View Poll Results: Keep them or drop them?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Let there be more development of original characters!

3 7.89%
  • No. I like seeing those characters in the game!

23 60.53%
  • Keep the characters, but don't add any more.

5 13.16%
  • I don't really care either way.

7 18.42%

Thread: Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games?

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games?

Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games?

Yeah, it's kind of lame of me to say this, but the reason I was first excited for Kingdom Hearts back when it was a brand new thing was to see some of my favorite Final Fantasy characters again. When I actually played it, I thought "Hey, this game is pretty good." and I was hooked since.

I think team making the Kingdom Hearts franchise is working harder to develop their own set of characters, and not rely so much on re-imaginings and cameo appearances of FF characters. The story is developed enough, and new (original) characters and ideas are always being introduced, so I wouldn't mind if they dropped the FF influence from KH at all, or maybe just keep the characters they have already used.

I think that it was great at first, but I think maybe it's time for SE to let Kingdom Hearts sort of "stand on it's own". The general idea of the story is pretty decent, the gameplay is a blast, and the original characters are (for the most part) pretty interesting. Yeah, there's a few that are a miss with me, but that would only be a small complaint. It's certainly much better than seeing your favorite FF characters totally changed up to where it's almost embarrassing. *cough*Vivi*cough*

They can keep using the Disney stuff though. As long as they use the more fun "worlds".

So what do you all think? And if I don't have an option on the poll for you, I'm sorry.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

I want to play a game. Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games?

Dodie, I agree with you to an extent - have Kingdom Hearts lose the FF characters and instead, introduce characters from the Dragon Quest series!!

Though I haven't played much of the Kingdom Hearts series, I like the cameos and involvement of the FF characters; it creates an unique setting. I also believe that the Final Fantasy characters haven't really been the spotlight ever for the story, they were there as supporting characters and I don't mind them continuing their roles.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games?

I haven't gotten around to playing any of the Dragon Quest games. I think that I was going to pick up DQ VIII, but that was for mainly for the FF XII demo. I know...shame on me. I hear good things about that game though, and next time I'm out, I'll see if there are any copies.

You're right about the character cameos though. They really don't have much of a spotlight, so it's not doing any damage for them to actually be there, but I was just curious as to what other people thought.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries

Like what Zarga said, I don't mind them being in the game as long as they stick to the supporting roles that they have. I'd be more happy to see a new Disney world then to see a Midgar world that I have to plow through; it just seems more fitting at this point in the story to continue with the Disney worlds. However, I hope they add some new story content into them from KH2, it was more like a rushed "hey hows it going oops new boss hes dead see ya later!", which I wasn't too thrilled about. More story in the Disney worlds please SE!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

A few Dragon Quest characters would be awesome. The thought of Yangus alone in a KH game is making me chuckle. As far as FF characters go, it seems to serve the series well so far and as long as they don't go overboard with characters I can't see myself disliking FF characters in the games.

Though they didn't seem to do Setzer justice in KH2...
    victoria aut mors

Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Jin's Avatar

I'd much prefer they stop using Disney characters rather than Final Fantasy characters. How anyone can take a game seriously when Donald Duck is in their party is beyond me.

Until now!

The real reason why the rum is gone Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Nightmare Cloud's Avatar

I really like the FF characters in the games, I think it creates a nice mix. I can't imagine KH without Cloud xD especially since I have a figure of him in my bedroom haha. But yeah, I don't have a problem at all the the FF characters in the games.

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Kaiden's Avatar

I always enjoyed the way the two worlds clashed, Disney and FF together who would have ever thought of that before KH. Not to say that it has to be done with Final Fantasy characters, they can just as easily make all new ones. Just gives you a sense of knowing the side characters without having to develop them at all. I think that adds something to the game. Either way they do things I wont be upset though.

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Zidane77's Avatar

I've always been ok with FF characters being in KH except for Vivi.
    As for Dissidia, that should be stopped made entirely.

The Lone Dagger Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Xithor's Avatar

I love seeing the FF characters throughout the Kingdom Hearts games and I liked seeing that they were all represented very nicely. I'm not a big fan of Squall to begin with but I didn't like that they changed his name to Leon in KH but idk haha

Can't wait to see what Final Fantasy characters will be incorporated into KH3, my guess is it'll be Balthier & Fran, and Lightning and Snow but I would love to see Fang make an appearance. She was a great character all around in FFXIII

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Sharing is caring, and caring is ment to be shared Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? The Dark Crystal's Avatar

One of the main reasons I picked up and played KH was because of the developers (SE) and for the fact that it had FF character's in it.

Okay, I will admit, and because of the Disney characters and their worlds!

Though I never played KH2, because I didn't have a PS2 at the time, I would love to go back and complete it. Before I pick up KH3 that is!

Regardless of FF character's making an appearance in the game, I would still play the newer ones, if I had a PS2/3....But, Xbox is Better!!!
    THE GREAT CONJUNCTION IS THE END OF THE WORLD! Or the beginning. Hm! -Aughra

gaming service ID:

I have a peguin on a stick! ^_^ Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Kooky Spice's Avatar
    Being held hostage by the imaginary people that live in this fictitious reality

I personally don't think that the FF characters should be dropped at all because they add to Sora's adventures. Also they add a certain element to the game. I feel that the games development of its characters is just fine with or with out the FF characters so in essence it really doesn't matter (but keep em anyway).

Lawlz Sephy so Smaht!!

This is where my name comes from for anyone who cares. Btw please don't get the wrong idea. I love Final Fantasy more than any other game series in the whole world.

"Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who want it bad enough to take it."

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

I voted for keeping the FF characters in. Squall (or Leon) was an important figure in the story, plus the inclusion of others, such as Cloud and Sephiroth, added things to do besides the story.

To be honest, I was disappointed with some of the inclusions and what they did within the story, such Vivi, Auron and Setzer. I think they should be closer to their roles in FF. Instead of having, for example, Auron who opposite to what he was in FFX, in which he is considered bad in KH, but was a good guy in FF.

Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukeN View Post
    I voted for keeping the FF characters in. Squall (or Leon) was an important figure in the story, plus the inclusion of others, such as Cloud and Sephiroth, added things to do besides the story.

To be honest, I was disappointed with some of the inclusions and what they did within the story, such Vivi, Auron and Setzer. I think they should be closer to their roles in FF. Instead of having, for example, Auron who opposite to what he was in FFX, in which he is considered bad in KH, but was a good guy in FF.
    Auron is more, Neutral in KH2 then Evil.

Setzer really REALLY pissed me off.

Vivi was meh, not a big deal. Siefer was annoying.

I always wanted to see Zidane, but after playing Dissidia, I'm kinda scared at a KH Zidane.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Learner Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? CloudTide's Avatar

I think that KH should make there own characters
    You know so people could say things like:

"Dude, remember how [whoever] from Kingdom Hearts did this?"

or

"Who's your favorite character from Kingom Hearts?"

But you know thats just my opinion.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

Relaxin' with Final Fantasy Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? KainsBro's Avatar

I don't mind the use of FF characters, but they shouldn't add any more to the games, just keep the ones they are currently using. I hated the way that Setzer and Vivi was used, they were terrible. Auron was alright, but wasn't needed. I also think that Cid's Voice in KH2 is annoying. They just keep screwing up newly added FF characters, so why add more?

InnocentCutie713

I don't mind FF at all !!It's actually much better with them !But it got to much disney characters.

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? NeoAquarius12's Avatar

I don't see how they could drop the FF characters, especially when some are still fairly vital to the story. Leon and Cloud mainly. It's not like Sora can just wake up and say, "Man! All my friends were imaginary! Good thing I still have Disney characters!" haha. They can't go backwards in plot design. It is what it is. They should just expand now, with FF characters, Disney characters, and original characters.

Now, IF they went into some FF worlds, that might be a little much.... going from Atlantica to Spira or whatever. haha

The only KH I've played is 365/2 days and I was disappointed at the lack of any FF characters. It was probably because I was expecting some it felt a little hollow but having just Disney characters and no FF ones. Organisation XIII feels a lot more FF-esque than Disney so it didn't really mesh.
    The FF characters might have provided a bit more balance.

Certified tech, come at me! Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If FF characters were to be included in any more KH games, I would like to see more of the ones from the FF games before VII. Terra could be a great cameo, same with Sabin, Cecil, Rydia, etc. I would say drop some of the already existing ones and add ones from older FFs.
    Currently Playing:

Honestly, part of me says keep them in. Because if it weren't for Kingdom Hearts, I probably would never have even considered playing FF7 or FF9. (Two very good games)

Although another part of me says that by adding FF characters that don't add anything to the plot, all you're doing is providing fanservice and nothing else.

Not that fanservice is neccesarily a bad thing.

Blog Entries

Y'know how
    Spoiler:
    Auron

was a guest party member in KH2? Y'know who would make an awesome guest? Balthier. "I never miss..."

Seriously though, part of the reaosn to look forward to playing these games is seeing those FF characters. Although they kinda have butchered them in a few cases, like Setzer, a little...

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Sharpshooter's Avatar

I liked your idea of KH standing on its own two feet, really fascinating
    The final fantasy characters were never too important though, mostly in
    Traverse Town and Hallowed Bastion/ Radiant Garden
    I saw the disney characters to have bigger roles in the story
    In my opinion, they should just leave the final fantasy characters that are there but not add anymore. They could act as minor characters, only showing up in a flashback or something.
    As for Disney characters, they should limit them as well(but keep the worlds! lol)
    Id love to see more unique characters be made for the KH franchise. =)
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

The British Guy. Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think they should drop some Disney characters really.It kind of ruins the serious parts of the game when you have Donald quacking and Goofy doing his Hyuck thing. I think they should keep the Disney characters in the seperate worlds i just found it annoying with Donald And Goofy. Also in KH2 Pete was a terrible villain even if he was there for giggles.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Sharpshooter's Avatar

@Squall~Dissidia
    I didn't like the majority of disney villains in KH to begin with
    The only one I thought was a real villain would be Malificent
    The villains Square Enix came up with pretty good though
    such as Ansem and Marluxia
    Final Fantasy and Samurai Champloo FTW!!

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? WilsonDean1990's Avatar

I think it would be better if they dropped the disney characters ^^

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Registered User Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

Seeing the FFcharacters in KH makes me lose respect for them -_- end of... and half of them don't even act like they are the actual character!

Death Before Dishonor Should Kingdom Hearts drop the idea of using FF characters in the games? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think that they should lose the idea of involving FF characters in game. I mean shit they are one of the main reasons that I even started playing the series to begin with.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!