Thread: Catalog Question

Cybinary

Catalog Question

Greetings, I am a new user who has been lurking quite a bit and reading everyones suggestions. So first up, thank you to everyone who has posted all the great tips and tortuis tips that have helped me so far.

I have beaten Orphan as well as most of the ceith stone missions. I have the last ten or so to finish up (the hardest ones Im guessing), just finished up the Faultwarrens last weekend. Then once I got the genjie glove from Attacus I decided to start trying to take down the tortuises legit (no death).

So I can finish the one in Eden in a little over 2 mins and the CP is flowing. Everyone's almost finished with maxing their 5th role. But I am not getting very many drops. Maybe one Igot out of every five battles, after an hour of grinding I only got one Trap.

My question is do the catalogs stack? Now that I am getting tier 3 weapons I think I can free up a few accessory slots and I am thinking maybe if I have 2-3 collectors and 2-3 conisures that the drop rate would increase. Before I spend all the hard earned money will it make a differece?

The Lone Dagger Catalog Question Xithor's Avatar

Re: Catalog Question

Yea absolutely they stack, I had at least one catalog on each of my characters when I was grinding for Trapezhedron and Platinum Ingots. I would suggest maxing those three or four catalogs out in the weapon upgrades which will give you a much better chance of having things drop from the Adamantortoises.

From my personal experience, I equipped Light with a Connoissuer Catalog which increases the rate of rare drops and Hope had 2 Survivor Catalog which increases the rate of normal drops. Both of them only take like one level to be maxed out so I did that. Turns out that I started getting more Trapezhedron's then Platinum Ingots, currently my ratio is 8 Traps : 5 Ingots which was a little frustrating since my Nirvana was already at like lvl 91 when I started getting all the Traps which simply means I blew like 1.3 million from the beginning of the game plus all those ingots to increase the weapon when I got all the Traps I needed simply from fighting the Adamantoise and winning with 5 star ratings. I'm thinking about putting another Survivor's Catalog on maybe Fang to try and get some Ingots for some money to start upgrading all my weapons.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Cybinary

Are you sure? I tried this method yesterday and no luck. The drop rate didn't increase at all.

I had one collector and one conisure catalog enquiped while farming tortoises and my usual drop rate for plats was 1 out of 2-3 battles (usually). Since the collector is said to raise the normal item drop rate I concentrated on that one. The conisure is for rare items (trap), survivor is for shrouds.

Yesterday, for about an hour, I farmed using 2 conisure and 4 collector catalogs equiped on my team. No noticable increase in drop rates of either plats or traps. And after reading a few more boards and such online it looks like the catalogs dont stack.

Really? I immediately saw a substantial increase in the drop rates of everything as I went along in every battle that I was in, not only the Adamantortoise battles but all the other battles I fought in. How fast are you taking down the Adamantortoises? You getting 5-star ratings on them because I know that getting a good rating increases the chances of getting an item even more and with catalogs and a 5 star rating it should be money in the bank.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Cybinary

Yea, five start rating every time. 2:05-2:20 each battle. I will keep trying, maybe it will kick in soon.

I really want to increase the rate since one plat out of every 2-3 fights will make this drag on a LONG time. I havn't gotten enough traps to be able to figure out the drop rate.

Cybinary

This game keeps messing with me I swear!

I played a little more and though, 'Okay, Ive got all these Catalogs. Lets give it a try again' Sure enough, almost every turtle I took down gave up a plat. I was rolling good for about an hour, that helped me upgrade almost all of my accessories. Then the well dried up... and nothing. Not sure if I got a lucky streak or if the catalogs really are stacking.

Hahaha I'm telling you that the game is weird like that, even with all the catalogs on and even though almost every other enemy in the game will drop something no matter what while you have the catalogs on the Adamantortoises are weird. They have their own settings or something bc there were times when I got them to drop something almost every single fight for about an hour or two then they would just not drop anymore. Just keep it at, it's frustrating sometimes but def worth it.

If you need more of one item equip two of the same catalogs on two different characters. Last tip I always gave my characters some equipment that protected against Earth damage in some capacity which let me attack longer bc the ground attacks didn't sting as much.

Wanna Know More:

My latest videos:
    Naruto - Way Away

Magically Delicous Catalog Question Merlin's Avatar

Having duplicates of the catalogs will not help because they do not stack with themselves. Also, upgrading them does not change their drop rates. There have been plenty of in-depth studies on this over the months to confirm this. The drop rates on Adamantortises are extremely low, so a few hours of farming can vary widely. You might get a lot or you might get none. Save yourself the slots and put useful gear in them that will help you kill the monsters faster, like strength, auto-haste, and fully upgraded earth-based rings. That will increase the rate at which you kill the monsters which will in turn increase your chances of getting drops.
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-20-2010 at 03:06 PM.