Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake

Boxer of the Galaxy Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Rowan's Avatar

Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake

You know, cause we all want remakes of every other FF cept this one. Are you all hipsters or some shit?

Why shouldn't? Give me a reason to why we should that isn't "popularity" or "teh best".
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    Why shouldn't? Give me a reason to why we should that isn't "popularity" or "teh best".
    Its the only final fantasy in the series that uses coloured square blocks to represent characters hands.

Registered User Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Sheechiibii's Avatar
    Well personally I've never liked VII very much. That is to say, I really like it, but it pales in comparison to the other FF games I've played (other than the horror that is FFXIII). I honestly don't care if it's remade or not, and I think there are better games in the series that deserve a remake more (because they never got the same attention as VII, because they don't have heaps of side-games etc).

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

MagiTek Knight Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake SilentMage's Avatar
    The PC version of Final Fantasy VII has hi-resolution meshes and textures - and that's before looking at what modders created - you could say that the "remake" already exists, but was never released for consoles.

I imagine you're looking for a complete remake of the game, like with full 3D environments and whatnot. In that case, I must agree with Sheechiibii - there are other, older FF games that are more deserving of a remake than VII. We already got a 3D remake of IV - I would love to see similar treatment given to VI or V (in that order of preference).

~SilentMage
    What happens when a magic-infused island suddenly appears and begins orbiting Earth? Final Fantasy 6 meets our timeline in 2014, and the consequences will forever change our world.

Our World... Ruined - A Final Fantasy 6 FanFic

I would love to read a detailed analysis of how ff7 is low tier in the series compared to what you consider to be some of the more deserving titles in the series. I played ff6 and don't see what the big deal is. I could see that being a candidate for a remake, sure. But story and gameplay wise, wut is the big deal? All titles basically follow the same plotting and tropes. Saving the world from the bad guy who intends to destroy the planet. Name one ff where the story was different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    I would love to read a detailed analysis of how ff7 is low tier in the series compared to what you consider to be some of the more deserving titles in the series. I played ff6 and don't see what the big deal is. I could see that being a candidate for a remake, sure. But story and gameplay wise, wut is the big deal? All titles basically follow the same plotting and tropes. Saving the world from the bad guy who intends to destroy the planet. Name one ff where the story was different.
    Then why do you seem to want a FFVII remake so much more than others?

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.

I just don't care for it as much as most other FF games, plus it has a fair share of spinoffs and what not and in my opinion has gotten a lot of attention compared to most other titles

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Xanatos's Avatar
    Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake-1371251886478-jpg

Final Fantasy VII got more attention than any other game in franchise, it has been milked to death, and you guys still want more. I hope to God this game gets its remake soon, so a lot of fanboys can finally shut the **** up, although I highly doubt good part of those same fanboys will be content even then.

But story and gameplay wise, wut is the big deal? All titles basically follow the same plotting and tropes. Saving the world from the bad guy who intends to destroy the planet. Name one ff where the story was different.
    Save for XII. That game ditched truck load of cliches Square religiously used till then which made it that much better.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Sheechiibii View Post
    Then why do you seem to want a FFVII remake so much more than others?
    I'll answer that when you answer my question first.

It's his favorite, that's why.

Why didn't you like 6? Was it because you were comparing it to, 7?
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

No, I actually did enjoy it. Especially how Kefka was a subornate to someone higher up which he overthrew, thought that was kinda diabolic and evil as well as somewhat reminiscent of the joker in batman (looks like a jester too) or even that of Loki (who plays tricks but is not inherently evil). The only reason im comparing it to 7 is because it seems like majority rules on ff6 being the best in the series. I just dont understand how it can earn that title so easily, especially when compared to 7 which is undoubtedly the most famous as well as liked in the franchise. You dont get that title for being 'ordinary' or whatever. I think its a contender for a remake solely based on the fact that the maturity of the story could be much more better represented and understood with next gen graphics. Same could be said about 6, although I tend to think the world of ff7 is much more darker and in my opinion, the darker the theme, the deeper the story and characters within.

I think all the spin-offs with the exception of crisis core, sucked by the way.

TFF's Resident Messenger Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How to get the Final Fantasy VII remake people have been wanting so bad - in 3 Easy steps:

1. Buy enough shares of stock and force it. This can be done by yourself (if you have the gil), or with a group of like-minded people. Shares cost around $20USD each (I checked), and you must buy at least 100 shares of stock in order for them to take your money.

2. Kindly invite the Square Enix staff into your home and force them to do it. Don't let them leave until it's done. Not the most legal way, but possibly effective.

3. As I have said in the past, they won't make a remake, remaster, or redo of the game until I finish it. So, give me some kind of incentive to finish it. Then I will work my magic and make it happen.

This set of instructions can used for many of your Square Enix remake needs. Including Final Fantasy VI, which I have also not finished yet.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Count me among the masses that would love to see a FFVII remake. I'd play the hell out of it... except the gold chocobo racing/breeding grind. (**** you, Joe and Teioh!)

I say this as a man whose favorite Final Fantasy game is VI. Taking a blocky polygon game like FFVII and remaking it is a much shorter leap than, say, taking a sprite-based game like FFVI to the next level. By remaking VI, there's a far greater chance they would **** something up, which would be terribly unfortunate. I've already been down that road of disappointment with the Castlevania series going 3D. It's not as great as you might think.

Having said all that, I think there's a better chance of a Final Fantasy XIII-2-II: The Sequel's Sequel before we ever see a FFVII remake. But I'm a bitter man at heart.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

About 90% of people I know who do not go to a Final Fantasy forums who "Like" FF7, and they haven't even touched 6. This is why most people I know say it's better. I played 7, 4, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 5 and then 6 was the one I played after all of these in this order and it was just better in every aspect. And don't get me wrong, I was an FF7 fan, big fan, I loved the game so much. Then it gain bad popularity, that popularity where everyone I knew who liked it, only had ever played 7 or played Kingdom Hearts first and then picked up 7 and stopped there.

Edit: I pondered on what I thought was better in 7 than in 6.

Music I feel is better
    Graphics even though 7's sucked, I like them
    The atmosphere/feel 7 gives off.

FF7 pulls you in really well where as 6 I feel you have to get to the part where you party splits up to really have the game get interesting and even then it's still rather "dull". The game picks up when you are in the Factory I feel, when things start going down and then into transition to the World of Ruin which then is "dull" because it gives you this dead feeling of nothingness which is great though at the same time.

As Loco put it before in a post.

FF6 is the only FF game where your team literally fails and you let the villain win and get what they wanted.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-19-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

yeah but i dont let what others think about a game - good or bad - change my perception of it. I actually played ff7,8,9,X etc and 6 was the last one i played too.

I want to play a game. Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Zargabaath's Avatar
    SE should look toward the future not relive their glorious past. And that goes for any remake. I have FF VII for the ps1 and true, I probably would purchase a remake. But i'd rather they focus on new games, getting new talent to make those new games, to find the next Sakaguchi, Matsuno, etc.

I'm happy with block hands and spiky hair, that is part of the charm of the game. To me those are apart of its identity, which is only natural since there is no other FF VII.

Of course I am always down for a better translation. Screw graphics overhaul.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    SE should look toward the future not relive their glorious past.
    they tried it and they sucked. Time to relive the past and the glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    SE should look toward the future not relive their glorious past. And that goes for any remake. I have FF VII for the ps1 and true, I probably would purchase a remake. But i'd rather they focus on new games, getting new talent to make those new games, to find the next Sakaguchi, Matsuno, etc.

I'm happy with block hands and spiky hair, that is part of the charm of the game. To me those are apart of its identity, which is only natural since there is no other FF VII.

Of course I am always down for a better translation. Screw graphics overhaul.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    They haven't made a good FF game since FFX, perhaps if they revisit the past they may actually learn how to make a fucking game, I'm tired of watching them shit the bed with each new game..

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    They haven't made a good FF game since FFX, perhaps if they revisit the past they may actually learn how to make a fucking game, I'm tired of watching them shit the bed with each new game..
    In your opinion. FF XII is as good as any game prior to it, even better if you ask me.

FF XIII is in my opinion the only genuine misstep Square ever made, and I say that only because how long it took to develop that game as opposed to what we got in return. It's not like it's a total unplayable garbage a lot of people make it out to be, the likes of X-2. Honestly the entire franchise is one huge series of hit and miss so I don't really see what's the big deal.

Dissidia games are amazing, Type-0 is pretty good, I say keep 'em coming. Some I'll enjoy, some I won't, as it has always been, really.

I want to play a game. Why Shouldn't we have an ff7 remake Zargabaath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    I feel like they don't need to remake those games to learn how to make better games and I am in agreement with Xanatos regarding FF XII. Some of those guys have been around the company for some time. They've been around to see how "great" games are made. Some of them, mainly Motomu Toriyama, did not really soak it in, if anything. I'll be the first to say Toriyama sucks as a director and I have given up oh him hence why I have yet to purchase Lightning Returns (I'm waiting for it to drop below $20 used. I'm not going to give SE my money for his work). What I would like to see is some of the older guys come back to direct like - Kitase and definitely Ito.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos View Post

Dissidia games are amazing, Type-0 is pretty good, I say keep 'em coming. Some I'll enjoy, some I won't, as it has always been, really.
    I would add FF: 4 Heroes of Light. Between FFXIII saga and 4 HoL - I'm going to fire up my DS.

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

I'll answer that when you answer my question first.
    Your question seemed to be about FFVI, which I never said I wanted a remake of. I'd welcome a remake of either FFVI or FFVII. VI because I think a lot of people don't play the older sprite games and I think it's a shame that those games are neglected. VII because it's a decent game and I'd buy a remake of it.

However, I would not go out of my way to demand a remake of VII because I really don't see what is so special about it. I like every other FF game I've played better than it (excluding only FFXIII). Why do you think it deserves a remake over FFVIII or FFIX when unlike them it has had so many spin offs?

I didnt actually mean they should remake a game to actually learn how to make a good game i was just trying to be funny, they could just look at/play the old games obviously, but if its a choice of breathing further shit games like they have been since X or remaking classics (not just 7, id like to see 6 also), id rather they remake them..

I understand people liked XII, i didnt, found the characters crap, along with the story, combat system was wank.. I can forgive this and just pawn it off to just not being a game for me.. But its every game since X for me, not just XII, so i honestly couldnt give a **** what they do, a successful remake may actually knock some sense into them and wake them the **** up from this shitstorm of poor quality they put themselves in

Quote Originally Posted by Sheechiibii View Post
    Why do you think it deserves a remake over FFVIII or FFIX when unlike them it has had so many spin offs?
    They aren't as dated graphically or anywhere near as successful as FVII, so strategically/finacially 7 would be the best option..
    Last edited by nix; 08-21-2014 at 10:22 AM.

FF6 has a suicide attempt, darker than 7 right there.

FF12 is better than half of the games they made since FF1, it's better than 8 by far.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This topic is sensitive. No matter which way you go, you'd get the same reaction as walking into a Nintendo convention and screaming "I DON'T LIKE ZELDAAAAH! IT'S NOT THAT SPECIAL!" No one will like you for it.

Why SHOULDN'T we have a remake? While I'm all for one, I'd hate a remake to contend with the original classic. I also don't want another game to add to my collection that I'll never play (ze evah growing backlog, yah). Also the idea of possibly having a "Beat Emerald/Ruby Weapon" trophy upsets me. I've had the original downloaded on my Vita since December, and I've not even played it (haven't really played it since the PS3 death of '09). The original is charming enough!

Why we SHOULD? Great story, great levelling system, great world, great characters, great secrets/hidden things, and one of the most iconic video game villains of all time (yeah, Kefka is evil too, yadda yadda yadda. Sephiroth has the bigger sword, so suck it). I'd also like to see Advent Children styled cut scenes. While it's also sometimes sucky for longer term fans of the title, it will encourage new fans to the series (like the new Tomb Raider reboot).

Honestly though, a HD remaster of FFXII would satisfy my hunger for a remake for a good few years. First FF game I ever beat legitimately, and it made me feel good about it. I'd play that one again as a remaster as I'm too lazy to dig my PS2 out and have a go now. I don't need a FFVII remake tomorrow, or next year even. I'll still be cool if it doesn't happen.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

FF12 is better than half of the games they made since FF1, it's better than 8 by far.
    Chillax on the spoilers brah, n'gawd!

Damn, knew you would pull that one on me. Kudos.
    FF7 has a death, so far the only murder of a playable character to date.

Alright now you've done it. FF8 is the most underrated and the only contender imo with ff7. Its the only ff to realistically depict its characters in depth with their personalities and overall development. The entire world is beauitfully crafted and everything is very unique. One of the best mini games of all the FF series which has the potential to make you incredibly powerful IF you put the time and effort into playing it, which can add a good 20+ hours of gameplay. FF12 was an alright game, except for the fact its story was lifted from Star Wards and all the characters with the exception of Balthier+Fran, are absolutely terrible - in both design and personality. The world map is inspired, the battle system refreshing, the world map amazing, but for me the only reason I havnt replayed it is because the story and characters are dirt, especially compared to VIII. How can you even say that 12 is even 'far' better than 8? Why even bring it up at all? Most of the people who didn't like 8 didnt because of the battle system, well nuts to them cause it actually gave you incentive to try other methods of powering up your characters other than the traditional mindless grinding of its predesesors.

Alright now you've done it. FF8 is the most underrated and the only contender imo with ff7. Its the only ff to realistically depict its characters in depth with their personalities and overall development. The entire world is beauitfully crafted and everything is very unique. One of the best mini games of all the FF series which has the potential to make you incredibly powerful IF you put the time and effort into playing it, which can add a good 20+ hours of gameplay. FF12 was an alright game, except for the fact its story was lifted from Star Wards and all the characters with the exception of Balthier+Fran, are absolutely terrible - in both design and personality. The world map is inspired, the battle system refreshing, the world map amazing, but for me the only reason I havnt replayed it is because the story and characters are dirt, especially compared to VIII. How can you even say that 12 is even 'far' better than 8? Why even bring it up at all? Most of the people who didn't like 8 didnt because of the battle system, well nuts to them cause it actually gave you incentive to try other methods of powering up your characters other than the traditional mindless grinding of its predesesors.
    As much as I love Final Fantasy VIII I have to admit its story and characters are not that compelling. Certain amount of intrigue is there, but sadly it's drowned in cheesy teen romance. Squall and Rinoa heavily overshadow other characters, so much so if it wasn't for that cringeworthy scene when they finally regain their memory regarding the orphanage (even though Irvine never lost it to begin with but choose not to speak of it the entire time, God knows why) a lot of main characters would be completely, utterly irrelevant, and even then a lot of them are just there. Not to mention how shallow villain Ultimecia is.

Speaking of villains, XII has one with actual personality and depth, one with genuine motives. You have to give it to Vayne, he's unlike any other villain prior to him. And as much as people don't like Vaan he still has more development and relevance than Zell, Selphie, Irvine, and sadly my favorite FF VIII character, Quistis, combined. Final Fantasy XII is clearly inspired by Star Wars which is not necessarily a bad thing, though I feel its story is different. You have your usual conflict, good vs evil, even though evil itself is not what it seems, but behind that is something bigger, bigger than said conflict, even bigger than characters themselves, and that's something Star Wars lacks. Speaking of the overall conflict, it's dark, gritty, mature, full of unexpected twists and turns, most importantly no teen love story. That's why I feel FF XII has better story and characters compared to VIII.

All subjective of course, these things always are.

Well call me a sucker for enjoying love stories then. *hmmf*

General Leo is a playable character killed by the villain. and that's in FF6.

Looks like Xan did that for me. FF8 imo has always been the "WOW LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS" Final Fantasy. It's just the "cool" Final Fantasy to me...it just looks good.

I like every Final Fantasy, I stopped "hating" but I will compare them. I apologize if any of this came off as hate.
    I can only Rank a Top 5 before it starts becoming stupid.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast