Thread: Final Weapons

Che

Final Weapons

Not sure if anyone has any of the final weapons so far, but I got Ultima Weapon for Lightning last night.

I was under the impression that you had to take any of the tier 1 weapons, upgrade to star level, use a gem on it which unlocked tier2, upgrade to star again, and use one of those Trapezodon (sp?) gems to unlock the final weapon. Then you have to level that to Lv.100 for it to finally be done.

Well I had been using a star level tier 2 weapon of Lightning's (most STR oriented one) and was waiting on boosting my characters before trying to farm the Trapewhatever gems to upgrade to final. I had kept a Lionheart in my inventory that I got from a treasure chest. I upgraded it to max tier1, and then used a Scarletite on it, and to my surprise it turned into an Ultima Weapon. It's the one with the balanced STR and MAG and has early stagger on it.

Anyone know what the deal is? Anyone have any similar experiences?

edit: pic for proof.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1900/img0604h.jpg
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tGk0t9IGhI8Ge3MWhvTxZOw

Weapons Spreadsheet
    Last edited by Che; 03-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.

The Quiet One Final Weapons Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Final Weapons

That's because Omega Weapon is Lightning's final weapon and not the Ultima Weapon. You will have upgrade it again before it is the actual final weapon for Lightning. Sorry Che.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

All the weapons turn into their final one on the third tier upgrade, just with different stats and abilities depending on which weapon you chose to upgrade. That's why I haven't done any third tier upgrades yet, cause I haven't decided which one to do first. I could just do all of them but the thought of farming that many Trapezohedrons...*dies*

Anyways, if you're going for the trophy/achievement, you only need one third tier weapon for each character, but you do need all of the second tier ones.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    That's because Omega Weapon is Lightning's final weapon and not the Ultima Weapon. You will have upgrade it again before it is the actual final weapon for Lightning. Sorry Che.
    Lmao, I thought something was wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

Also: I heard that if you dismantle a final weapon you get 3 of those Trapamahoozits. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    Last edited by Che; 03-21-2010 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Lmao, I thought something was wrong. Thanks for clarifying.

Also: I heard that if you dismantle a final weapon you get 3 of those Trapamahoozits. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    Think its just a specific weapon that does that, not too sure. Or maybe the one i was reading about was just the cheapest way to do it. Possibly Kains Lance, one of Fangs weapons... in fact, definatly that one XD.

I don't even know where to start farming my first one, no chance i'm taking down those ones in Gran Pulse... 16 million hp or something =/

Edit: Apparently Vanilles weapon is another thats cheap that can do it.
    Last edited by Djinn; 03-21-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Let's make it rain. Final Weapons Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Think its just a specific weapon that does that, not too sure. Or maybe the one i was reading about was just the cheapest way to do it. Possibly Kains Lance, one of Fangs weapons... in fact, definatly that one XD.

I don't even know where to start farming my first one, no chance i'm taking down those ones in Gran Pulse... 16 million hp or something =/

Edit: Apparently Vanilles weapon is another thats cheap that can do it.
    ===TRIPLICATING TRAPEZOHEDRON===============================

Once you have one Trapezohedron, you can turn that one into three.

To do this, pick up a Mistilteinn, one of Vanille's weapons, buyable from
    Plautus's Workshop for 11,000 gil. Along with this, you will need the
    following materials:

159 Sturdy Bone \
    89 Superconductor \ Total gil:
    2 Particle Accelerator / 1,507,400 gil
    28 Ultracompact Reactor /

1 Scarletite
    1 Trapezohedron

Now, use the following items to upgrade the Mistilteinn in this exact
    order (for best cost effectiveness)

36 x Sturdy Bone
    50 x Superconductor

1 x Scarletite

36 x Sturdy Bone
    2 x Ultracompact Reactor
    15 x Sturdy Bone
    27 x Superconductor

1 x Trapezohedron

36 x Sturdy Bone
    26 x Ultracompact Reactor
    36 x Sturdy Bone
    2 x Particle Accelerator
    12 x Superconductor

The weapon should now be a maxed out Nirvana. Once you dismantle this, you
    will receive:

71 x Monstrous Fang
    60 x Entrancing Tail
    36 x Moonblossom Seed
    10 x Tear of Woe
    3 x Trapezohedron

Taken from Gamefaqs.

Che

Woot! I got my first Trapezohedron drop 5 minutes ago. I don't have a fully upgraded Eryine's Staff (or w/e the tier 2 Mistletin is called, I can't read shit on my girlfriend's non HD tv). It's only lvl35/61. Once I get some more gil I'll upgrade it, save, make it a Nirvana, and dismantle it to see if I can get 3 of the Trapezohedrons.

edit: Holy crap, 26 Ultra Compact Reactors? Thats 1.3mil gil! Is that correct? The exp must be huge on the Nirvana compared to tier1 and tier2.

I think thats 3,120,000 exp with a x3 bonus on.

edit2: I saved, upgraded to Nirvana (starts at lvl33). Then I had two Ultra Compact Reactors left over and it got me from Lv. 33 to Lv. 41 with a 3x bonus on. Tried dismantling and got a bunch of crap. I'll try again when I can afford to upgrade it to Lv. 100.

edit 3: found a weapon's spreadsheet, edited first post
    Last edited by Che; 03-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Adamantoise are tough but not impossible. Djinn, let me know if you need a good strategy for them. I started out using Death until I got my hands on a Genji Glove and really started weapon upgrades. If Fang is in your regular battle team, definitely go for Kain's Lance first. Highwind totally obliterates them. >_>

At least they drop the Platinum Ingots too so you can get some money for upgrading. Now that I don't need CP anymore I'm not getting any, though. Grr.

~DragonHeart~

I don't really have the HP for them yet, or not the massive ones anyway. Only got about 14k hp, got my first trap though... level 96 nirvana at the moment, just need a few more k then i can dismantle it XD.

Feel free to share the strategy for them though

Blog Entries

Only 14k? Lol that's plenty for taking on an Adamantoise. Check the tips and hints thread, I just wrote up the basic Death farming method for Che earlier. It takes patience and trial and error but it's not too bad as long as you pay attention to what the Adamantoise is doing. The only real thing to fear from them is if it stomps then Quake right afterward. That hurts. Or Roar, stupid Dazega's wiped me a few times. But, there's an accessory for that.

~DragonHeart~