Thread: You know...I notice something

Gunblade wielder You know...I notice something Nunubx's Avatar

You know...I notice something

That after 3 Final Fantasy's, the next would be on a next gen console.

Here's what I mean: I, II, and III were on the NES. IV, V, and VI were on the SNES. VII, VIII, and IX were on the PS1. And finally, X, XI, and XII were on the PS2. So, what I'm thinking is, by the time XV rolls around, there would be a new Final Fantasy on a next gen console. I don't know if it's true or not, just something I noticed.
    "This is my story. It'll go the way I want it... or I'll end it here."-Tidus

“You are who you are. Believe in yourself.“-Bartz

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth You know...I notice something Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunubx View Post
    That after 3 Final Fantasy's, the next would be on a next gen console.

Here's what I mean: I, II, and III were on the NES. IV, V, and VI were on the SNES. VII, VIII, and IX were on the PS1. And finally, X, XI, and XII were on the PS2. So, what I'm thinking is, by the time XV rolls around, there would be a new Final Fantasy on a next gen console. I don't know if it's true or not, just something I noticed.
    You forgot Tactics for PS1 and Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for SNES, that means four on both consoles unless you only count those in the main series. Also FF XI isn't for a PS2, it's an MMORPG game and you forgot FF X-2 for PS2, a sequel to FF X.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 12-10-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Gunblade wielder You know...I notice something Nunubx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post
    You forgot Tactics for PS1, that means four unless you only count those in the main series. Also FF XI isn't for a PS2, it's an MMORPG game and you forgot FF X-2 for PS2, a sequel to FF X.
    I'm only counting the main series so that leaves out tactics as well as X-2 since it's just a sequel. And yes, I know XI is a MMORPG but it was on the PS2 as well as the PC, right?
    "This is my story. It'll go the way I want it... or I'll end it here."-Tidus

“You are who you are. Believe in yourself.“-Bartz

The Old Skool Warrior You know...I notice something LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And the XB360.

It's something I've noticed over the years as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see XIII, XIV, and XV on the current gen and then XVI in development for whatever comes next.

Keep in mind, of course, that XIV ALSO comes out next year, and it's an MMO not unlike XI.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth You know...I notice something Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunubx View Post
    I know XI is a MMORPG but it was on the PS2 as well as the PC, right?
    I guess you're right, Sorry my bad. If you count only the ones in the main series than yes, your thesis is right. As for FF XV, I'm sure it will come for PS3 since they've released FF XIII with a solid engine to help them create next FF game much faster. Also as Locko said FF XIV will be released next year so we'll probably see FF XIII, XIV, and XV on the current console generation unless they make FF XVI for PS3, but there's no reason to break tradition.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 12-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

I want to play a game. You know...I notice something Zargabaath's Avatar
    My friend has a theory that from now on the second/middle Final Fantasy for the current generation will be a MMO, since FF XI and FF XIV are the second title for the 6th and 7th generation. That theory has to wait for more time to pass because 1) Square may release 4 main series FFs in one generation 2) It has only happened twice and if it occurs in the 8th generation as well then there would be more weight to that theory.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Well, since it takes SE forever to make one game let alone 3 and an MMO. I wouldn't be surprised with Zarga's friend's idea.

No but honestly I doubt Square was thinking that with the release of their titles on which generation of systems.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games