Thread: Chocobos.

Chocobos.

Seriously, where are they? I'm in Pulse and I haven't seen one, but everywhere I go, there are those yellow marking that only chocobos can go on. No wiki said anything about how or where to get them. I'm getting tired of walking on foot through long distances.

Re: Chocobos.

Hahaha, your username's pretty ironic for me. X3 I remember seeing the bunch of dogs hunting down a chocobo in Gran Pulse where Vanille narrates for a while first. Food. =S Anyway, I'm on Gran Pulse, too, and I haven't seen chocobos that you can use, either. I've only seen them in the scene I just mentioned, in Nautilus, and...the one in Sazh's afro. x3 But ah, I was wondering what those green circles were for; never thought about chocobos.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

The Quiet One Chocobos. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You have to completed Missions 12 to unlock the area that they are in and then complete Mission 14 which is the mission at allows you to ride chocobos. Missions 12 is a red Ce'ith Stone which left of the way that you first enter the main hub map. Go left and follow until you come to another left turn into a valley. You'll find a red barrier and red Ce'ith stone. Complete that and behind are the chocobos and then just completed Mission 14 which I think is back there.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Ooh. I thought they'd be running around Pulse and you had to catch them or something like that. But I hate running from place to place for the missions. Oh well. D:

The Quiet One Chocobos. Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well once you unlock the ability to ride chocobos they show up all around the main hub map. So you won't have to keep going back to the same location everytime if you want to ride one. Though there are also teleport stones that help out travel as well on Pulse.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

One of the few nice things about this game is, you don't have to hunt or kill Chocobos like you did in 12, which to me, was almost a sacrilege..

Let's make it rain. Chocobos. Jonathanx221's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GranFran View Post
    One of the few nice things about this game is, you don't have to hunt or kill Chocobos like you did in 12, which to me, was almost a sacrilege..
    Agreed, but the chocobos in this game are kinda... ugly. =[ Poor critters. But they're a lot of fun, you'll find yourself hunting for a ton of treasure on the backs of these guys. I loved riding them (that sounded bad...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanx221 View Post
    Agreed, but the chocobos in this game are kinda... ugly. =[ Poor critters. But they're a lot of fun, you'll find yourself hunting for a ton of treasure on the backs of these guys. I loved riding them (that sounded bad...)
    Haven't even come close to that point in the game yet, hon.. Am having so much trouble right now just getting my party to stay alive long enough to kill one monster at a time..

The Lone Dagger Chocobos. Xithor's Avatar

Sounds like you need to get some grinding in GranFran that three way battle in the Steppe is always a favorite of people. I wish chocobos would have been implemented a little more, like being able to use them elsewhere besides just in the Steppe. I also wish a moogle would have made an appearance but that's off topic....lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Xithor View Post
    Sounds like you need to get some grinding in GranFran that three way battle in the Steppe is always a favorite of people. I wish chocobos would have been implemented a little more, like being able to use them elsewhere besides just in the Steppe. I also wish a moogle would have made an appearance but that's off topic....lol
    I'm grinding like a stone wheel, hon.. I am in the tower right now.. Not doing too bad so far, still taking me a long time to win battles.. Certainly no stars after them but I'm happy just staying alive..

I did a lot of grinding in the tunnels after the Steppe and topped off my tiers in there, but still feel rather weak.. Getting better though..

Personally, I love Chocobos and Moogles.. They have always been a part of the FF franchise and it's a shame they seem to be going away from them now.. I mean, come on, killing them in FF12.. That really sucked!

At least we don't have to do that in this one, it's bad enough they created a scene where one is set upon by monsters and killed.. Sheesh.. So unnecessary and uncool on Square's part..

Finally, I'm riding lovely Chocobos! Am finding treasure sphere all over the place.. Even found and defeated my first Cactuar.. Haven't actually finished the game yet, still have Orphan to defeat but am having so much fun down on Pulse that I've put it off until I do more missions..
    The big guys ARE cute, must more so then in FF12 and digging for treasure is much easier then that awful game in FF8 or 9, where you had to find pieces of a map, if I remember correctly.. That 'digging' game was outright boring..
    Anyway, am enjoying this but am also wondering about the huge 'Iron Giant' type monster in the distance.. What is it and do we fight it someday.. Like right, one stomp from that thing and it's goodnight sweet life..
    Last edited by Andromeda; 04-26-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Double Posting Again

Lyrha

Hello all!
    About mission 14.
    I have unlocked the mission, accepted the mission, gone to the Pass of Navma, but everytime I kill the mark, I don't get my Gysahl Reins. So I went to the Internet, saw some movies that showed me that there was a cutscene where the chocobos were in a bad situation. And then when you kill the mark, you get the Gysahl Reins.
    Unfortunatly, it seems I can't get that cutscene. Therefore, I can't get the item as well.
    Anybosy as an idea about what I should do to get the cutscene? Or is my disc f'd up?

Thanks all.