View Poll Results: FFXIII or FFXIII: Versus?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy XIII

9 40.91%
  • Final Fantasy XIII: Versus

12 54.55%
  • **** you, Che.

1 4.55%

Thread: FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg?

Che

FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg?

Why Square Enix is making two different games (3 actually with Agito) we probably won't know until after they're released. However, sometimes I forget that both of these games are coming out for the PS3 instead of just one. After looking at the trailers, Versus looks way more dark and serious as opposed to FFXIII. Which one looks cooler to you?

I may sound stupid for this question.. but, what's the difference? I'm kind of mad about there being so many of them because it's going to be really hard to buy all of them.

Che
    The regular version is what you've probably seen most of. It has the character lightning, and the afro guy, etc. It's going to be a turn-based sort of gameplay.

Versus is the one you might have seen less of. It's going to be more action-based in the gameplay, and looks much darker and more serious. If you happened to see the trailer for it, it's the one where the guy dressed in black and the silver hair is walking down the stairs as police(or whatever) unload on him and he has a shield that just eats all the bullets, and then he pulls out all the FF swords and does some crazy stuff.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? Xanatos's Avatar
    Versus looks way cooler than regular judging by the trailers I've seen so far, and everything I read about it looks really promising. But I can't say anything more until they release both of them, who knows maybe regular turns out to be much cooler than Versus. I'm sure that both of these games will be really great the only problem is which one will be better.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? Jonhy Strikeback's Avatar
    I think the original version is better then the versus version.
    Final fantasy fan.

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonhy Strikeback View Post
    I think the original version is better then the versus version.
    I hope you are not saying that you've played them both. I would be very mad if the games came out in Brazil secretly and I didn't know about it.

I really want to play both, actually. I miss playing RPGs. There's like a negative amount of them now. What happened? I even started a new game of FFXII to help my withdrawl. I can't wait to go on an epic adventure. At the same time, I can't wait to see how badass versus is going to be, and see just how dark the story really is.

FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? Ragtime's Avatar
    I would say versus XIII because it looks cooler and more atmospheric. In fact that is the only reason I'm going to get a ps3 because of the exclusivity of versus. The only reservation I have is that XIII battle system looks good but Versus battle system, which is reportedly going to be like FF VII: AC, which is effectively a hack and slash, whilst I prefer turn based battling.

But don't get me wrong XIII looks amazing too and I'm looking forward to both games as they have pushed the next gen graphics further than any other games thus far. I feel that SE may redeem themselves after XII.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I Like them Both, but FF Versus XIII looks crazy. I like the Trailer, so yeah, I guess I would pic that, But I would get both anyway. Thats just my opinion. Anyway, Happy Posting

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

Death comes on silent wings FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? bobbo087's Avatar
    I think I would probably get both for the versatility, but one thing that I am questioning is if the story lines would be similar with the same characters or would it be completely different and for that matter when are they coming out in the u.s.?

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    The North American Version will be out in 2010, while it is probly out in Japan right now.
    The Story lines are Completely Different from one another. The only thing that is the same, is that it revolves around Crystals. If you would like to know more about this, just ask me. I will answer you as soon as possible.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

epyon21
    I'm personally going to get both of the but I'm looking more forward to versus.

Stella Nox Fleuret
    Versus for me but the Lightning character does seem very interesting. FF has had very few female leads and this one looks unique and special But I agree that Versus seems to have set down a very dark atmosphere and that itself lures me in

Death Before Dishonor FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i have heard nothing about the realese anyone know anything....

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User FFXIII Versus or FFXIII Reg? WilsonDean1990's Avatar
    After watching Both trailers i prefer the characters and music in FFXIII Verus than FFXIII

FFXIII Trailer YouTube - FINAL FANTASY XIII E3 2009 Trailer
    FFXIII Verus Trailer YouTube - Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trailer in HD!

I just think the music in versus sounds epic, plus for some reason i get a funny feeling the gameplay will be like crisis core
    Last edited by WilsonDean1990; 09-23-2009 at 04:39 PM.

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

ninjashoes
    I gotta go with versus although both games look really cool.

Versus just remins me more of FF7.