Thread: 358/2 Days

Registered User 358/2 Days Zidane77's Avatar

358/2 Days

This game has so much playtime, it's funny how long a DS game can last.
    I've beaten the game once on normal mode and finished everything in the game 100%, except i need 10-15 more crowns to get the last item. Everything else is finished including Mickey and Sora, and i've been playing that save for 99:55 hours and still there is more multiplayer left (which is the most fun in my opinion).
    And now i've been playing proud mode for 3 hours.
    Really good game and definetly my favorite so far, i will be playing BbS during christmas break so i focus on school

Definetly by far the most fun and endurable DS game i've played and highly recommend it, especially for multiplayer.
    Feel free to share your accomplishments and thoughts on this game

Certified tech, come at me! 358/2 Days SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: 358/2 Days

I liked this game too, haven't really touched it much after beating it but when I first got it for christmas last year i've been hooked on that game. Its really fun to play like you said and I like the panel system, it was a nice twist to the series and made things interesting. My favorite was getting the zero gear so you can dual wield.

I found this title ALOT better than Chain of Memories and the story was better to me too. Chain of Memories is how a KH game shouldn't be and 358/2 days fixes that.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User 358/2 Days

^ lol. I'm the opposite. I enjoyed Chain of Memories a lot, but Days wasn't as enjoyable for me. The story was too slow, and once it did get going, it focused way too much on Xion, whose character I did not like much at all. Doing the missions in the storyline got kind of boring and repetitive too.

I did like the panel system though, even if I do find that it's kind of ridiculous to have to put your levels in there.

All in all, it's wasn't bad if I just picked it up and played it every now and again, but it wasn't a game that I could just play straight through.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 10-17-2010 at 03:48 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Yeah the panel system was awesome, and i agree it got pretty repetative, especially if you wanted to finish the game 100%. But still i have fun playing it again.
    Multiplayer and the panel system was one of the most interesting things about this game though, i really liked it.

Chain of Memories for PS2 was the only game in my opinion that basically sucked..
    Should've stayed only for GBA which was a decent version.
    Last edited by Zidane77; 10-19-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Registered User 358/2 Days CloudvsLightning's Avatar

I have a very mixed opinion on the game. I liked it but I didn't. I agree - it focsed way too much on Xion. I wanted to know more about Roxas ... and Axel and the rest of the Organization. I hated doing missions in the beginning when it took forever to kill things but like ever game I love theatre mode (I mean come on, everyone loves theatre mode). Outof ten I 'd give it an eight. Possibly a 7.5, but more of an 8. It is hard to find any good DS games because sometimes you play them then realize after a few hours you realize its a bad game. I was addicted to 358/2 for a month (sometimes I would get pissed off that I couldn't beat something and stop playing for a few days) and over all I liked it.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Forever to kill things?
    I thought it was really easy in the beginning, even in proud mode

Registered User 358/2 Days CloudvsLightning's Avatar

That's not what I meant. It was easy to kill things but since you had no levels and only the Kingdom Key you had to repeatedly attack a Heartless thirty times to kill it meanwhile by the end of the game you attack something once or twice and its dead.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

I can't believe it, but I'm actually losing my likeness of this game. At first, it was like the best thing ever. But playing it again about a year later, I can see the flaws.

The story does tend to drag on, and I never really feel like I accomplished anything.
    SPOILER!!:
    And all it really manages to do is make me hate Axel for being a douche to... well, everyone.
    I don't mind Xion at all, but I wish the story would've given more to Roxas or any of the other Organization members, really. We don't really learn to much about Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, or Larxene as they mostly act as we've seen them act so far. But we did learn Demyx likes to do things that are stupid... and AWESOME. o__O

The gameplay is very similar to the console games. Of course, due to the awkwardly tight set-up of the buttons, my thumbs get very tired, very fast. It doesn't help that Squeenix is one of those companies that like to utilize every button they can. Shortcutting and trying to not get hit was frustration, and the camera was only good at Type B, the BBS one. As for the panels... they were okay. It was pretty cool going back to charge times and limited number of items, but having to equip levels is so retarded. I also don't like that there are a set number of Heartless in missions. It makes it a hassle to level up, and of the monsters that usually appear, its one that have high HP and eat damage. The bosses are pretty cool, though.
    SPOILER!!:
    Especially the four-part battle with Xion. Although Ragnarok is annoying.
    And of course, I always love Yoko Shimomura's contributions... but I really wish there was some new themes. About 80% of it is stuff we've heard before. I swear one theme in particular belongs in a Pokemon game. Can never really complain about the music though, its just that good.

Yeah, uh... that's about it. I used to love it, but looking at it again, its not quite what I remembered.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Quote Originally Posted by CloudvsLightning;1286105 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************12861 05******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
    That's not what I meant. It was easy to kill things but since you had no levels and only the Kingdom Key you had to repeatedly attack a Heartless thirty times to kill it meanwhile by the end of the game you attack something once or twice and its dead.
    I was talking about the beginning too
    Just depends on what you have equipped, i recently started the Proud mode and i killed almost every heartless in one combo. (2-3 hits).