Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian?

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Re: Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian?

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNING_71013 View Post
    lol. i think you've also mistaken me for a male.
    Hmm...I had the distinct impression that there were no gals on the Internet... I mean, the rules of the Internet can't be wrong, can't they...?

Seriously this time; that kinda stuff happens because of the username. Even if Lightning is a girl...
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

The Mad God Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? Heartless Angel's Avatar

I too often make the mistake of using male pronouns based on that rule... But then I also frequent a place where this rule is law. I'd tell you where, but I'd be breaking 2 other Rules of the Internet in the process.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Hmm...I had the distinct impression that there were no gals on the Internet... I mean, the rules of the Internet can't be wrong, can't they...?

Seriously this time; that kinda stuff happens because of the username. Even if Lightning is a girl...
    huh? so girls are supposed to be here???...i'm just kidding. its no big deal. so now you know and doesnt that changes everyones perspective of LIGHTNING_71013?

SOLDIER 3rd Class Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? Copperfire's Avatar

*reads the thing about no girls on the internet*

*goes to read the internet rules, which she had never heard of until this moment*

*comes back and thinks they're dumb anyway, and then recalls something about there being no rules in certain circumstances, so figures the internet rules can therefore be ignored as well*

*goes back to being happy*

Quote Originally Posted by Copperfire View Post
    *reads the thing about no girls on the internet*

*goes to read the internet rules, which she had never heard of until this moment*

*comes back and thinks they're dumb anyway, and then recalls something about there being no rules in certain circumstances, so figures the internet rules can therefore be ignored as well*

*goes back to being happy*
    wow... talk about learning something today. i cant believe thats a RULE on the internet. but like you said "no rules in certain circumstances, so figures the internet rules can therefore be ignored as well*"

goes back to being happy.

The Mad God Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? Heartless Angel's Avatar

But Rule 101 clearly states: The internet is always right. No exceptions.

Aaaaaaaanyways, way off topic.

Glad to know it was my signature that sparked the confusion
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Rune Knight Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? Trodorne's Avatar

I don't know why anyone would pick either a clown, a mamas boy, a woman who wears her hair like she came back from the stables, or even a prissy monkey man. a true villian is about adapting, and ALWAYS causing trouble for the heroes even if they fail, but they will come back and strike just as hard. of course Im referring to....

the imp. this diabollical menace has plagued every world from the beginning oh yes it has changed its name and face, but the hideousness which is the the imp still remains at large. fail as they will but relentless is their pursuit not for power, but for sheer annoyance.

SOLDIER 3rd Class Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? Copperfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    I don't know why anyone would pick either a clown, a mamas boy, a woman who wears her hair like she came back from the stables, or even a prissy monkey man. a true villian is about adapting, and ALWAYS causing trouble for the heroes even if they fail, but they will come back and strike just as hard. of course Im referring to....

the imp. this diabollical menace has plagued every world from the beginning oh yes it has changed its name and face, but the hideousness which is the the imp still remains at large. fail as they will but relentless is their pursuit not for power, but for sheer annoyance.
    Riiiiight!

I suppose minor villains count too, since it doesn't mention it has to be the main villains as the focus for discussion.

if that's the case... Malboros earlier in the game get my vote. Before you're ready for them and have immunity to status ailments. I've never lost to one before, but they're such a collosal waste of time and effort when they get the first move and of course, use bad breath. The usual response is sitting and waiting for him to wake someone up with an attack... then waiting for them to come out of beserk/confusion/both... THEN finally getting into your items and finding a remedy, then spending a couple more turns using them on the whole party... just so the little bastard can use bad breath again. I remember my first malboro... I went through this exact process. As soonas i saw "bad Breath" at the top of the screen the second time, my eye just started twitching... then I started screaming gibberish, and in spite of the upcoming boss, decided to waste my limit breaks on it. I felt much much better afterwards. Then I took 3 steps... and can you guess what I found? ANOTHER GOD DAMNED MALBORO!

Delivering fresh D&D 'brews since 2005 Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? T.G. Oskar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    But Rule 101 clearly states: The internet is always right. No exceptions.

Aaaaaaaanyways, way off topic.

Glad to know it was my signature that sparked the confusion
    More like having some light-hearted fun at your username. There's a secret in this forum that cannot be told, much like the Rule 1 and Rule 2 of the Internet.

In either case, while I have already stated that the ultimate villain of Final Fantasy is the Magic Pot, I wanna make a case for a boss that was unfairly ignored by the masses. I have the wholehearted belief that said creature should have been right there with Chocobo, Mog, Cactuar and Tonberry (and Magic Pot and Behemoth as well), but unfortunately it never had much traction.

The creature I refer to, of course, is this one:

Yes, Death Claw. Also known as "Iron Claw". I almost feel like adopting the poor creature; it has been relegated to oblivion along the references to mythological creatures, condemned never to gain the popularity of creatures with traction such as Cactuar, Tonberry and Magic Pot (oh, and Malboro). It even had a moment of fame, when it impersonated a sergeant in Final Fantasy V. Perhaps it was because of its claw-like appendages, or that adorable face only the Old Ones would admire? (Or those who are insane; I might probably delve into insanity as I write this, tho). Or maybe because it didn't have the key abilities that the others had (and Death Claw had the, well...Death Claw Blue Magic...)?

I'll never know. All I know is that poor Death Claw is suffering an eternal amount of torment because it hasn't been turned into a plushie, when creatures from other planes such as Slime, Pikachu or Prinny have done so.

Justice for Death Claws in all of Planet R and the Final Fantasy worlds!!
    Delivering scathing wit as a Rogue using Sneak Attack.

Pester me on the Giant in the Playground Forums if you really need me.

The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

'Tis a shame I can only place names now...:
    Silver, Omnitense, Govinda, Aerif, Meier Link,
    (whatever is the name of) The Stig, Grizzly, Fishie,
    Craven, Spiral Architect, Flash AND Froggie.

Spaces still available. Join today!!

Nomu-baka, this is FAR from over...:

I kinda miss Death Claws too now that you mention it...

Also, another class of enemies worthy of eternal loathing, Anything you encounter late game that knows lv 5 death.

Party: Oh, that thing looks weak, especially since I have a party full of level 100s!

Enemy: Lv 5 Death

Party: oh shi- *game over*

Galbadian Gunner Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? vicentederek's Avatar

Ozma. As humiliating as it sounds, I haven't defeated it yet. Go ahead, laugh.

You don't need a reason to help someone.
    Final Fantasy Girls

Did you go find the spirit things that ask for gems and crap? Each one you help weakens Ozma. After that, you can usually take him down just by spamming Doomsday when the right half is facing you, and Holy when it isn't.

Rune Knight Who do you think is the utimate FF Villian? Trodorne's Avatar

yeah like what the crap is up with ozma, its like the movers, its like they realized that yeah they are hard to hit but if you hit them they die fast. and delta attack takes too long cause chuck norris does not exist there. so they devise a way to kick the heroes butt by forming a magical shell where they are free to cast spells. unfortunately the materials they used are weak to this rare gem... so yeah.. did not expect people to find those.... little bit of a back fire.

apart from sephiroth, i think seymour would be my second choice. i couldnt stand the fact that he kissed yuna...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2