Thread: Would you like another old-style-fantasy main series FF title?

Would you like another old-style-fantasy main series FF title?

By old-style-fantasy I mean games like FFV, FFI or FFII. You know, all the usual ingridients that make an FF game what it is, but with out all the technology featured in some games of the titles (FFXII, FFVII, FFXIII). I would like to see one such game at some point, may be not even a brand new title, a remake of FFI or FFII would do for me. Still, would a new title with a more traditional fantasy build be something that you would be interested in?

I want to play a game. Would you like another old-style-fantasy main series FF title? Zargabaath's Avatar

Re: Would you like another old-style-fantasy main series FF title?

I'm down for mostly anything therefore I wouldn't mind a high fantasy feeling Final Fantasy. I will point out though that there was technology in Final Fantasy & Final Fantasy II as well as in Final Fantasy V. And while there was plenty of technology in Final Fantasy XII there was less than Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy VII in some areas. Final Fantasy XII was more the middle-ground. As for a remake of FF or FFII. No. There have been plenty of re-releases and slight remakes with latest versions being the Dawn of Souls (GBA) and their 20th Anniversary editions on the PSP.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Would you like another old-style-fantasy main series FF title? ZantetsukeN's Avatar

If they decided to do that, it would be cool. But, I do like the more futuristic FF games to, so I'd be ok with anything really. However, I would really love if they did a theme like FFIX, sort of old style, but with a little bit of a futuristic twist.

Also, we really don't need remakes of FFI and II. To be honest, we don't need any more remakes full stop.

Rune Knight Would you like another old-style-fantasy main series FF title? Trodorne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    I'm down for mostly anything therefore I wouldn't mind a high fantasy feeling Final Fantasy. I will point out though that there was technology in Final Fantasy & Final Fantasy II as well as in Final Fantasy V.
    Yes and for those games the "technology" was that of an ancient civilization that was gone or wiped out thousands of years ago.

Other than that. I too could go for High Fantasy again.