Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ffxiii limited collectors edition?

SeeD Instructor Ffxiii limited collectors edition? theblackmonster's Avatar

Ffxiii limited collectors edition?

well its coming down to the line now with just about a week away from this amazing release, but the U.S. has yet to see any collectors or limited editions! not even a hint or piece of news from SE or anything. i wonder......

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Ffxiii limited collectors edition?

To bad. The Australian one I'm getting comes with a soundtrack, calender, artbook, decal...

Good stuff.
    victoria aut mors

.............. Ffxiii limited collectors edition? smurphy's Avatar

The PAL version has the exact same, bar the calender. I am more partial to the limited edition as it has the traditional logo/white background combination on the cover as opposed to the logo in the corner with lightning taking up most of the rest of the cover combination that the normal edition will have.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

I want to play a game. Ffxiii limited collectors edition? Zargabaath's Avatar

The only Limited Edition item the U.S has for Final Fanasy XIII is the strategy guide. The guide is selling normally for $34 but if "you" order it from the websites of Wal-Mart or Barnes & Noble it costs only $19 plus shipping which is still at least $10 less than the original price. If anyone in the States is interested in this discount I suggest placing an order as quickly as possible before it sells out.

I'm not disgruntled about us - the States - not getting a Limited Edition of the actual game; the only collector's edition iteration we have gotten is Final Fantasy XII so it [limited edition] is not a staple of releases in the U.S.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    The PAL version has the exact same, bar the calender. I am more partial to the limited edition as it has the traditional logo/white background combination on the cover as opposed to the logo in the corner with lightning taking up most of the rest of the cover combination that the normal edition will have.
    The Australian one is the PAL one. It's just some retailors add an item. Calendar was ebgames and I think GAME includes an A4 wallet with a high quality image and JB Hifi has some special lithographs or something.
    victoria aut mors

Our Hopes and Expectations Ffxiii limited collectors edition? Ernest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    To bad. The Australian one I'm getting comes with a soundtrack, calender, artbook, decal...

Good stuff.
    Same here. (Plus Limited Edition Strategy Guide) *High fives*

That's pretty odd that America wouldn't have one. I know it's a pain, but you could always try online. Not so much ebay, but European and Australian websites. Im sure they'd ship overseas.

Or a website like Playasia.com
    ____Ernest

Finding this place a little dull... Ffxiii limited collectors edition? xTidus's Avatar

Britain is getting the soundtrack decal etc! I'm getting it too! £60 though :/

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

60 pounds sterling is pretty harsh. When I asked one of the staff in GAME what the price is likely to be they said they couldnt see it being any more than 65 euros. A funny turn around as British consumers use to have it better price wise for games when in Ireland games used to sell for 70 euros new but are no more than 55 euros now.
    Winston S.Churchill

Finding this place a little dull... Ffxiii limited collectors edition? xTidus's Avatar

Lucky person! Buy me one and mail it to me?

luckily enough i reserved the limited strategy guide the second i heard of its release, but id be very very surprised and somewhat disappointed if the U.S. does not see a limited or collectors edition game.

Regardless, final fantasy 13 is going to be flawless.

I don't think that England is getting the strategy guide! ¬¬

I dont think that PAL areas not getting a strategy guide is that big of a deal because as opposed to every other 3D game in the series theres hardly any side missions( apparently) bar the marks. The only way I see a guide being important is for boss strategies.
    Winston S.Churchill

Does that mean we are missing stuff out of the game? :s

No not at all. Unless you are buying the 360 version of course in which case you dont get the Japanese audio dub as well as the english dub. Its supposedly a very linear game so by that logic there isnt much in the game you would need a guide for.
    Winston S.Churchill

Ahh.. Good! I have a ps3 anyway so I'm good! XBOX fails.

i don't even wanna get into the subject that Final Fantasy is also going to the xbox 360.

dont forget all you PS3 users FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII is a PS3 exclusive game. and thats where we win.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackmonster View Post
    i don't even wanna get into the subject that Final Fantasy is also going to the xbox 360.

dont forget all you PS3 users FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII is a PS3 exclusive game. and thats where we win.

I SECOND THAT! I now adore you for that!

Che

Quote Originally Posted by smurphy View Post
    No not at all. Unless you are buying the 360 version of course in which case you dont get the Japanese audio dub as well as the english dub. Its supposedly a very linear game so by that logic there isnt much in the game you would need a guide for.
    Totally gonna play the game with Japanese audio.

And you don't need a guide for any of the Final Fantasies. Takes the fun out of playing a videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Totally gonna play the game with Japanese audio.

And you don't need a guide for any of the Final Fantasies. Takes the fun out of playing a videogame.
    What actualy is that? hahha.. I don't need the guide. I just wanted it as a collectable! =3

Che

Quote Originally Posted by xTidus View Post
    What actualy is that? hahha.. I don't need the guide. I just wanted it as a collectable! =3
    Don't really understand your question, but I'm gonna try to answer it anyway.

I just meant it takes the fun out of playing a videogame if you don't wanna figure out how to be successful in it for yourself.

Don't really understand your question, but I'm gonna try to answer it anyway.

I just meant it takes the fun out of playing a videogame if you don't wanna figure out how to be successful in it for yourself.
    Noo.. What I meant was, What is Japanese Audio? hahah

Che

Quote Originally Posted by xTidus View Post
    Noo.. What I meant was, What is Japanese Audio? hahah
    Oh, the PS3 version is going to let you switch from hearing the characters voices in English to hearing them in Japanese.

Oh, the PS3 version is going to let you switch from hearing the characters voices in English to hearing them in Japanese.

Ahh... Thank you! Hhaha funny confusion

Quote Originally Posted by theblackmonster View Post

It's just a pity PS3 users don't get Lost Odyssey like 360 users do. Or that you won't get Last Story like Wii users will.

Personally I get all of them, and love that tons.
    But the fact that the first half of the series came on Nintendo consoles originally really kills any Sony FF pride argument.

It's sad that some people hold so much of a grudge that they hate that another demographic gets to play the better games.

On a 360 note, I preordered an import FFXIII edition 360 as they don't seem to be offering them for preorder locally. I figure I'll stick my collector's edition decal on my PS3 slim and will have two FFXIII themed consoles at the end of it.
    victoria aut mors

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    It's just a pity PS3 users don't get Lost Odyssey like 360 users do. Or that you won't get Last Story like Wii users will.

Personally I get all of them, and love that tons.
    But the fact that the first half of the series came on Nintendo consoles originally really kills any Sony FF pride argument.

It's sad that some people hold so much of a grudge that they hate that another demographic gets to play the better games.

On a 360 note, I preordered an import FFXIII edition 360 as they don't seem to be offering them for preorder locally. I figure I'll stick my collector's edition decal on my PS3 slim and will have two FFXIII themed consoles at the end of it.

first off, i hold no grudge, and i do not hate any demographic. never said i hate 360.

the series was released originally with Nintendo sure, remember origins, chronicles and anthology though?

right their is the first half of the series re-released on the PlayStation (and no other console). my "Sony FF pride" isn't hurt whatsoever, i would have just like to seen the series continue just on PlayStation, and in a way it is considering FF VERSUS XIII will be an PS3 exclusive.

and Lost Odyssey is an amazing game.

Our Hopes and Expectations Ffxiii limited collectors edition? Ernest's Avatar

Or you could say that Final Fantasy VII, at 10 Million games, sold more than the first six Nintendo Final Fantasy games combined.

The only reason I care is image. I was very annoyed when the game went Multi because I was feeling insecure about having bought a PS3. It wasn't about console wars or anything like that. I was so annoyed to learn that one of the games I'd invested in, would be playable on a cheaper console that all my friends had.

But, now that I am very secure with my PS3 purchase, it's mainly the other reason that annoys me. Which is that I feel going Multi hurts the image of Final Fantasy. It makes the series look like cheap, like it can't support itself on one system. Imagine if Halo went Multiplatform. You'd just think one word. "Whores".

On the other hand, It'd be nice to see those Xbox owners who held up a farce of superficiously hating the game, may come around. And an overall increase in sales for SquareEnix is always nice (assuming it encourages them to work harder). The problem is that according to sales, Playstation 3 exclusives sell 45% better than Multiplatform games on the PS3. When you consider the Multiplatform games that have come to the PS3, this is quite a feat.

People get excited about exclusives. ****en look at gaming websites all over the world. Their interface is plastered with Gods of War 3 news and videos, a game that is coming out in March also. Final Fantasy XIII will ultimately sell far more, but people get excited about exclusives because they rock the industries current standings.

I think Final Fantasy XIII could have sold more as an exclusive, than on both systems. Playstation owners get excited when they here an exclusive is coming to a store near them. Do you think 3 Million people bought Resistance: Fall of Man because it was just such an amazing game? Hell no. They bought it because Microsoft and Nintendo don't have it.

I know so many friends who aren't total fans, but completed X and XII, are totally disinterested in XIII. I wonder why.
    Last edited by Ernest; 03-03-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    ____Ernest

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    Or you could say that Final Fantasy VII, at 10 Million games, sold more than the first six Nintendo Final Fantasy games combined.

The only reason I care is image. I was very annoyed when the game went Multi because I was feeling insecure about having bought a PS3. It wasn't about console wars or anything like that. I was so annoyed to learn that one of the games I'd invested in, would be playable on a cheaper console that all my friends had.

But, now that I am very secure with my PS3 purchase, it's mainly the other reason that annoys me. Which is that I feel going Multi hurts the image of Final Fantasy. It makes the series look like cheap, like it can't support itself on one system. Imagine if Halo went Multiplatform. You'd just think one word. "Whores".

On the other hand, It'd be nice to see those Xbox owners who held up a farce of superficiously hating the game, may come around. And an overall increase in sales for SquareEnix is always nice (assuming it encourages them to work harder). The problem is that according to sales, Playstation 3 exclusives sell 45% better than Multiplatform games on the PS3. When you consider the Multiplatform games that have come to the PS3, this is quite a feat.

People get excited about exclusives. ****en look at gaming websites all over the world. Their interface is plastered with Gods of War 3 news and videos, a game that is coming out in March also. Final Fantasy XIII will ultimately sell far more, but people get excited about exclusives because they rock the industries current standings.

I think Final Fantasy XIII could have sold more as an exclusive, than on both systems. Playstation owners get excited when they here an exclusive is coming to a store near them. Do you think 3 Million people bought Resistance: Fall of Man because it was just such an amazing game? Hell no. They bought it because Microsoft and Nintendo don't have it.

I know so many friends who aren't total fans, but completed X and XII, are totally disinterested in XIII. I wonder why.
    I don't know why Final Fantasy VII sold so many.. it failed! I agree that they should have made Final Fantasy XIII Ps3 exclusive though!

at this point its crazy that we still haven't heard or seen anything related to a collectors edition FF XIII.

This ain't no place for no hero Ffxiii limited collectors edition? Tiffany's Avatar

Lost Odyssey was freaking amazing! <3

I personally don't get the console beefs. Buy what you want, and play what you want. Whatever. I barely use my PS3 and prefer my 360 but that doesn't mean that the entire PS3 console sucks.

I haven't heard of anything exclusive for FFXIII yet either. Well, except the Limited Edition 360 that's coming out. You get 2 controllers (they normally only ship with one) a 'nifty' faceplate and the game... but the kicker is the huge hard drive on the 360. Although the console itself is still white, which isn't all that impressive considering base 360s ship like that. Not like the green ones for Halo or the red ones for Resident Evil.

Although a friend mentioned yesterday that the FFXIII faceplates for the 360 are going for like $120 on Ebay. Which baffles me as well. Ahhh well.

Blog Entries

If we haven't heard of a collector's edition by now then there isn't one. I'll settle for the guide though, I happen to have a coffee table in need of a book. XD I never use a guide on the first run; having one is more for collection purposes. They have pretty artwork. I use guides mainly for equipment and sidequests anyways. And maps, cause I get lost all the time.

ETA: I don't have sales figures but if the XII collector's edition didn't do well, that probably influenced their decision on whether or not to have one for XIII. It's all about the numbers.

~DragonHeart~
    Last edited by DragonHeart; 03-03-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast