Thread: A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game

The British Guy. A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game

I just wanted to see who did the game in the fastest time really just out of curiousity to see if my time was good or bad. Id like it if other people put there game times on this thread. Thanks in advance.

My game time was: 48 hours, 0 minutes and 55 seconds
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Re: A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game

I have never played this game yet due to not owning a PS3 or 360 but I bet I could beat this game in less then 40 hours.

Edited way later....

ON MY FIRST PLAYTHRU.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-14-2010 at 03:16 AM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

黒い翼の天使 A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game yuki's Avatar

waa thats type of fast i realy didnt finish the game yet but ithink you didnt complete
    much trophies
    i reached the final boss within 86 hours im slow but ididnt finish the game so i restsrted
    the game for a silly reason and now im at chapter 5 with 26 hours lol

The British Guy. A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have actually unlocked a lot of Achievements (Xbox 360) and all of the gamer pics apart from Snow's and Fang's most of the Achievements are story related though. The others are secret Achievements so i didnt have a clue where to go and what to do.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

Mine was about 51 hours, 48 minutes, and a few seconds. (I spent a good 8 hours grinding on gran pulse for chapter 11, and chapter 13.)

Loaf, I have my doubts that you can beat it in under 40 hours. Ill need picture proof once you beat Orphan.

Edit: Yuki, chapter 5 with 26 hours? Thats terrible. I think I was on chapter 9 with that time.
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy XIII (Second Run)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    Battlefield Bad Company

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I have never played this game yet due to not owning a PS3 or 360 but I bet I could beat this game in less then 40 hours.

Edited way later....

ON MY FIRST PLAYTHRU.
    I really hope that you can do this but i think it might be impossible the only extra things i did away from the main storyline were extra fights for the crystarium repeatedly and searing for items for weapon upgrades, ooh and a few side quests.

If you do it you should upload a picture of your game time
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

黒い翼の天使 A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game yuki's Avatar

Edit: Yuki, chapter 5 with 26 hours? Thats terrible. I think I was on chapter 9 with that time.
    lol i know hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    im realy bad i play the game fairly enguh but im making it long so that i wont get board coz iwont play any other ps3 game exapt versus so im more than taking my time lol

and i RESTARTED THE GAME note that ive been playn it since it came out and still didnt see the ending bad luck i call it even though i reached orphen .sob.sob. T_T

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    lol i know hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    im realy bad i play the game fairly enguh but im making it long so that i wont get board coz iwont play any other ps3 game exapt versus so im more than taking my time lol

and i RESTARTED THE GAME note that ive been playn it since it came out and still didnt see the ending bad luck i call it even though i reached orphen .sob.sob. T_T
    The ending is Magical its really something to look forward too and why not buy FFXIV if you have the moneys because that game wont have an ending for a long time and you can take as long as you like on it

Yayy quite proud of my time now can you all see my pride beaming?
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

Yayy quite proud of my time now can you all see my pride beaming?
    yeah yeah i see it clearly im waring sun glasses to not hurt my eye and for FFXIV im planin to get it (starting to add it to the game budget lol)

hahahaaaaaaa
    i chalang you in this i slept while fighting orphen the first time (befor i restarted the game haha) for 15 minutes beat that lol

The Quiet One A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I reached the final boss at around 42 hours. I checked my save file, but since I've already save over my other save file from after beating him I can't really say much more than that. But I've already completed the 100% pass for the game a while back, which was probably around 100 hours, but there was a lot of paused time in there where the clock kept going. I suspect that there was paused time in there during the playthrough I had as well.

But if I just run and gun the game, I'd imagine it would be easy enough to speed run it in like a 24 hour period.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I reached the final boss at around 42 hours. I checked my save file, but since I've already save over my other save file from after beating him I can't really say much more than that. But I've already completed the 100% pass for the game a while back, which was probably around 100 hours, but there was a lot of paused time in there where the clock kept going. I suspect that there was paused time in there during the playthrough I had as well.

But if I just run and gun the game, I'd imagine it would be easy enough to speed run it in like a 24 hour period.
    I really didnt spend much time in the game with it paused because i usually press the Xbox button rather than pause which i think stops the clock? Also i was thinking more minimum time for beating the game would be around 36 hours or something in that area because of the crystarium and having enough strength to defeat the last boss.

EDIT: Sorry Yuki i didnt see your post but i think i took around 25 minutes to defeat Orphan although i have it saved just before that battle so i take your challenge .
    Last edited by Robbo; 08-14-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

The Quiet One A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Microsoft and Sony have different standards for how things work. It's typically the case that I believe 360 games will pause with the guideblade is pulled up, but it is typically the case that PS3 games will not pause with the XMB pulled up. Whether or not the game actually pauses because of that I don't know. I tend to do that sometimes as well thinking it'll pause, but often the game continues to run it just won't proceed to a new action.

Beating the game though is less about having so much completed in your crystarium and more about having the right strategy. So you can beat the game with a lot less than seems required. And since you don't get exp for kills in the first chapter or two until you get marked. There's not really a lot of a point to fighting everything you find unless you want the items. Which upgrading is not really a huge deal since you can get by with other things and very modest upgrading.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Blog Entries

I did spent a few hours looking for items i was trying to achieve ultimate Weapon for Lightning and with the correct Transformational catalyst i can but i have no idea where to find it so that the main thing i was looking for although i usually never leave a stone unturned for items. Since playing a few RE i always do it now though still even without all my dilly dally shilly shallying i doubt i could trim the fat to get the game down to 24 hours i would like to see it though.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Melibooyah says:

The Lone Dagger A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game Xithor's Avatar

I beat this game in prob 43 hours or so in my first play through but I am now well into like hour 87 of my game just running around upgrading my equipment and farming those Adamantortoises and still having a good time.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Let darkness overshadow the light.. A bit of Friendly competition for those whove beaten the game Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I got to the last boss at 41 hours but I couldn't beat him at all...o.o

He whooped me so badly, and barthandelous casted doom on me, killing me the first time.

It wasn't untill 74 huors that I tried him again

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...