Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency

The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency

Welcome to the TFF Adoption Agency!

As a Noobie you might be feeling lost, hopeless, friendless, unwanted, and / or just a little confused about what to do in such a forum as The Final Fantasy (TFF). Never fear though! We here at TFF would like to extend you a helping hand by providing you with a mentoring program.

We take pride in the fact that we are a close knit community not only with long standing members but outstanding members all together.

In this program you will have the chance to be paired up with one of our more experienced members to aid you in your times of noobishness. The intention of this program is to help you to become accustomed to the TFF way of life.

This program is set up to start with you being a “TFF Noobie” (yes that is the official title you start with) and you will graduate when you achieve the title of “Black Mage” or a total of 2 months have elapsed, which ever is the later of the two. Yes that means you have 100 posts or a time limit until you are removed from the program, unless you show great accomplishment or if you are still lacking by your 100th post / 2nd month. Keep in mind you can opt out of the program at any time and it is not mandatory to participate.

Inactive users (adoptees) will be moved to a separate list after 30 days of inactivity and at 60 days of inactivity their name will be removed completely from the adoption thread.

We here at TFF encourage you to take advantage of this program if you are thinking in any way that this could benefit you.

A note to adoptees:

There are some simple requirements that need to be filled so we can place you with some one we find similar in nature. If you have a specific member you would want as an Adopter, please feel free to make a request. If you are unsure on whom you want to be your mentor post here telling us a few things about yourself and we will try and assign you with some one that we feel you will be compatible with.

As of right now I have placed a 2 adoptees per adopter rule in effect for the time being. If need be I can grant a special pass on this rule if you find someone that you are sure you will be a good combination with. At anytime this rule could be deleted and the Adopters could be allowed to adopt more.

An overview of our Adopters:

Azuteor
    Favorite FF: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
    Interests: Anime/Manga, Drawing, Video Games
    Misc. Information: Laid-back, calm, quiet, and kind.
    Active: YES

Currently overseeing: none

DragonHeart
    Favorite Final Fantasy: IX and XII
    Interests: Reading, writing, RPGs, the fantasy genre.
    Misc. Information: Dragon is quiet and laid back most of the time. She's easy to get along with though she's not the most talkative person around, being a lurker by nature.
    Active: ???

Freya
    Favorite Final Fantasy: Final Fantasy VI, IX and XII
    Favorite FF-characters: Edgar (VI), Auron (X), Basch (XII)
    Interests: Reading books, writing stories (scifi, steampunk, fantasy), gaming, anime/manga, cosplay, playing bass-guitar
    General information: Freya is a rather silent person, but can be very talkative when it comes to maths. She's always willing to help someone when he/she has problems and tries her best to satisfy everyone.
    The most important things in her life are her family and friends - and she can't wait to work as a teacher, but still has to finish her studies.

Josh R
    Favorite FF: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactic, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    Interests: video gaming, sports, FF of course, and anime
    Misc. Information: He is easy going and easy to get along with. He is also a Marine who enjoys FF games and anime and nerdy things of that sort...

Currently overseeing: None

Judge Magistrate
    Favorite FF:All of them, but my particular favorite is FFXIII
    Interests: Drawing, singing, playing FF, working out
    Misc:Friendly, calm, always willing to help, supportive. I love to read, anything fantasy, sci fi, action, I love it. I'm there for anything that anyone wants to talk about, I'm a good listener.

Kurt Zisa
    Favourite FF: III, VII, XII in no order. They're all really fun games to play.
    Interests: Gaming (Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Tekken), Reading Comics and Crime/Detective novels, Music is quite a big thing in my life, especially older Metal/Rock.
    Misc Info: I'm a Computer Science student and one of a few New Zealanders on this site. I'm a happy go lucky kinda guy, there's not much that can get me down. I love to meet new people and talk, although I generaly end up listening. I'm always wanting to help others out, so if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them. There's probably more but I forgot. You'll just have to choose me as your adopter and I'll tell you.

Martin
    Favourite FF: For sheer fun and ease of playability VIII. Then XIII.
    Interests: Reading, gaming, travelling, history and politics, animal welfare (not activism), stand-up comedy.
    Misc info: From what I'm told I'm a fairly easy to get along with person, who likes to talk and finds common ground quickly. I'm open to new ideas, and I love talking to new potential friends. I've been on the forums for a long time and often post in the welcome threads as I believe in helping new members establish themselves on here - and I know most if not all the older guard so I believe I can help in making connections.

Meier Link
    Favorite FF: FFIV and FFVI
    Interests: Art, Family, Anime, Paintball, and Beer
    Misc. Information: Meier is a person that is dedicated to his family. He tends to be an optimist and a pessimist at the same time. He tries to be kind and courteous to everyone and expects the same in return.

Michael Swayne
    Favorite FF: All of them (naturally), but IX is my favorite
    Misc. Information: A writer by nature, Michael has a long vocabulary and likes to use it. Whether it is in his blog here on TFF or the gaming/news blog he maintains, he makes full use of his three languages. And he's always willing to lend an ear, no matter what the problem. When he isn't playing video games, or writing about video games, he is out on his bicycle...provided it doesn't have something broken on it.

OceanEyes28
    Favorite FF: Probably IX
    Interests: Music, performing arts, reading, humor, tea, canines (the animal, not the teeth), fitness, nutrition.
    Misc. Information: Ocean loves humor and is happiest on the forum when she can joke around. She is open minded, socially liberal, and direct. And while dirty words aren't the main course, they do spice up her vocabulary. Overall, she is polite and well-meaning.

Pete
    Favorite FF: VI, VII and IV
    Interests: baseball, football, beer, relaxing, working out, gaming
    Misc. Information: Pretty laid back and relaxed. I like to take each day as it comes and try to make the most out of everything. I'm also more or less an open book. If you ask me a question, you'll get an honest an open answer.
    Active: You betcha (meaning YES )

RamesesII
    Favorite FF: So far his favorite was FF7 purely because of the story behind it and the twist and the gameplay, fighting system, materia etc were
    outstanding.
    Interests: Is very laid back and an easy going person so my interest and hobbies reflect my personality.
    Rameses II is a big fan of Fishing, Reading, Gaming, Plants and Gardening, Movies; these are his basic interests and can easily tell tales and chat forever about them but talk to him and you will also find he has plenty of other interests he likes to indulge in.
    Misc. Information: Rameses is a laid back kind of guy; he takes life as it comes a cross the bridge when he gets to it. He is easy to get along with and not easily antagonized or angered. He is talkative at times and quiet and introverted at other times.
    He is one of a few members on this forum that raise a family which has helped me be responsible and dedicated to what i put my mind to.

His three biggest passions besides his family and work are his love of swords and knives, Ancient Egypt and Martial arts and he is quite happy to babble on for ages about them.

Rocky
    Favorite FF: FF4. (He enjoys all the FF games but he prefers the ones that range from the Super Nintendo to the Playstation era)
    Interests: girls, music, parties, videogames, college, playing sports, camping, poker.
    Misc. Information: Rocky is a laid-back and chill person, both in real life and on TFF. As one of the co-founders of the Crao Porr Cock8, Rocky and his fellow frat members taken steps to increase the quality of TFF, which in turn would make Rocky a great mentor, as Rocky has a lot of knowledge on not only following rules and posting properly, but also Rocky can teach people how to express themselves more openly and clearly as well. Rocky is also a good listener and would be glad to hear out the adoptee's fellow concerns. Choose Rocky not only to become a better member at TFF, but a better member at life!

Robbo
    Favorite FF: VIII
    Interests: My interests include playing guitar, beer, music in general, I'm in college studying Philosophy and Religion, IT, Film Studies
    Misc. Information: Likes most kinds of comedy, open minded, cheerful, thinks nothing is more helpful than a good night out.
    Active: NO (currently inactive)

Treize
    Favorite FF: Tactics / VIII (Very difficult to decide and changes occasionally...)
    Intrests: Reading, Anime/Manga, Videogames (Mainly RPGs)
    Misc. Information: Treize is pretty friendly and easy to get along with, but may not be the most talkative person.

Unknown Entity
    Favorite FF: All the ones she has played (but might not have completed): FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFVII, DC, CC, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, X-2, FFXII, FFXIII, FFT: WOTL.
    Interests: Playing computer games (Playstation), reading, writing, web browsing and learning new things.
    Misc. Information: Unknown Entity is usually a really friendly person, and someone you can easily get along on with. She bites quite hard when in a bad mood, but rarely means harm. She's quiet, but opens up quickly.

ViviMasterMage
    Kyle
    Favorite FF: Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy V
    Interests: Video Games, Music, Photoshoping and Talking.
    Misc. Information: Kyle/Vivi is a relaxed but talkative person. He has a good, crazy sense of humour and strives to make people happy and laughing. He's also very easy to get along with, and you'll know him quick because he always has his different stories to tell.

Waiting list

Inactive Adpotees - soon to be removed from the system: Hot Shot

Current Members who have graduated from the program: Hero without a name

A note to everyone:

To help keep things organized I will be removing all completed requests 48 hours after they have received the proper approvals. If there is an issue I will leave the post until the issue has been resolved. So if you have made a request and don’t check back on the forum until after that 48 hour period make sure to check out the “currently overseeing” of each of our adopters to see if your name shows up there.

A note to the Adpotees:

Once you have been adopted feel free to contact your adopter via our Visitor Message (VM) or Private Message (PM) systems if they don’t contact you first. You can access both by clicking the appropriate hyperlink above.

If by chance there is an issue with anything or if you are having trouble contacting you mentor, feel free to send me a VM, PM, or post here and I will be glad to aid you. Keep in mind though that we are a world wide community so sometimes it might take a few hours to a day for a proper response.

If you need immediate support please feel free to check out our “How do I” Questions forum; located here: 'How Do I' Questions - The Final Fantasy Forums
    Last edited by Freya; 01-13-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Woooo, after long talking about it, I have finally completed the update to the Adoption Agency. It took a little longer then antisipated but over all I think the final result is alot more user friendly then the original that I posted last year.

As you might notice there have been a few changes.

I have removed most of the old lists and changed them over and included them into the users bios.

There is now a section to recognize members that have completed the program.

Somoe of the time limitations have changed, note the difference.

I had intended on using a Banner made by Trieze, http://i47.tinypic.com/11bu4y9.png , but I forgot that IMG tags do not work in this area of the forum. I am glad that he made it though and it looks wonderful. Please check it out seeing he put the time and effort into making this for us.

Also you might notice that all of the old posts are gone, yes gone. I will keep a better handle on this and will continue to delete posts after 48 hours after approvals. This helps keep things to one page and helps to clear up the clutter. Point to note, there was 6 pages I went through and deleted.

Also if you are currently protisipating on either side of this program, please check your current information and make sure it is correct. Also might want double check your hyperlink and make sure they are all working for you. If there is ANYTHING you would like to have changed feel free to PM / VM me and I will make the changes as soon as possible.

Also I would once again like to give my thanks out to Sheena in her efforts of cleaning up the adotpee / adopter list. It is greatly appriciated.

If anyone expiriances issues please let me know ASAP so I can fix them.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Registered User The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Tidus235's Avatar

Re: The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency

where do i sign

Go with me, Exkaizer~ The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus235 View Post
    where do i sign
    Read before you post.

If you want an adopter, you need to post who you want from the list in the first post, or you need to post something about yourself, so that Meier can match you up with the best person.

Edit: Never mind. I guess I'll volunteer to adopt you since we've been talking a little.
    Last edited by Treize; 01-04-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Registered User The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Tidus235's Avatar

where r the paper i want to sign right now

Gingersnap The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No paper, all digital.

I hope you are not a troll. Good luck at TFF. Looks like Treize is going to try and help you out.

So you're all set. Signed, sealed, delivered.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

walteroloco

Hey, I'm new to forums, usually stick to imageboards. So I'd like to take part in this adoption program. I have no idea who to choose from the adopter's list so here's something about myself so that I can get paired up. I am very easygoing, I like to stick to logic and reason, I never troll and take pretty much everything said to the brain and think about it. I'm not really into manga or anime, I find all the pictures in a manga distracting from the story, so I prefer to read a book with no pictures haha. My imagination takes care of the picture part and I find it funner like that. I like the stories of Final fantasies and the connection you make to the characters. Something that's hard to do with real people nowadays with facebook taking care of communication. I hope whoever reads this gets a feel for me, thanks.

Treize and Tidus, it is official.

Now for Walter. I am going to pair you up with Pete. I could tell you why I have made this pairing but I think you will figure it out on your own.

United, we move as one

My awards:

walteroloco

Hey so what do I do now?

The British Guy. The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wasn't sure about posting this cause in comparison with most of you guys my post count is quite low. but could i be an Adopter?
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Memento Rhapso The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Same here broham. I applied forever ago, and even got a newb, but I think it died...
    Anywho, if I need to resend any info to be back on the adopter list just say so

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Don't mock me! I have a big stick! The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Magi of Worlds's Avatar

Hey Meier! I know this isn't the place to chat so I'm going to apologise up front and hope you will remember that. I was hoping you could send some new newbies/ adoptees my way if you wouldn't mind. As you can probably see, my most recent one is more or less ready. Yes, I could really dote on EvT if he was on. Anyway, that's all I wanted. Thanks!

-Magi
    Last edited by Magi of Worlds; 01-10-2011 at 09:22 PM.

This sounds fun. Please give me a family
    I'll be good! Someone please adopt me... if
    this agency is still running, heh.

Just kind of there. The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll adopt the Moogle into my family.
    I've never had a pet Moogle before.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Calvan; 02-10-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

Calvan you have to be one of our official TFF adopters to adopt a new member through the agency.

If you want you can start a thread in the TFF family forum requesting for a family here on the boards.

As for Moogle. Yes the agency is still up and running. Please check out the first post and pick someone from our list of adopters or you can post a little about yourself and I can pick someone for you.

United, we move as one

My awards:

TooQuiet

Heya! I'm not new to posting in forums, I'm usually not very talkative at first but I'll relax more after I get used to it.
    Umm, info, I'm quiet and usually I wont talk to you unless you talk to me first (yeah I'm shy even over the Internet ). I do a lot of art, like watercolor paintings and such. I also like reading even thought I don't do much of it. I'm not really into manga or anime yeah I've watched/read some but I'm not hugely into it. I'm not sure what else to say if you want more info ask me.

I am going to go ahead and hand you of to Gemma AKA Unknown Entity. She is good about being friendly and bringing newer members out of their shells. Feel free to send her a VM / PM and let her know who you are!

:: Directed at moogle :: if you are still interested let me know.

United, we move as one

My awards:

After a brief PM I am glad to announce that Unknown entity has officially adopted Starfighter. I think this is a good pairing.

Now to the flip side of things. Ann has been removed from the list of active adopters seeing that she is no longer active.

Also the adoptee lists have been revised and up to date, which is sad because there are very few names left.

United, we move as one

My awards:

Registered User The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As an update, I'd be willing to take on some one who needs assistance. Plus I'm 17...

I have internet at home now so I'll be on at least once a day and I think I'll be able to help more people.
    Just checking in, to make sure I'm not put on the Notorios "Adopter Chopping Block".

Now you're officially 17... at least in the first post.

Meier or I will tell you when someone needs you as an adopter. Currently there's no one waiting, but I'll think of you first when someone needs an adopter. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Registered User The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tee-hee, Much obliged bubbles.

Is there a way "we the adopters" can change our profiles? I'd kinda like to re-vamp mine.

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    Is there a way "we the adopters" can change our profiles? I'd kinda like to re-vamp mine.
    Gosh, already four days... sorry I haven't been around this week, I wasn't able to come to TFF. (I don't really get why TFF isn't working at my boyfriend's place... :/ )

So here's the answer to your question, FINALLY: Just tell me what you'd like to change. Or fill in the profile again and send it to me. I'll edit the first post then. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I'm like a sexy female Darth Vader The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency motscroises's Avatar

I would love to have a guardian!

Quote Originally Posted by motscroises View Post
    I would love to have a guardian!
    And I'd love to help you find one.
    But I'd really like to find an adopter for you with whom you can talk quite a lot. So would you mind telling me a bit about you?
    Like, for example: Your favorite FF, hobbies, age (if you like!), ...

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I'm like a sexy female Darth Vader The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency motscroises's Avatar

I'm 21 years old and a psychology student. I'm an understanding person and I don't get mad easily. My favorite things are; Auron, Jurassic Park, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and film. I like to have fun, I don't take things to heart.

Okay, I've decided to pair you up with OceanEyes28. I already left a VM in her profile to let her know.
    If you have any questions concerning the forum, she'll be able to help you.
    I'm pretty sure you'll get along well and I hope both of you will have a good time.

Also, I'd like to note that I've decided to put myself on the list of the adopters, as well. ^^

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Bananarama The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can adopt someone else; my adoptee hasn't posted since January.

Also, can someone else just write up something about me for that section. I feel like it'd be better for someone else to do it, instead of me writing about how awesome I am, kind of like an unbiased opinion
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Maybe we should just write THAT. You're awesome. That's about it. XD

Okay, enough of that. I don't know you that much, but maybe you can find someone who would be able to write a little text about you...?

Currently there's no one who needs an adopter, but I'll remember that you can't wait to have an adoptee when someone asks for an adopter

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm assuming Starfighter has left us for good now. He's attempted deletion of all of his posts, and left a 'nice' leaving message in Rocky's <leaving?> thread. That was short lived. ;-;

Also! I'm nineteen now. So that'd be awesome if it were to change.

EDIT: Annnd FFXIII needs to go on the list. =o

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User The Final Fantasy Adoption Agency Diamond Dust's Avatar

Good afternoon folks. New arrival here, having literally signed up ten minutes or so ago and trying to familiarise myself with the boards, the house rules and of course the adoption policy. It's rather unique for a forum, so kudos!

I read the short list, and whilst everyone seems interesting I am still a little unsure about nominating/requesting someone myself with the exception of Meier Link with whom we share a common interest in beer and is at probably from a personal point of view someone I could best relate to due to his age, but that isn't to suggest I'd discriminate toward the other younger members of the community.

A little about me if it helps with a pairing - My name is Louis, I'm twenty three years of age and hail from the land of eternal sunshine that is England. Alright, it's more Burmecia than Barbados in truth! I am currently a mature student, studying psychology and sociology in a combined social sciences course. I won't bore you with that one. I love football (soccer), music, pro-wrestling, philosophy, sci-fi (Stargate), beer (love hate relationship actually) and of course all things Final Fantasy. I like to think that I have a generally polite and well mannered temperament and an interesting personality.

I hate text speak, chavs, one word posts, pointless posts, sweetcorn, peas, being in debt, being hungover and people who never anything nice to say.

I hope that provides you a little insight and enough to find me an adoptee. Thank you for reading and I look really look forward to getting to know people.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast