Thread: World of Final Fantasy Announced

The Quiet One World of Final Fantasy Announced Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post World of Final Fantasy Announced

Square Enix and Sony announced a new Final Fantasy game intended to get new players introduced to the series with a long franchise. It is felt that the franchise might be hard to enter for new players and the new game is meant to allow people to get their feet wet with the series before diving full in. World of Final Fantasy will be out for PS4 and Vita for 2016.

Attached Images Attached Images World of Final Fantasy Announced-selogo-jpg 
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy World of Final Fantasy Announced Rowan's Avatar
    I dont know what to think about this. I can see appeal, like a nostalgic stroll through the series with familiar faces etc. But I dont know what to think about the transition between the chibi design. Is there anymore info on this game?

The Quiet One World of Final Fantasy Announced Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not a lot right now, little is known about it outside of the trailer and the little bit that they gave during the Square Enix conference, which I went over in the post. I'm very curious about it as well. Since it is not a 3DS or mobile game, I'm buying as stupid as I might be for just jumping in immediately. But it looks cute and it'll probably be some light fun.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Certified tech, come at me! World of Final Fantasy Announced SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It reminds me of the skylanders, and disney infinity type games where you can play as whatever character you get and run around in a chosen world and do things. That's the concept I see from it and its a fun idea, I don't see this being a bad thing at all, in fact, it's a way to enjoy final fantasy with other people which is what I currently seek to do. I played Final Fantasy Type-0 with a friend and let him get a chance to try it, and he loved the gameplay, it was easy for him to understand since you run around and attack stuff by pushing buttons and you dodge with another button. That's when I realized games like Type-0 and FFXV would make great group based games where you take turns playing the game with other people.

Take that group based game and give it an option where you can play with multiple people at the same time introducing them to Final Fantasy without having to learn turn-based battles which not a whole lot of people like these days, so I welcome this new concept that I can, hopefully, play with friends and family.
    Currently Playing:

I invented Go-Gurt. World of Final Fantasy Announced Clint's Avatar
    Well that certainly is different. I think I'll wait to see the gameplay trailer before I start forming opinions. If this game is an introduction to a new audience into the Final Fantasy series, I'm wondering what type of battle system they'll use. It looked turn-based in the trailer, but I couldn't really tell. The old ones are turn-based, the new ones are action-based, so I'm wondering if they'll do somewhat of a hybrid battle system to get people used to using components of both systems. That way, no matter what game they play in the series, it'll seem somewhat familiar.

Anyway, this game looks adorable. I'll most likely check it out.

Boxer of the Galaxy World of Final Fantasy Announced Rowan's Avatar
    Yeah it does look turn based. I like the cute look of it, it almost seems like a pokemon style FF. Ill probably get this one on PS4.

The Old Skool Warrior World of Final Fantasy Announced LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    But it looks cute and it'll probably be some light fun.
    There was a follow-up I read somewhere where a potential $60 price point was mentioned because it's meant to be the OPPOSITE of "light fun" and is supposedly going to provide a complete "Final Fantasy experience." The idea is to bring forth a total fanservice mashup but then throw it into a real game with a real story, like if Dissidia was a regular RPG instead of a fighting game.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Consistently Average World of Final Fantasy Announced Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=LocoColt04;1359934 The idea is to bring forth a total fanservice mashup but then throw it into a real game with a real story, like if Dissidia was a regular RPG instead of a fighting game.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they don't ham up the story and voice acting as much

This looks like a really fun game, reminds me of a mix of KH and Theatrythm in terms of visuals. If I have either of those consoles by then i'd definitely pick it up.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!