View Poll Results: Which Did You Choose And give Up?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chose Sword; Gave Up Shield

6 26.09%
  • Chose Sword; Gave Up Staff

11 47.83%
  • Chose Staff; Gave Up Sword

1 4.35%
  • Chose Staff; Gave Up Shield

3 13.04%
  • Chose Shield; Gave Up Staff

2 8.70%
  • Chose Shield; Gave Up Sword

0 0%

Thread: Which Did You Choose And Give Up

Tsuna Feesh Which Did You Choose And Give Up Fate's Avatar

Which Did You Choose And Give Up

Basically, in Kingdom Hearts, there was the part where Sora had to choose either the Sword, the Staff, or the Shield, and give up another. Which one did you choose, and which one did you give up?

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Which Did You Choose And Give Up Treize's Avatar
    I chose the sword and gave up the shield. I figured that the shield would be the least useful and I picked the sword because I figured it would give me a nice power boost. If I play again, I think I will pick to keep the staff and give up the shield though. I think it would be nice to get the MP Haste/MP Rages earlier.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Finally Back! :D Which Did You Choose And Give Up Benjisan's Avatar
    The first time i played Kingdom Hearts, i went straight for the staff, for some reason it piqued my interest more than the sword. I gave up the shield in return.
    Because balding old men with ninja swords are so in right now

Tsuna Feesh Which Did You Choose And Give Up Fate's Avatar
    I always chose the sword because I love strength! And the shield seemed useless to me, seeing as how I never cared much for defense, not in this game anyway. I tried using the shield once, and it sucked...

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

come and get some Which Did You Choose And Give Up Darkwave's Avatar
    I chosed the sword and gave up the wand because you get a good attack with defense.

At the end of the day, it comes down to one hero to save us all.

Registered User Which Did You Choose And Give Up Yesha's Avatar
    I picked the sword and just gave up the staff.. since I don't Like using magics.. except for some bosses.. and.. at that time.. I knew that DonaLd has aLot of abiLity to use magic.. so I don't have to bother 'bout that one.. strength and defense is one of the most important for me in battLe..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Aww yeah! Which Did You Choose And Give Up Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    I picked the staff and gave up the shield just because by the time you reach level 100, you have more MP than if you pick the shield or the sword.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Shake it like a polaroid picture Which Did You Choose And Give Up RagnaToad's Avatar
    The sword was definitely my pick. In a game that relies heavily on Melee Attack I figured it would come in handy. And I can't quite remember, but I think I gave up the staff. I was never much of a regular magic guy.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Warrior Ninja Which Did You Choose And Give Up Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    I always choose the sword and give up the shield =].... I like having power in games and it was between the wand and the sword >.>... I picked the sword in the end though because I find strength is more useful then magic... I give up the shield because I don't really care for defence and I wouldn't want to give up magic :]

アズテオル Which Did You Choose And Give Up Azuteor's Avatar
    I chose the sword and gave up the staff. I'm more of a sword-user in any RPG game I play. I rarely use magic in Kingdom Hearts other than healing spells. Now that I think about it, I don't feel that magic is needed since you basically hack and slash your way through the game. I'd rather have Donald take over the magic department.

It always seemed tradition for me to pick up the Sword and lose the staff. But really I'm an idiot for doing that every time when I look at how it affects things. ^~ But still..
    Each new game I pick the same. Even though I know better <_<

SWORD <3
    Lose the staff ^~

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Registered User Which Did You Choose And Give Up Kenshi's Avatar
    I chose the sword and gave up the staff. I like many others only used magic on a dire need situation usually when i needed health and the occasional stop spell when things got out of hand. but in general i loved slicing and dicing my enemies so the sword would always be a good choice for me. though the next time i go through it i may give up the shield

Master of the Shadow Key Which Did You Choose And Give Up KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I chose the staff and gave up the shield. I'm always attacking so defense is useless to me. Besides, if I got hurt I had Cure! Plus, if I didn't get Scan early, I would have a break down.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Registered User Which Did You Choose And Give Up
    Okay, this is probably dumb, but I gave up the staff and chose the shield! Looks like I'm the only one that had done that so far!

I think it's better to have a higher defense than attack, but that's just how I play.

Oh, and Magic? Meh. I don't usually use magic. I usually just hack away at my opponents. Not the most tactical way, but it's the Dodie way!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I chose the staff and gave up the sword. Not sure why. I think I wanted to go against my first instinct, which was to choose the sword. I just started the game so I'll see how it turns out...
    Favorite FF (for now): Vii
    Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts
    E cigarette anyone?

I feel epic... Which Did You Choose And Give Up Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    On my first playthrough, I chose the sword and gave up the staff. I picked the sword because I like attacking in games, and gave up the rod figuring, what does a warrior need magic for? Of course, later by reading the game guide, I learned the best option is the pick the sword and give up the shield for a good boost in attack and AP, but still... And the staff is a little cheap, giving you ONE extra magic point.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Just kind of there. Which Did You Choose And Give Up Calvan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I chose the sword and gave up the shield. A good offence is the best defense.
    -My Tee Eff Eff Family-
    Unknown Entity, My recipe trading, PS3 playing cousin.
    ----------
    And then just like that i'm gone again.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! Which Did You Choose And Give Up ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    In Kingdom Hearts 1 I chose to keep the sword and give up the staff. When I play Role Playing Games I only worry about attack and defense, I really don't use magic unless I need to heal or revive my character(s). So thats why I gave up the staff.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Blog Entries
    For some reason on my first KH playthrough, I decided to keep the Shield and gave up the staff. The extra HP boost was nice, but otherwise I had no reason to do it really, other then being different lol.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Earth Elemental Which Did You Choose And Give Up Poto's Avatar
    I chose sword and gave up magic. I don't really use magic ever in the game unless it is an emergence and i need healing

i chose sword and gave up staff. Straight up hack and slash!

Crash Boom Bang Which Did You Choose And Give Up Lily's Avatar
    First time round I chose the sword, ditched the staff. I never use magic anyway, so that would have just been pointless for me. Either way I sucked at this game...

I started a new file and chose the shield, see if it would make life easier for me...didn't even get off the island before I gave up. Kairi can make her own bloody raft -_-

I've always chosen the sword and given up the shield.

I chose the sword because I like swords in general and they're symbol of strength.
    I gave up the shield because I thought the staff, symbolizing magic power was too important to give it up. So I had to exclude the shield and every time I made the same choice..
    [BR]

Death comes on silent wings Which Did You Choose And Give Up bobbo087's Avatar
    I always choose the sword and give up the staff, because what is the use of having power if you don't have friends to protect?