Thread: Can't Get Out

Can't Get Out

I'm in Chapter 13. I have a time gate to Edenhall to my left, and one to Vallis Media on my right.
    And there I'm stuck. Which way is progress from here? I've covered every passage way, including being attacked by suicidal motor cycles, and always end up in this spot.
    Which way is progress, please?

This ain't no place for no hero Can't Get Out Tiffany's Avatar

Re: Can't Get Out

Keep going towards the "people" who keep advancing the pathway to you. You'll pass by a Titan (I think? Similar to the Centaurs? They do that stupid Forge Blade thing) I would suggest killing it, what you get when you jump through the portal is totally worth it.

Then follow your directional arrow. You have to have those "things" advance it for you a few more times before you get to the very back of the room.

Are you talking about the sacrifices? I've killed loads of them and the velocette.

Can someone please tell me how to get out of this wretched place? I've killed the same Megrin Thresher at least half a dozen times and the velocette as well. I just seem to be going round and round in circles.
    It soooo... boring!

I want to play a game. Can't Get Out Zargabaath's Avatar

You label this thread "Can't Get Out" but you are trying to progress the game...

If you are really wanting to progress in the game (i.e., story) then you are not supposed to leave Orphan's Cradle. There should be a marker on the full-screen map telling you where to go. As for the exact location I can't remember but refer to the map in-game and explore; there are different levels so you may have not been at the right one. This game doesn't have a lot of exploring to do in a vast majority of the chapters, however, this game is still an RPG - use your RPG sense of direction.

Edit: If you are really trying to leave this place then go to either the Edenhall Gate or the Vallis Media Gate. At each one, you shall see the confirm button pop up to activate the gate.
    Last edited by Zargabaath; 04-24-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

GranFran Can't Get Out GranFran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    You label this thread "Can't Get Out" but you are trying to progress the game...

If you are really wanting to progress in the game (i.e., story) then you are not supposed to leave Orphan's Cradle. There should be a marker on the full-screen map telling you where to go. As for the exact location I can't remember but refer to the map in-game and explore; there are different levels so you may have not been at the right one. This game doesn't have a lot of exploring to do in a vast majority of the chapters, however, this game is still an RPG - use your RPG sense of direction.

Edit: If you are really trying to leave this place then go to either the Edenhall Gate or the Vallis Media Gate. At each one, you shall see the confirm button pop up to activate the gate.
    I think he's trying to tell us he can't figure the way to Orphan.. He doesn't want to go back to Edenhall or down to Pulse, but wants to finish the story and kill Orphan.. I think..
    I don't know myself, I took a side trip down to the planet to do a few missions and then I'll go back up and finish the story..

"You label this thread "Can't Get Out" but you are trying to progress the game..."

Sorry, I thought I made myself clear in my original post. I'm at the junction with the two time warp doors to Edenhall etc. From there I've been going round and round in circles killing the same monsters time after time without making any progress at all. I want to finish the game, but at the moment i can't see how I'm supposed to progress.

Let's make it rain. Can't Get Out Jonathanx221's Avatar

Watch this, if this isn't the right spot, then find another one... that video should really help. The same guy did an entire walkthrough for that place, but cut into about 14 videos, I think the one I chose is the right one, I could be wrong.

GranFran Can't Get Out GranFran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davfra View Post
    "You label this thread "Can't Get Out" but you are trying to progress the game..."

Sorry, I thought I made myself clear in my original post. I'm at the junction with the two time warp doors to Edenhall etc. From there I've been going round and round in circles killing the same monsters time after time without making any progress at all. I want to finish the game, but at the moment i can't see how I'm supposed to progress.
    Go back to the center spot with the two warp doors on either side of you.. Proceed straight up the path.. Follow the little yellow arrow on the edge of the map, it will take you forward.. Just basically, after all it said and done, you want to simply keep going north.. Hope that helps, hon.. I spend the entire day making my way up through the Cradle and am just about ready to face Barthandelus for the final time.. Yea!

Thanks everyone, I got there in the end, but if I had to do it again, I'm still not sure I would know which way to go!
    It was very confusing. I think basically you just keep going round and round until other bits became available.
    The trouble is, if you don't know that, you think you're wasting your time.