Thread: Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII

The Quiet One Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII

Checking IGN just now I came across an article for FF Versus XIII where Nomura confirms today that there are going to be airship that you can fly on an overworld map. So how many fans are jumping out of their chairs right now?

During the interview, Nomura made one mention of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Asked to list a percentage completion for the game, he said, "Not everything is connected together, so the various areas have different levels of progress. However, you can fly across the world map in an air ship."
    The above is taken from the IGN article that talked about it. And apparently earlier in the year they were talking about how they were working on getting Noctis to run around on the overworld map.

We're going back to the FFIX and earlier with overworld maps returning to a FF game. I've been dying to pilot an airship in a new prettified FF game.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Registered User Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII

Re: Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII

I remember a while back that Nomura was just hinting that there may be flyable airships in FFvXIII, but he never really confirmed whether there would be or not, which was kind of aggravating for me. Sometimes I wish that developers would give definite answers about stuff like that, but I suppose they don't want to get the player's hopes up if something doesn't wind up happening in a game. I'm glad that there's finally confirmation that we can fly airships around though.

*does happy dance*

Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

.............. Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII smurphy's Avatar

Im doing somersaults at that news. It should be interesting how they implement a world map into a current gen game. Tales of Vesperia done it but it wasnt very current gen. Maybe its a good thing that the Kingdom Hearts team is doing Versus XIII as they seem to have more respect for the traditions of the series. I just hope the world map and airship look as stunning as what I have seen so far.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

SeeD Instructor Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII theblackmonster's Avatar

i am extremely excited bout this, i read the interview and it can only mean promising things not only for VERSUS but for everything else they are going to put out.

this makes me think, what kind of game will FFvXIII really be?

im very interested in seeing some game-play footage.

I want to play a game. Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Zargabaath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    So how many fans are jumping out of their chairs right now?
    I'm not.

Not that I hate world-maps and the ability to manually pilot the airship, I just go with the flow of the game. I too am interested in how the world map will turn out, but I don't expect it to be anything amazing (graphically, not that, that matters). If it is great looking all the more power to it. In the end I just want the game [FF Versus XIII], FF Agito XIII and some new info on FF Haeresis XIII - that last title was patented (2006/2007) and nothing else has been released.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I feel epic... Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Checking IGN just now I came across an article for FF Versus XIII where Nomura confirms today that there are going to be airship that you can fly on an overworld map. So how many fans are jumping out of their chairs right now?
    I'm currently in orbit, I jumped so high.

Overworlds should never have gone away in the first place. Its how we really come to appreciate the worlds we play in. True, our characters are twice the size of the largest city in the land on the world map, but that's half the fun. I've been dying to ride in 3-D since FFVI (to an extent.) And if the KH team is behind this, the game will undoubtedly be a fun game, too.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

We're going back to the FFIX and earlier with overworld maps returning to a FF game. I've been dying to pilot an airship in a new prettified FF game.
    That's great news! That's something that's really disappointed me with the latest FF games. Can't wait to do that for Versus.

Like I said before, with the KH team working on Versus, I'm expecting a solid, fun, title. Come on Nomura, don't let me down!

Our Hopes and Expectations Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Ernest's Avatar

Ironic that the KH team would bring back one of the most traditional Final Fantasy mechanics. Personally I don't care about their changes, but Im interested in the fact that the KH team ARE trying to make changes.

Hope that makes sense...
    ____Ernest

Let's make it rain. Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Jonathanx221's Avatar

I'm very excited about this... Final Fantasy 13 can tie me down until that game is released, if I get bored of it good thing I have all the other ones to play again. =]

Registered User Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Kaiden's Avatar

Sounds amazing, Now if he came out and said they somehow meshed the best of KH's and Dissidia's "battle system" (couldn't think of a better term) I would be jumping with joy.

Airship + Overworld = FFvXIII Gaara's Avatar

Awesome news
    Now if they add a decent combat/boss theme and victory fanfare, that'll lift it even higher
    Can't say FF XIII impressed in that regard