Thread: Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS

The Lone Dagger Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS Xithor's Avatar

Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS

Square announced at the E3 2010 that they are indeed making a game for the newest announced 3DS system which is tentatively titled Kingdom Hearts 3D.

When the Nintendo 3DS comes out in the market this year, one of the launch titles gamers will be able to play is Square Enix’s Kingdom Hearts 3D. Since the game was announced and screens were released, many are wondering if KH3D is a remake of Kingdom Hearts, a PlayStation 2 title.

In the recent interview of Famitsu with Tetsuya Nomura on the E3 show floor, Nomura said that the Kingdom Hearts 3D is not a remake at all and it’s an entirely new game . The name Kingdom Hearts 3D is not the game’s final name but it has something to do with the title when the name has been finalized. Kingdom Hearts 3D (Working Title) will take gamers in the stories of Riku and Sora; the main characters of the game.

As for the story of Kingdom Hearts 3D, Nomura decline to comment. He said that fans of the series should expect the unexpected. The upcoming Kingdom Hearts Re:coded will have some hints to the story of Kingdom Hearts 3DS.
    Here are some screen shots from the upcoming game:

So what you guys think about this new game? Where in the story line will this new KH seem to fit? Here is the KH Timeline so far:

Birth by Sleep ----- Kingdom Hearts ------ Chain of Memories ----- 358/2 Days ----- Kingdom Hearts II

Source: E3 2010: Kingdom Hearts 3D Is NOT a Remake Says Nomura
    Last edited by Xithor; 06-28-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Registered User Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS

Re: Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS

Hooray! It's the KH1 versions of Riku and Sora!

Yeah, I read up on Nintendo's site that there's going to be a KH game for the 3DS, but I didn't know it was going to be a launch title. That makes me have more of a reason to shell out the cash to purchase a 3DS when it finally ships over here. I think I may go into debt because of Nintendo.

I think it might be a revisioning of the some of the events from the first game (KH1). We might see more in-depth to what Riku was doing when Sora was adventuring around with Donald and Goofy. Other than that, I have no idea.

...expect the unexpected.
    That quote reminds me of when I used to watch CardCaptors.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

The Brave Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS

Arrow Re: Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS

Well, this new game appears to be rather interesting. I honestly cannot say if this new title is worthwhile or not, but I do hope that it might have some KH1 elements in it.

I'm DYING to see you! Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS ViviMasterMage's Avatar

If crows don't sing, then context is king!

I have no idea! Tiredness! ^

Anyway, I feel that this game might just tie up all the loose ends. Maybe even some that we don't know exist yet! I swear, you just can't tell if the game designers wanted all this story from the very start or if it was a fluke! I've got to say that the graphics are looking very nice and I can't wait to see some trailers and stuff! =D

Nice find, Xithor! +rep!

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Certified tech, come at me! Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well this looks like a neat title. I think it would be nice to play as Riku once again and I hope you don't have to beat Sora's story just to unlock him. Is it just me or am I the only one who likes their KH2 appearence better where they're older and more mature?
    Currently Playing:

I'm DYING to see you! Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS ViviMasterMage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin Rene Figaro View Post
    Is it just me or am I the only one who likes their KH2 appearence better where they're older and more mature?
    No, I agree! I actually think that the KH2 models seem better. Maybe it's because of the add of the drives and new suit with Sora and the clock with Riku as well as his sexy face and clothing... I mean, lolwut.

Another thing about the game that's coming out is that it says that Coded will tell us a bit about this game? I thought Coded was coming to the 3DS? Maybe I'm wrong.

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

The Lone Dagger Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS Xithor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    Another thing about the game that's coming out is that it says that Coded will tell us a bit about this game? I thought Coded was coming to the 3DS? Maybe I'm wrong.
    Coded is actually coming out on the Nintendo DS so it'll definitely get released before we see anything on Kingdom Hearts 3D if that's even what it is still being called when they release it. They are doing the same thing they did with Chain of Memories by naming the DS American version Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded.

I agree with you too Sabin, the KH2 version of all the characters are much better than the younger ones bc they do look older and more mature. I just want some info on KH3 which will hopefully be on the PS3 and blow away everything else lol

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Glowing Ball of Awesome Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS Ashura's Avatar

I actually already know about this news.
    Even though it's not a remake of Kingdom Hearts I, it sort of looks like it by the graphics, I'm also confused of how it will go without being a remake, but I'll see when I get it. I can't wait for it to come out, along with BBS, which is the one I'm really excited about.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

Certified tech, come at me! Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got some updates for you guys about KH 3DS. I might have to look into this game myself from what I read from this spoiler tag below.

You're welcome everyone lol

Spoiler:
    Full Nomura interview
    - The story behind how they got started on development for KH3D (temporary title) was that Nintendo talked to them really enthusiastically about it, and SE wanted to jump on board and they asked them if they could make something for this hardware.

Since they were asked to do something with KH, that will be the starting point for the game, but they are planning on expanding it to titles other than KH.

As to where it will start at, all he can say is that it starts around the same time.

- The main characters will be Sora and Riku. You will alternate between them as you go through the game. “We’re thinking of making the alternating of the two characters as central to the game.”

- The story this time will be one filled with mystery that you won’t be able to predict. As it’s done at the same time, it will be difficult to imagine this happened during KH. “But don’t be fooled by what you see.”

But that mystery is no mistake, and he is considering whether to explain it then or explore the answer later. There is still time before the information ban is lifted, so he can’t answer it yet.

- He’s thinking about how to use the 3D in the game system, but he can’t give the details on it just yet. But, since with 3D you can make use of depth, you should think about the concept of “down”.

- “I want to do a “KH” you can touch, a “Sora” that falls, a “Riku” that flies. The theme is “trust”.”

There are lots of things you can’t do on your own, so he wants to make it about how you trust in others to help you do those things.

- Other games that he noticed “Of course, Kojima.”

It was quite a lot of encouragement to see all those game titles that Nintendo announced. “When KH was announced for the 3DS and the audience clapped, I felt I had to do my best to make a good game.”

- About making other games in 3D, he says “First I want to finish making KH3D.”

He has a lot of ideas, but he doesn’t know if any of them will be made into games. He has a lot of plans for other games, but first he has to try making one.

“Other companies will come up with interesting ways to use 3D, so once people start building on that, the possibilities will grow.”

- Re:coded is a mix between Days, BbS and the original mobile coded. The main group working on developing it is h.a.n.d (who did Days), but the staff who worked on the mobile version as well as the co-director for BbS will be working on it as well.

There were many people who didn’t like not being able to use in analog stick in Days, so they are working on making the controls easier.

Things like the auto-jump in the mobile version and capturing enemies when you’re attacking with the keyblade as been made easier.

The story and base game is coded, the leveling system is from Days, and the battle system is from BbS.

- There will be wireless content, but it won’t be like Days or BbS adhoc play, but once you’ve connected you will be able to play it by yourself.

They will make use of the knowledge they got off of “The World Ends With You” and will make lots of different ways you can have fun with it.

You will be able to change the difficulty as you’re playing, which they got from that game. The main programmer from that game is on the staff, so they are making use of his knowledge. There will be a “Cheat” option in the menu, and from there you can change the difficulty. There are lots of things they put in that they couldn’t do in the mobile version. Especially with the game system.

- The game system is a completely new thing.

The leveling system, battle system, wireless content and secret movie are all new. Nomura especially wants you to look at the wireless content.

“Even if there isn’t anyone to connect to around you, it’s made so that you don’t have to worry about that and can still have fun with the extras.”

It will have the same trophy system as BbS, so you will be able to play with it for a long time.

Last edited by SuperSabin; 08-02-2010 at 10:58 PM.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Kingdom Hearts on the 3DS Zidane77's Avatar

Looks good, looking forward for the upcoming games.