Thread: Final Fantasy XIII PS3 'Nearly Doubles' Xbox 360 Version In U.S. Sales

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 'Nearly Doubles' Xbox 360 Version In U.S. Sales

First month figures for Final Fantasy XIII are in, with the North American version of Square Enix's role-playing game epic moving more than 1.3 million copies in the United States. The vast majority of those were on the PlayStation 3.

A statement from Sony stated the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII "sold nearly double the Xbox version." In actual numbers, that broke down to 828,200 copies of the game snapped up by those in the Sony camp and 494,300 who preferred the Xbox 360 version. A definite win for Sony.

To compare, the last entry in the main Final Fantasy series, PlayStation 2 game Final Fantasy XII sold 896,000 copies during its first month of release in the U.S. in November 2006.

Source: Kotaku

Sig & Ava by me

I want to play a game. Final Fantasy XIII PS3 'Nearly Doubles' Xbox 360 Version In U.S. Sales Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Final Fantasy XIII PS3 'Nearly Doubles' Xbox 360 Version In U.S. Sales

I expected that the PS3 version would sell more copies due to a couple of reasons: it was first announced for the PS3 and there Final Fantasy is known more with Sony gaming consoles compared to Microsoft's. As time has gone by though Final Fantasy XIII does not have great legs; Final Fantasy XII has sold more in the U.S in weeks 4 and 5 than Final Fantasy XIII has. It also appears that Final Fantasy XIII will not surpass its most recent predecessor; it needs around one million but last week's sales for Europe and U.S/NA are below 40,000 so it will have a hard time reaching that number. It may not even pass Final Fantasy X-2 which has around 5.21 million sales worldwide.

Saleswise, I find Final Fantasy XIII to be a bit disappointing. I had thought that for each system in both the U.S and Europe/Other regions that it would have at least sold 1.5 million copies, if not 2 million, then again 5 million sales is still very good.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Soldier 1st Class Final Fantasy XIII PS3 'Nearly Doubles' Xbox 360 Version In U.S. Sales Tietsu's Avatar

This doesn't surprise me one bit due to the fact that it seems that some xbox users are 1st and 3rd person shooter fans and the ps3 community are almost filled with the one that like rpg's.(not trying to say that thats all of the people just a feeling) Also because final fantasies 7-10 and 12 have all been for the ps1 and ps2 so basically the people who own those games migrated to the ps3.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I can't say I'm too surprised myself.
    Most serious gamers own both a PS3 AND a 360 these days and in most aspects the PS3 version is clearly superior and most reviews have shown this. Why buy the weaker version over the stronger one if you have the choice?
    victoria aut mors