Thread: The Archylte Steppe

The Archylte Steppe

How do I get from the Archyite Steppe fromYaschas Massif, pleas.

Tsuna Feesh The Archylte Steppe Fate's Avatar

Re: The Archylte Steppe

You know the entrance that takes you to the Steppe in the first place? Go back there again until you get to the place where you fought Hope obtained Alexander. Form that area, view your map; there should be a fork that you haven't taken yet. Take that fork, keep walking, and you should reach a screen you haven't reached yet: this is the Yaschas Massif.

::EDIT:: At least, that's how I remember it. ^_^"

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

I'm at the Valis Media base camp. I came through the teleport. Is this where you mean?

I sussed that one out , thank you.

From the ruins of Zanarkand The Archylte Steppe Yuna's Avatar

Guys, somehow I hate this place...ok you can find all the type of enemies, and this is fine for your party...but god, it's immense !!! I want a chocobo, now, I don't like to wait for this one !!!

"Guys, somehow I hate this place...ok you can find all the type of enemies, and this is fine for your party...but god, it's immense !!! I want a chocobo, now, I don't like to wait for this one !!!"

I'm with you all the way! I kept getting lost until I realised the map turns when you turn. I was waiting to switch off and go to bed one night and I couldn't get to a save point. I had a very late night. I did enjoy knocking over those big elephant things though. But you only get about a thousand more than killing those pesky penquins.
    I hate the place.

Ah yeah...it is incredible how those penguins can ruins all your fight just summoning the big bird that looks like Valefor...

The calm lands where pretty similar, but Yuna could find also a temple, not just green grass all over =(

The Lone Dagger The Archylte Steppe Xithor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davfra View Post
    "Guys, somehow I hate this place...ok you can find all the type of enemies, and this is fine for your party...but god, it's immense !!! I want a chocobo, now, I don't like to wait for this one !!!"

I'm with you all the way! I kept getting lost until I realised the map turns when you turn. I was waiting to switch off and go to bed one night and I couldn't get to a save point. I had a very late night. I did enjoy knocking over those big elephant things though. But you only get about a thousand more than killing those pesky penquins.
    I hate the place.
    When I was trying to navigate that place and I realized that the map kept on turning around every time that you turned reoriented itself it was quite frustrating but now I can navigate it fairly well just by eye balling it. You def gotta try to get those chocobos ASAP, I know it's one of the Cieth missions, I wanna say like 9 or so and you'll unlock Chocobos all over the Steppe.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

How do you feel about the Cieth Missions ? You know, it's pretty strange to see all those weird statues all over the steppe, but the main problem is that all the missions are pretty the same.

Maybe this is one of the big problem of XIII episode: you have to goin' around, in circle, and doing the same thing again and again...I was expecting something like hidden location, hidden situation or new characters (not for the party itself, just someone who can be part of the story)...but nothing...

The Lone Dagger The Archylte Steppe Xithor's Avatar

No the Cieth missions are all pretty much almost like the hunts in FF XII, pretty much just run around not only the Steppe but everywhere else looking for the stones, take on the mission, and then go kill some monster. I really enjoyed all the hunts in FF XII so I actually took a liking to them but some of them are quite difficult without trying to land a lucky Death spell. I still haven't beaten Yiazmat in XII...got him about half way down though haha

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

uhm...I remember the XII chapter, I don't like pretty much the story, but locations were fine and I was very pleased about the chance to going around everytime you want...and this is important for your character level too.

That's why I feel a big difference between the XII and the XIII: for the second one, you have to follow a linear story who can't let you move like you wish. Except for the few enemies you can find up and down when you have to reach for a place, the steppe is the only real location where all the characters level up with spherografy (let me use this word, please). Those are the big battles before the final chapter.

FF XII is different: you can decide when you want to level up just leaving the city and make a tour in every different location, and then you can accomplished every mission you want.

So maybe that's the reason why the steppe looks so boring: you have to recover all the time you waste in the first part of the story, so you have to do always the same thing about monster, in a way pretty more difficult

One thing that did impress me was the conversation between Szasch and Fang. The ending gave no real indication that anything had happened. Everything went on as though nothing had happened.
    And then, at the Font of Namva, Fang apologises to Szasch for causing the problem in the first place.
    This at least cleared away the imprssion that I was just going round and round.