Thread: Suggestions

Suggestions

I have been talking about it for ages and I have finally decided to do something about it. This area of the forum has been slow over the course of the last year and I am wanting to revamp the area a little.

I have my ideas of what I would like to do with it but I want your opinions also. There is alot that can be done with this area of the forum and I think that there is still alot of fun to be had here.

One idea I had was to compile the ultimate TFF family tree, which would start off in a heirarcy with the forum staff starting with fuzz, then the admins, then smods, then mods and branching out to the regular TFF members. Key word is regular in that last sentance. There would be a set requirement to actually gain a position on the tree.

There is alot more that I have thought about but I don't want to throw it out there and make this kind of biased, I want good and honest ideas. Spam ideas will be met with a warning so keep it legit.

Thoughts?
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Suggestions

Does this mean I should start calling Fuzz 'Daddy'?
    victoria aut mors

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Does this mean I should start calling Fuzz 'Daddy'?
    If Fuzz is daddy, who's mummy?

How would the family tree work? I mean, I guess the families we've already made in our signatures are already pretty void (I have two brothers, but one of them is the others father lmao), but would that change those? Also, would we get to pick who we're directly 'related' to on the family tree?

The first question is probably a really stupid question because this all meant to be a bit of fun. I think it's a good idea.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Everyone restarts families. Everyone is up for grabs, pick your mate, PICK YOUR MATE!

I'm not sure Meier, it might be confusing trying to get everything together or organized. New members come every now and then, gotta keep updating and updating.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Basiclly there would not a direct link between Fuzz and a "spouce" he would be the top and it would branch out from there. I guess that would make fuzz a pimp. Since there is probably an odd number of males VS females I was thinking of letting the oldest members of the forum fill up the missing slots with the staff. From the staff down it would be up for grabs and the members would be able to select what branch they wish to be placed under.

Also like I said there would be a time / post restriction that would prohibit people under a certain level from gaining a position on the tree. As pointed out in a prior post, there are to many new people here and the tree would go nuts if I tried to keep adding every new person that was here for a day, asked to be added and then left the site.

I was thinking that the family tree would be independant from peoples TFF families. That way there could still be fun to be had with making your own family even though it would be a little confusing to someone that doesn't know that the two are seperate entities.

As for a fresh start and wiping all previous familys away, the thought crossed my mind more then once actually. Then I figure if someone wants a fresh start they can always just make a new thread.

I was also thinking about a disowning thread, so that if someone wanted to make a new family they could disown the one they already have. It would be kind of funny but some might take it offensivly so I would have to put some more thought into that thread so that people don't get butt hurt.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries

I call Ally

It's a good idea though, making things as legit as possible. But Loaf does have a good point; we do have lots of rotating members and people who take their breaks and extended leaves.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Gingersnap Suggestions OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Our babies would be SUPERHUMANS.

The idea sounds like a lot of fun, and a lot of work for you, Meier. But if you're pumped about it, I'm pumped about it. Are you thinking pretty strict requirements, or something more flexible for members who are an exception to the usual rules?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

It will be a pretty leniant number and date and if I feel someone is an exception to the rule I will get a second opinion for verification before adding. Realy when I get the top of the tree lined out the bottom should (hopefully) fall into place as people would be able to just request which of the "parents" they would like to have.

Now as for formating, that is going to be the tricky part. Not sure what format I would want to use to make up the heierarcy. I was thinking text at first but then the idea of taking names and avi's and making one combined picture. Of course I would have to spend a little more time on it if I decide to go that route.

Really the hardest part will be pairing the staff members up haha. Have to get everyone to decide on whom they want to "be with". I might have to make a thread in the staff forum for this so that it can be a suprise when and if I get it up and running haha.

If anyone has more ideas what to do with TFF families section feel free to post them.

:edit: Pete I was thinking of pairing you up with Loco, seeing you were an admin at one point or another GWAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA
    Last edited by Meier Link; 04-16-2010 at 09:08 AM.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Blog Entries

Hahaha, it can be one of those situations where Ally's the mom and they can choose Cesar or myself for the dad.

A real Springer family tree
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers