Thread: Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun?

Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun?

When I got KH 358/2 days, I thought I would have a HELL of a time playing as Roxas. And in my opinion -- it wasn't that fun. I expected to be able to dual wield near the end of the story. But I was wrong. I couldn't Dual Wield until the LAST mission. I really hated that fact. I can't wait for BBS to come out, (Even though I bet that's gonna dissipoin me, too). I think that KH and FF lost its charm after Kh2 came out. Then the 6.5/10 Final Fantasy 12 came out; The 7.5/10 KH 358 2 days came out; the 7.8/10 Dissidia came out.; the I haven't played yet Crisis Core Came out.

Registered User Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun?
    I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy 358/2 Days that much. I have some complaints as well, but I still think it's a pretty solid entry in the KH franchise.

I thought it was neat to see how Roxas spent his time while he was in the Organization, and I thought that the gameplay was pretty good as well. I did have a bit of trouble with the panel system, in that I think it's quite silly to have to equip your levels when you could use those spaces for more magic or potions or whatever else you needed, but it's really just a small complaint.

I personally don't think Square-Enix has lost it's charm, because I quite enjoyed Final Fantasy XII, Crisis Core, and 358/2 Days. I will say that I thought the storymode in Dissidia was a bit on the cheesy side, but the gameplay more than makes up for it, so yeah, I enjoyed that game as well. I understand if you didn't like those games, because everyone has a different view about things. I'm just saying that I don't see where Square-Enix is going downhill.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Master of the Shadow Key Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? KeybladerXIII's Avatar
    I am playing through 358/2 right now, and I'm having a blast. However, it's probably becaise I'm the biggest Org. XIII fan there is. I liked finding out how Org. XIII does their work. I always thought they just sat on their chairs until they were needed, but I was surprised they had a nice break room with comfy couches, got vacations, and did things like normal people, like Luxord having a poker league with the other members, heh heh. I think I'm on Day 173 or something like that, and I love arranging panels and looking at the Org.'s different weapons.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

Death Before Dishonor Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I certainly do not think it sucks playing as Roxas the whole time. I do have some disputes with this game but this is certainly not one of them.

As KeyBlader pointed out I enjoyed seeing that they actually had lives. I recently bought this, well actually its more like yesterday. Great game, I love it couldn't ask for more in a KH game.,..

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun?
    Sorry to veer this topic off-course for a moment, but I came across this, and I thought it was a bit odd...

Posted by dapofola
    the I haven't played yet Crisis Core Came out.
    However, you said that it was fun in another thread.

Posted by dapofola
    Crisis core is for the PSP. That game is fun. The best Square Enix game on the PSP.
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...e-made-ds.html

I'm just confused a bit in your statement... You say it's fun, but then you say you haven't played it yet? As for the scores you gave the other games, I'm all for giving your opinion about them, but I think that disliking KH 358/2 Days because Roxas doesn't duel-weild until the last mission is a bit harsh... There's plenty more to enjoy about the game, and I think that you should give it a better chance, imo.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Don't hate on Roxas! He's got such nice hair after all...

I always liked Roxas more than Sora, so this game isn't bad at all for me. It's not worse than the first game, but not as good as the second KH game, so it's whatever. You press buttons and whatnot to attack and counter, just like in KH for the PS2, and you don't actually need both keyblades, so all that is fine.

Sure, the story could be a little more interesting, but I think it's kind of slow-paced and mellow because that kind of plot fits the characters and Organization. You honestly can't expect a bunch of Nobodies to be as emotional and exciting as Sora and his crew of misfits right? I appreciate that it doesn't feel forced in that way.

And what the hell are you doing looking at ratings? Those don't matter as long as you enjoy the game....which you obviously don't as much as I do, but that's not the point. And I love the panels...they're like gambits and tetris put together. I LOVE THEM.

i dont think square going down hill is to blame for this, i jsut think it was a bad idea for a game, it was made to calm the hard core org fans, there wasent much of a story behind the game or much chracter development behind roxas.

this game ruined roxas for me because in the game he was basicly just a puppet.

but my main point is just this was one bad game, i think the series is still going strong
    Last edited by Larick; 12-09-2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Titles are merely a means to control those we fear

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Sorry to veer this topic off-course for a moment, but I came across this, and I thought it was a bit odd...

However, you said that it was fun in another thread.

http://thefinalfantasy.net/forums/fi...e-made-ds.html

I'm just confused a bit in your statement... You say it's fun, but then you say you haven't played it yet? As for the scores you gave the other games, I'm all for giving your opinion about them, but I think that disliking KH 358/2 Days because Roxas doesn't duel-weild until the last mission is a bit harsh... There's plenty more to enjoy about the game, and I think that you should give it a better chance, imo.
    It's not dual weilding, it's the missions. I liked playing a world at a time. And you cant leave until you're done.

Registered User Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? Zidane77's Avatar

Re: Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun?

Then the 6.5/10 Final Fantasy 12 came out; The 7.5/10 KH 358 2 days came out; the 7.8/10 Dissidia came out.; the I haven't played yet Crisis Core Came out
    Dissidia was a 5.9/10 game for me, what a mistake that game was..

Sorry you didn't like 358/2 Days,i thought it was really good.
    The only thing about it,to master it you need to repeat the levels a lot which kinda sucks but the gameplay is awesome.
    You can always dual-wield with Roxas in mission/multiplayer mode by using Zero Gear (3 ability units). That saved it for me.
    I really liked the multiplayer mode

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane77 View Post

Sorry you didn't like 358/2 Days,i thought it was really good.
    The only thing about it,to master it you need to repeat the levels a lot which kinda sucks but the gameplay is awesome.
    You can always dual-wield with Roxas in mission/multiplayer mode by using Zero Gear (3 ability units). That saved it for me.
    I really liked the multiplayer mode
    On GameSpot is your go-to source for video game news, reviews, and entertainment I gave dissidia a 6.0. And well, I beat 358 2 days and well... I LOVED it. (on gamespot Im myth2h1)

Registered User Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? Zidane77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dapofola View Post
    On GameSpot is your go-to source for video game news, reviews, and entertainment I gave dissidia a 6.0. And well, I beat 358 2 days and well... I LOVED it. (on gamespot Im myth2h1)
    Yeah buddy! i like your thinking

Do the elements trust you? Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? bahamuts heir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dapofola View Post
    When I got KH 358/2 days, I thought I would have a HELL of a time playing as Roxas. And in my opinion -- it wasn't that fun. I expected to be able to dual wield near the end of the story. But I was wrong. I couldn't Dual Wield until the LAST mission. I really hated that fact. I can't wait for BBS to come out, (Even though I bet that's gonna dissipoin me, too). I think that KH and FF lost its charm after Kh2 came out. Then the 6.5/10 Final Fantasy 12 came out; The 7.5/10 KH 358 2 days came out; the 7.8/10 Dissidia came out.; the I haven't played yet Crisis Core Came out.
    Dude get zero gear on roxas give it three ability panels and use him in mission mode you get auto dual wield by doing that, but it's not as stupid powerful as it is in mission mode which is why you only get it for the run to rikku
    You just don't get it at all! There isn't a thing I don't cherish

cuz I'm bored
    lamest death threat: (final fantasy1)"I, Garland, shall knock you all down!"
    my ff family: pm me if you want to join I might think about it
    me
    my imaginative older brother ethan
    My awesome, Final Fantasy IX loving twin, ViviMasterMage
    Short, Innocent-looking, English-obsessed Brother, Fate.
    Fluffy, Vanilla-colored Moogle, Meigumi/Bob
    my hyper and random sister, Firefly
    my Sephiroth obsessed and Okami playing cousin, Dodie16
    Soul-devouring, knuckleburning younger brother, Alther
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

Finding this place a little dull... Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? xTidus's Avatar

I just think that they should have made it a bit longer! :/

xTidus: "What are you doing?"
    ViviMasterMage: "I'm eating your hair... Why?"
    xTidus: "You have problems..."
    ViviMasterMage: "You smell nice!...I do have problems!"
    Both: *giggles*

Do the elements trust you? Playing as Roxas for a WHOLE story not that fun? bahamuts heir's Avatar

[QUOTE=Zidane77;1249496]Dissidia was a 5.9/10 game for me, what a mistake that game was..

WTF] but dissidia is an awsome game apart from the basic story mode

cuz I'm bored
    me
    -98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature

[QUOTE=genome's blade;1250040]

WTF] but dissidia is an awsome game apart from the basic story mode

The story,voices and the everything how Squall and Zidane came into play was just too stupid and should've never been done.

I'm not one of those that think Kingdom Hearts butcher FF characters, i love KH, but this game really tries to destroy good characters with bad imitation.
    The battle mode is okay though but the rest was just too bad..

[QUOTE=Zidane77;1250042]
    Quote Originally Posted by genome's blade View Post

The story,voices and the everything how Squall and Zidane came into play was just too stupid and should've never been done.

I'm not one of those that think Kingdom Hearts butcher FF characters, i love KH, but this game really tries to destroy good characters with bad imitation.
    The battle mode is okay though but the rest was just too bad..
    Story mode, you know se was pressed for time on it though so can't really blame them

cuz I'm bored
    me

[QUOTE=genome's blade;1250043]

Story mode, you know se was pressed for time on it though so can't really blame them

Then should've not been made in my opinion, i didn't buy the game at least.
    And i buy all FF games..

[QUOTE=Zidane77;1250044]

Then should've not been made in my opinion, i didn't buy the game at least.
    And i buy all FF games..
    One prob if they do that they lose a ****load of fanseople were disapointed with 12 so they wanted their epic [B]now[B] and people already new they were making dissidia which was far from perfect,not knowing that people got very pissed and impatient so better to release something than nothing

cuz I'm bored
    me

[QUOTE=genome's blade;1250045]

One prob if they do that they lose a ****load of fanseople were disapointed with 12 so they wanted their epic [B]now[B] and people already new they were making dissidia which was far from perfect,not knowing that people got very pissed and impatient so better to release something than nothing
    Well it throwed me off even farther.

[QUOTE=Zidane77;1250047]

Well it throwed me off even farther.
    K well we are all entitled to our own opinion; well on topic personally I liked the game and story behind roxas but I wish I could have more magic casts

cuz I'm bored
    me

[QUOTE=genome's blade;1250049]

K well we are all entitled to our own opinion; well on topic personally I liked the game and story behind roxas but I wish I could have more magic casts
    Was Roxas in that game?

[QUOTE=Zidane77;1250053][QUOTE=genome's blade;1250049]

Was Roxas in that game?[/QUOTE
    I'm talking about 358/2 days
    Last edited by bahamuts heir; 02-15-2010 at 02:23 PM.

cuz I'm bored
    me

Ok i thought we were talking about dissidia.

358/2 Days was awesome,i was not talking about that.
    KH is one of the good things SE is doing nowadays..
    Last edited by Zidane77; 02-15-2010 at 02:32 PM.