Thread: Dahaka

Dahaka

I'm having real problems with Dahaka so I've started farming points on the 5th floor, hoping this will make my level 4 characters stronger.
    Is this a good policy or am I wasting my time.
    For instance, can I progress further on the crysto thingy without beating Dahaka?

Re: Dahaka

Quote Originally Posted by davfra View Post
    I'm having real problems with Dahaka so I've started farming points on the 5th floor, hoping this will make my level 4 characters stronger.
    Is this a good policy or am I wasting my time.
    For instance, can I progress further on the crysto thingy without beating Dahaka?
    You are most definitely NOT wasting your time.. I just had to do the same thing as I could not beat that thing until I finally maxed out the tiers on my 3 fighters.. Besides, it's a great way to accrue spoils too.. You MUST keep working on your tiers, hon, you won't advance farther in the game without raising your stats and getting new abilities.. Believe me, I've tried.. The bosses will simply stop you.. So keep grinding, get those crystals (at least all the ones on the inner rings and the abilities) before trying again.. Good luck, hon..

Blog Entries

My policy going through the game was fight everything you run across one and defeat it. Apart from the scaries in the main hub map of Gran Pulse (Behemoths and Adamantoise) I killed about 90% of the monsters in my path. The only time I had to grind was at the end of Oerba and it was only because I need a little extra because I went the wrong direction on Fang, it was very modest amount of like 50k CP I think. I don't recall Dahaka ever giving me any sort of trouble the monsters in the tower seemed more of a problem at times than him.

But I think if you're fighting everything you come across at least once then you should have enough CP that you'll be near the end of the Crystarium stages by the end of the chapter. If you haven't been fighting everything then yes, making up for it would be good to do. However, if you have been fighting everything, then it is probably just your strategy that needs to be refined and not the characters.

Reliance on Sentinel during this part of the game is a good thing since it tends to increase your survivability. There are only a few boss fights where you won't want to use Sentinel while you're healing or just to take a big hit. Do remember if you know a big attack is coming and you have the time to switch Paradigm change to Sentinel since it'll mean that you will gain a defense boost automatically even if you aren't doing anything defensive at the time. It can help to reduce those big hits to something more manageable while you recover.

Always buff and debuff though, use Libra to see what's weaknesses are just buff and debuff. It'll make the fight run a lot smoother since nearly all bosses are going to be affected by some amount of debuffs. It'll be the only FF game you play where the bosses can be hit with debuffs so take advantage of it.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

My crew were definitely underpowered. I kept going between a vampire and five gladiators for a while, and used all my cp and upgraded weapons to about level 22. Dahaka fell at the first attempt.
    He had blown my whole party away before, so I'd say I was definitely not ready for him.

Banned Dahaka

Nice.
    See? He's a bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    My policy going through the game was fight everything you run across one and defeat it. Apart from the scaries in the main hub map of Gran Pulse (Behemoths and Adamantoise) I killed about 90% of the monsters in my path. The only time I had to grind was at the end of Oerba and it was only because I need a little extra because I went the wrong direction on Fang, it was very modest amount of like 50k CP I think. I don't recall Dahaka ever giving me any sort of trouble the monsters in the tower seemed more of a problem at times than him.

But I think if you're fighting everything you come across at least once then you should have enough CP that you'll be near the end of the Crystarium stages by the end of the chapter. If you haven't been fighting everything then yes, making up for it would be good to do. However, if you have been fighting everything, then it is probably just your strategy that needs to be refined and not the characters.

Reliance on Sentinel during this part of the game is a good thing since it tends to increase your survivability. There are only a few boss fights where you won't want to use Sentinel while you're healing or just to take a big hit. Do remember if you know a big attack is coming and you have the time to switch Paradigm change to Sentinel since it'll mean that you will gain a defense boost automatically even if you aren't doing anything defensive at the time. It can help to reduce those big hits to something more manageable while you recover.

Always buff and debuff though, use Libra to see what's weaknesses are just buff and debuff. It'll make the fight run a lot smoother since nearly all bosses are going to be affected by some amount of debuffs. It'll be the only FF game you play where the bosses can be hit with debuffs so take advantage of it.
    Quite right, hon.. Learned my lesson there the second time around.. Get in too much of a hurry to see what happens with the story and don't take time to fight everything, then your in trouble.. I tell you one monster in the tower that, even with a preumpt, I could not stay alive long enough to kill and that was the huge 4 legged creature.. He wiped the floor with me even though I used Delta and Solidarity.. Bummed me out, but I'm coming back later to get him..
    Now I'm on my way to face Barthandelus for the second time.. I hope it will be a little easier now that I've topped the tiers out on all 3 of my characters.. Got all my weapons up to level 10, got my accessories up higher too..

Keep your fingers crossed for me..

Banned Dahaka

You'll be getting to that robot side-quest soon.
    You can max out quite a bit of stuff with the money you get from that.

Still gotta grind though.

A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteo x 9999HP- View Post
    You'll be getting to that robot side-quest soon.
    You can max out quite a bit of stuff with the money you get from that.

Still gotta grind though.

A lot.
    Oh, I did the quest, that's how I got the money to upgrade weapons and accessories some but I'm so dreading the upcoming fight with Barthandelous I've decided to do it tomorrow.. I hate that bastard..

Quote Originally Posted by GranFran View Post
    I hate that bastard..
    Hahaha reading that line made me laugh. He's not that bad a fighter for an old man but you can take him down, same strategy as last fight and he'll go down fast. My fav three paradigms against him: Delta Attack (COM-RAV-SEN), Mystic Tower (RAV-RAV-SEN) and Combat Clinic (MED-SEN-MED). Tri-Disaster is always good too to drive his gauge up once he's staggered then back to a commando and two ravs which is Relentless Assualt I think

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    Hahaha reading that line made me laugh. He's not that bad a fighter for an old man but you can take him down, same strategy as last fight and he'll go down fast. My fav three paradigms against him: Delta Attack (COM-RAV-SEN), Mystic Tower (RAV-RAV-SEN) and Combat Clinic (MED-SEN-MED). Tri-Disaster is always good too to drive his gauge up once he's staggered then back to a commando and two ravs which is Relentless Assualt I think
    I did it! And surprise, I did it in just under five minutes and with no dying.. Really surprised myself, he went down easier this time for sure!

Banned Dahaka

Quote Originally Posted by GranFran View Post
    I did it! And surprise, I did it in just under five minutes and with no dying.. Really surprised myself, he went down easier this time for sure!
    WOOO HOOO!

I'm happy this is the outcome, for if you struggle with everything you come across you may end up wanting to give up.
    I'm glad you are progressing!

Take my advice though, grind your butt off.For once you have done it, it's done.
    You will end up needing the extra strength and HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteo x -9999HP View Post
    WOOO HOOO!

I'm happy this is the outcome, for if you struggle with everything you come across you may end up wanting to give up.
    I'm glad you are progressing!

Take my advice though, grind your butt off.For once you have done it, it's done.
    You will end up needing the extra strength and HP.
    I just wrote about how much I hate grinding in my topic 'Re: A Little Help Here Please (Possible Spoilers)'.. I really do get so bored with grinding, back and forth, back and forth, ugh!