Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta

Eye in the Sky Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta Fuzz's Avatar

Post Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta

--NEWS-- November 9, 2009

Check out the link below to get a quick glimpse of how the Chocobos will look like in Final Fantasy XIII. They look similar but in a way different than past FFs. Many think they almost look a bit more angry! Plus they appear to be larger than ever before.

In addition to the Chocobos, another summon has been revealed. This one belongs to Hope, and it's the classic Alexander.

Shonen Jump magazine confirmed that a Final Fantasy XIV beta will be included with the Japanese release of XIII.

Read Full Article

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

私は。。。思い出にはならないさ Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta chaosweapon's Avatar
    I don't like the look of those chocobos.

Anyway with the Japanese version of Final Fantasy XIII, there will be Final Fantasy XIV beta codes . This is awesome news for those who want to test this new MMORPG.
    Last edited by chaosweapon; 11-09-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Master of the Shadow Key Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    As always, Alexander is the epitome of epicness. Let me guess, his transformation is......hmm.....a castle???

Anyway the chocobos were a bit of a shock to me. I liked it when they were cute. These things look like they are a part 80's rock band and they are WWAAAAAYYYY bigger then before.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

The Quiet One Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It has not been confirmed to be a beta. They are said to be campaign codes for FFXIV. We don't know what campaign codes are supposed to mean, but most people are translating it to mean beta codes. However, the development team for FFXIV has specifically said that beta testing is going to begin on the PC version and move on the PS3 version. So its undetermined what is going on. As though people need an incentive to buy FFXIII. All the people wanting to play FFXIV will be buying FFXIII anyway pretty much. And if it is really a beta, people wanting to beta are probably already die hard FF fans to begin with.

It'd make more sense to do what they did with DQVIII and attach the FFXII demo with it in the US. Nobody was interested in DQ on a wide base in the US, but a FFXII demo made them all get it and learn DQ was a good game. Unfortunately, SE not going to be releasing another PS3 game before FFXIV comes out. >.> Unless they're releasing Near or whatever it is called soon.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

#LOCKE4GOD Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ugh! They look like this:

David Bowie in The Labyrinth
    Last edited by Alpha; 11-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.

The Quiet One Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Confirmation has come today stating that the campaign codes that are coming with the game will be for a secret in-game item for FFXIV. They are not beta codes. They have not said what the item is, but naturally you're going to have to buy FFXIV to get the item. And as I had said earlier anyone playing FFXIV probably will be buying FFXIII as well just means that they be getting some free item for purchases they were already going to be making. It unlikely to actually push anymore FFXIII or FFXIV purchases though, since its just an in-game item that will have limited to no impact on the nature of FFXIV anyway. Almost all special items that they give out are just vanity pieces. But its a perk for people already planning on getting both anyway.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Ugh! They look like this:

David Bowie in The Labyrinth
    Hawt. Even better with those tight pants he wears. Hur! Hur! Hur!

Anyway, I think that these chocobos are pretty badass looking! No longer are they the cutesy-wootsy yellow flightless (sometimes) bird creatures of past FF games. I happen to like this new version. Maybe it will just take some getting used to for everyone else. As Keyblader pointed out, they do look enormous compared to previous ones.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 11-11-2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta
    Yeah, I'm not too keen on the floppy ear thing they've got going on there.
    I'm not sure they are that much bigger than before, though. That looks like a young child riding the chocobo in the pictures, so with an adult at the reigns... who knows?
    One Man and His Axe...

Keeper of Balance/Defender of Order Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta Materiathief00's Avatar
    Wow, those chocobos are very different. I have no idea of what to think of them. I don't really like the ears at all, I could deal with the Mohawk but the ears make them look freaky. I guess the size would explain how the whole party can fit when you find one chocobo. But I still wish they had kept to the way they usually were, they was nothing wrong with them. I hope they're at least faster now that they're huge. I guess because they're in the pulse and have to contend with all of those giant monsters it would make sense but I still think they could avoid the brutes with their speed.
    I'm so happy Hope's summon has been reviled! And I always love Alexander so they should be good. I think it's a little fitting for him too because he wants to punish and bring what he thinks is justice to Snow. I love the whole fortress thing too, that rocks. But now I wonder who has Siren.
    Keep those updates coming!

This INCREDIBLE banner was made by Kilala, thank you so much for making it for me!
    ----------------------------
    Barret: What are you?
    Red XIII: An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see.

I think Chocobos looked the best in ffX but maybe I'll get used to these ones.

AveMaria

Re: Final Fantasy XIII Chocobos, Alexander, FFXIV Beta

love chocobos since FFVIII, no matter or how they look like I still like them.