Thread: Downloadable Content for Final Fantasy XIII?

Eye in the Sky Downloadable Content for Final Fantasy XIII? Fuzz's Avatar

Post Downloadable Content for Final Fantasy XIII?

--NEWS-- September 5th, 2009

Square-Enix's usually does a good job of packing an in-depth storyline and hours of unique gameplay into their games... so how are they going to handle the XBOX 360 and PSX networks? Our imaginations run wild, but according to interviews, Square-Enix is still unclear how to manage DLC for Final Fantasy XIII.

According to Yoshinori Kitase, that when it comes to new content delivered through these online networks, "our plans are currently unclear” along with a comment “We are exploring the option of downloadable content, perhaps adding new areas, items or enemies but these would not be expansions to the story, only the gameplay. The entire story of FFXIII will be on the disc.”

Square-Enix is in no hurry to wheel this out, as their main focal point is assuring a quality initial experience for gamers. They may want to start thinking of creative ways to integrate DLC into the game though, I'm sure someone of their can think of innovative ways for SE to lift the RPG bar again.

Source: Softpedia

-----
    Fuzz
    Webmaster
    @ thefinalfantasy.net
    [email protected]

#LOCKE4GOD Downloadable Content for Final Fantasy XIII? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, sounds like it could work in the sense that they might add new areas, with new (additional) optional bosses. Though I don't see why they just can't give us plenty of that on the disc... unless... they want more money from committed fans.

Che
    Obviously they want more money from commited fans. If it's cool, I'll pay for it, if they provide it. It's a win-win for both sides, and it's totally optional.

Optional DLC character would be A++++, but that would be way too cool. New maps or bosses sounds cool, but I think the idea of exploring more of the story in some way would be even better. Maybe a new area that would answer some speculation we might have from the story?

Cobaltblu
    I am sure it will be new areas, weapons, monsters, armor...etc...you know the basic stuff which is included as DLC in games.

I want to see all of that but maybe they will include things which change how the game itself is played...like the International Zodiac System changes for FF XII.

Maybe even a limited online multiplayer system like in Fable II where you can trade items and money or even jump into someone else's FF XIII game and party up.

I would also like to see the ability to continue playing the game after it is done, I.E keep doing quests or monster hunts...after the final battle.
    Last edited by Cobaltblu; 09-06-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Che
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltblu View Post

I would also like to see the ability to continue playing the game after it is done, I.E keep doing quests or monster hunts...after the final battle.
    Same, but you don't need to have DLC for that.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As long as I feel they've packed the game out like previous Final Fantasy games, I don't mind paying for extra material for the game - if I feel the game lacked, I think I'll leave it at that and be happy with the story.

Would be pretty cool if you could take the game online like you can with Fable II, but I doubt that'll happen.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Waiting for Versus Downloadable Content for Final Fantasy XIII? angeal18's Avatar
    Extra quest could be fun. I perfer FF12 because of the openness and freedom so I dont know how they plan to make the world like that in a sense.

Death Before Dishonor Downloadable Content for Final Fantasy XIII? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Anyone have any info on 360 release date in the U.S.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!