crystarium.

I've tried the Daze trick, but it's pointless - it lasts no more than three seconds, and takes forever for it to hit again. -_-

If possible, I don't want to upgrade weapons to the third tier just yet.

Also, is it possible to cast a successful Death on it?

Thanks for any help.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Gigantaur... Polk's Avatar

Re: Gigantaur...

The easiest way (and the way I did it, trust me, I was in the same situation as you) is to use the Random Instant Chain ability:

Back in Section VI (Accessories) I made reference to this ability, but I didn't really explain it. Random Instant Chain is a very useful "passive" ability that will facilitate 5-starring several Missions, so let's take a moment to examine what it is and how it works.

Certain combinations of equipment will give your characters the ability to fill the Stagger Gauge of some enemies immediately. To impart this ability to a character, you need to equip that character with at least two items (two Accessories or one Accessory and a weapon) from the following lists:

Accessories: Survivalist Catalogue, Hunter's Friend, Speed Sash, Energy Sash, and Champion's Badge.

Weapons: Hauteclaire*, Durandal*, Lionheart, Ultima Weapon, Rigels*, Polaris Specials*, Procyons, Betelgeuse Customs, Unsetting Sun*, Midnight Sun*, Alicanto*, Caladrius*, Heavenly Axis*, Abraxas*, Taming Pole*, Venus Gospel*.
    From this guide.

I set it up on all my party members (Sazh, Lightning, and Fang) and set up a COM/COM/COM paradigm. It might take a couple of tries to get it to work, but it definitely will work.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Polk; 09-29-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

The Quiet One Gigantaur... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is definitely what I did as well, but like the random in the title says. It is random and will be a matter of luck when you get it. I know I had to do like 20 retries on the thing before I got it and I think even then I was nearly dead when it happened so I got screwed over the first time.

If you have the HP to survive late post game then it will be significantly easier to manage than when you are able to do him and you don't even have 10k HP. So considering you have already beaten him, it should be pretty easy for you to survive. It is just a matter of playing the waiting game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Magically Delicous Gigantaur... Merlin's Avatar

If you don't feel like being a cheap-ass and actually fighting it, this strat works quite well. Took me two tries because he was a douche the first time. FYI: Sentinel will kill your time. You don't have "time" to be defensive. ^_^ The real key with this strat is Enfire. It makes you do a shitload of damage. Without it, you just won't kill him fast enough.

Or you can hope for a random instant chain. I prefer to use my own strength.
    Last edited by Merlin; 09-29-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    If you don't feel like being a cheap-ass and actually fighting it, this strat works quite well. Took me two tries because he was a douche the first time. FYI: Sentinel will kill your time. You don't have "time" to be defensive. ^_^ The real key with this strat is Enfire. It makes you do a shitload of damage. Without it, you just won't kill him fast enough.

Or you can hope for a random instant chain. I prefer to use my own strength.
    I did find this video, and was trying it. But Daze doesn't work long enough - the second it hits, it's gone before my ATB can even refill again... even with Haste. I do give you props on using your own strength though - I don't usually like what people call "cheap" methods of doing things.

But Polk's method worked first try. I was just about to pause and retry the battle after the sixth round, but I heard the familiar sound of a staggering. So happy I actually got it on the first go!

Thanks guys for the help. ^^

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Bass Player Extraordinaire Gigantaur... Joe's Avatar

I went kind of cheaply for mine. I fought it normally until I was just about to get killed, then I summoned Odin to buy time. As luck would have it, Instant stagger worked just when i went into gestalt, and Zantetsuken killed it =D
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Blog Entries

I think your paradigm deck could use a little work. most lategame decks include me using 3x of every class except instead of doing a 3x MED, I go with SEN/MED/MED. Start off the battle with a rapid growth (manually use enfire on everyone), hit gigantaur with daze (perferably with Fang because her dehabilitate II skill makes it stick longer), then use the Cerberus combo (COM/COM/COM) and do work. If it doesn't work after a couple trys, consider using shrouds (at least the haste one) to speed up the battle so you can just skip the Rapid Growth part and save you some time.

EDIT: damn though, getting 12660 when a 5star is 13k points, thats rough lol.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I think your paradigm deck could use a little work. most lategame decks include me using 3x of every class except instead of doing a 3x MED, I go with SEN/MED/MED.
    That's actually the set I usually use for healing, lol. I changed it because I was trying to follow someone's example in a youtube video.

Although, I do hate controlling a sentinel. I'm not quick enough to decide when I've done enough provoking and when it's time to protect myself. MED/MED/MED not only saves me the bother when I'm using Fang as my lead, but it works faster. Speed is the key to five starring some of the harder dudes. xD

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Let darkness overshadow the light.. Gigantaur... Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

Have one continuously cast daze while another uses enfire on all, while the other debuffs.
    Then when you are ready, hurt it.
    My strength was perfect so, idk, I can't remember well

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...