Thread: Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF?

Scourge of Esthar Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF? CrazedMonkey's Avatar

Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF?

For the guys:
    Favorites
    1-Squall-I enjoy his character development over the story and his all around personality. Plus, the gunblade is the coolest weapon ever
    2-Vincent-Dark and mysterious, genuinely interesting back story.
    3-Balthier (One of the only good things about 12 far as I'm concerned)-He is the James Bond of FF
    4-Cid Raines-Cool, collected, and one the few who was able take Light with next to no effort. Awesome.
    5-Kain-Conflicted character with good intentions. Also, he's a dragoon. He was even cooler in Dissidia 012
    Least Favorites
    1-Sephiroth-Overrated and boring as all get out. Also, who goes insane from JUST because they find out their mommy isn't human? lame.
    2-Vaan-Most boring protaganist ever. No personality, emotion in his voice. Nothing.
    3-Tidus-Whiny little bitch. Nuff said.
    4-Wakka-Every time he talks I feel the need to punch someone in the mouth.
    5-Cloud-Selfish, emo brat who can't take any responsibility whatsoever. (No idea what Tifa likes about him. I just can't figure that one out)

For the girls:
    Favorites
    1-Lightning-One of the most elite fighters in the military, kickass gunblade, crazy hot, and she laid Snow out how many times? Yeah, she's at the top for a reason.
    2-tie between Tifa & Rinoa-Love them both. Their personalities, their looks, their stories, everthing. Always have, always will.
    3-Fujin-I know she doesn't get a lot credit or anything but I thought she was fun. I liked her weapon and fighting style too. Can't help but find her attractive too.
    4-Fang-Sassy, strong, and funny. Her progression over the story was interesting too.
    5-Farris-Badass she pirate, always liked her.
    Least Favorites
    1-Scarlet-Annoying. Really, really, REALLY annoying
    2-Queen Brahn-Generally unlikable. I felt no pity when she died.
    3-Eiko-See Scarlet
    4-Penelo-Female version of Vaan (I know Shantoto used to be here but I had a change of heart)
    5-Jil Nahbaat-Crazy bitch

Feel free to throw your reasons out there if ya like, more power to ya if you do.
    Last edited by CrazedMonkey; 10-07-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Re: Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF?

I'm going only by playable characters here:

*The fellers*

Favorites:

1) Golbez (The After Years) - He just seems so dark and badass.
    2) Cloud (FFVII) - I like his look and his style.
    3) Shadow (FFVI) - In my opinion, the coolest character of FFVI. The dark ninja who works alone.
    4) Kain (FFIV) - He was one of the best things about FFIV. I like the fact he's a dragoon (they're cool) and I liked how he changed from good to bad because of being controlled.
    5) Zidane (FFIX) - I liked Zidane. It was nice to see a fun, upbeat main character again after the more depressed/closed off Cloud and Squall. He also has one of my favorite Final Fantasy lines, when he touches Garnet's butt and says "Ooh! Soft."

Least favorites:

1) Cait Sith (FFVII) - Most. Annoying. And. Useless. Character. EVER! 'Nuff said.
    2) Umaro (FFVI) - He's strong physically, but you can't control him or even equip him. To me, a character you can't control = useless.
    3) Vaan (FFXII) - Boring, plain, ugly, generic character with a voice that's just as bad.
    4) Hope (FFXIII) - He was like Vaan version 2.
    5) Edward (FFIV) - Weak character, both offensively and defensively. And a coward. He was SLIGHTLY better in The After Years, but not by much.

*The ladies*

Favorites:

1) Terra (FFVI) - She was powerful. I liked her personality and the fact she's half esper.
    2) Aeris (FFVII) - A really lovable character, sweet, caring and kind. I hated she had to die.
    3) Celes (FFVI) - Her beauty struck me (you know, for 16-bit graphics ). But yeah, that plus her backstory was nice.
    4) Porom (The After Years) - Porom was alright in FFIV, but when she grew up in The After Years, I really liked her. She was still nice. She is a powerful white mage and I love the pink hair!
    5) Garnet/Dagger - A nice, down-to-earth girl. I liked her whole backstory and her character development.

*Honorable mention to Ashe from FFXII. I also just wanna say I've never played FFX or it's sequel, but from the little I've seen, I think I already like Rikku. She's cute and seems...fun. I hear alot of people are annoyed by her, though.

Least favorites:

1) Penelo (FFXII) - Could a character be any more boring and plain?
    2) Selphie (FFVIII) - I hated her character and her hair.
    3) Krile (FFV) - I found her to be a really uninteresting replacement for Galuf. Not that Galuf was that great, either, but better than Krile.
    4) Relm (FFVI) - I don't hate her or anything, just find her pretty uninteresting.
    5) Quina (FFIX) - I personally think of Quina as a female, since the name just sounds more like a female name. I hated her on my first playthrough. My second time through, she grew on me a little, but I still have to put a fifth person here and I guess she takes the spot.

Ladies first:
    Lightning
    Fang
    Celes
    Fran
    Faris

Least liked:
    Shantoto
    Penelo
    Can't think of others I actually dislike...

Guys:
    Gabranth
    Auron
    Kain
    Zack
    Cecil

Least liked:
    Waka
    Kuja
    Larsa
    Vaan
    Hope

Tsuna Feesh Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF? Fate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Least liked:
    Waka
    Kuja
    Larsa
    Vaan
    Hope
    Mwahahahaha. My favourites. xD

Favourite Males:
    1: Hope - Anyone who knows me well enough will know my obsession. HOPE. <3
    2: Ziddy - Probably the character with the best personality. I love the optimistic, cheerful atmosphere that he brings.
    3: Luso - He was better than Marche, even though he has a strange sense of fashion. Plus, he's funny, too.
    4: Vaan - Ahaha, people hate him, but I actually liked him. So carefree, clueless, and one of few main protagonists who were not the center of the story. I didn't find him annoying, though.
    5: Larsa - I just liked the kid. I loved how he acted at the end. Badass.

Least Favourite Males:
    1: Snow - He needs to learn how to shut the hell up and ditch that pathetic hero attitude. SERIOUSLY. God, I despise him. Hope, if only that knife...
    2: Vayne - Worst villain ever. And his weapon sucks. A disgrace to all who use their fists as weapons. Tsuna knows how to do that well!
    3: Sephy - The most overrated character ever. He is the Metallica of Final Fantasy. And I hate him.
    4: Cloud - Along the same lines as Sephy. I just don't like him.
    5: Tidus - God, the most whiny character ever. All he does is bitch throughout the whole game.

Favourite Females:
    1: Fang - Most badass female character. That is all.
    2: Rydia - I loved her story and when she came back as adult Rydia. Very amazing character.
    3: Celes - The greatest knight character ever. I liked her better than Terra.
    4: Rikku - The greatest thief. Well, she ties with Ziddy. They both have that cheerful personality that you just have to love.
    5: Lulu - She's perhaps the most fitting Black Mage in the whole series. I love the gothic appearance, and she just is awesome by default. Though, she has very bad taste in men. Wakka? Pfft.

Least Favourite Females:
    1: Brahne - I hate her. I didn't feel sorry for her at the end. Die. Die. Die.
    2: Eiko - She is dreadfully annoying. I can't stand her.
    3: (Will Update)
    4: (Will Update)
    5: (Will Update)

Haha, I notice how many characters I like that are hated. XD

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF? Xanatos's Avatar

Favorite Guys:

Villains:

1. Kuja Tribal - gentleman, brilliant, and cunning tactician, powerful as well, one of the few villains in franchise who managed to accomplish his goals.
    2. Vayne Solidor - different kind of villain, one with noble cause. true diplomat, and brilliant tactician.
    3. Kefka Palazzo - man who fought the odds and won, "some men just want to watch the world burn" would be a perfect description.
    4. Judge Magister Gabranth - One of the few characters in Final Fantasy franchise that doesn't look like a fagot.
    5. Cid Demen Bunansa - by far the best version of Cid.

Protagonists:

1. Zidane Tribal - cheerful, brave, optimistic, outgoing, and laid back character, true hero, one that surpasses Kuja himself.
    2. Zack Fair - lived, and died as a true hero, man with heart of gold.
    3. Squall Leonhart - lone wolf at first, rude as well, changes for better over the time.
    4. Locke Cole - optimistic, and brave lad, despite his unfortunate background.
    5. Basch fon Ronsenburg - went through hell of torture just to come back stronger and even more faithful to his cause.

Honorable Mention:

- Vaan
    - Balthier, Ffamran mied Bunansa
    - Firion
    - Vincent Valentine
    - Zell Dincht
    - Laguna Loire
    - Vivi Orunitia
    - Adelbert Steiner
    - Auron
    - Ramza...

Least Favorite Guys:

1. Sephiroth - did nothing major through several medias, made poor mistakes for "brilliant" tactician, achieved popularity solely on looks, in other words overrated character.
    2. Cloud Strife - angsty teen, confused to say the least, it got even worse in Advent Children.
    3. Cid Pollendina - ugly, annoying, and for some strange reason he can cheat death.
    4. Palom - irritating little brat.
    5. Bartz Klauser - way too cheerful and optimistic for my taste.

Favorite Girls:

1. Quistis Trepe - hottest girl in Final Fantasy franchise, owner of most useful Limit Break, Blue Mages FTW.
    2. Terra Branford - calm, polite, shy, yet unbelievably powerful.
    3. Lulu - best black mage, gorgeous as well.
    4. Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca - strong, independent, and great leader.
    5. Beatrix - true paladin, female version of Basch.

Honorable Mention:

- Celes Chere
    - Tifa Lockhart
    - Freya Crescent

Least Favorite Girls:

1. Yuna, Rikku, Paine (X-2) - both Yuna, and Rikku annoyed me in X, they became even worse in X-2, if that's even possible.
    2. Yuffie Kisaragi - hated her ever since she stole my materia, she was annoying in Advent Children and Crisis Core as well.
    3. Eiko Carol - same as Palom, annoying little brat.
    4. LeBlanc - One out of dozen horrible characters in X-2.
    5. Lightning - loud, bossy, annoying in other words.

I'm not sure in which category should I put Quina Quen, whichever it is Quina is one of my favorite characters, useful yet underrated.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Rune Knight Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF? Trodorne's Avatar

Men
    Favorites:
    Steiner- Duty above all else. Its like an old man trapped in a 30 year olds body.
    Vivi- Sad, but so interesting for him to find purpose in life. cause its what we all look for.
    Edgar- He is a twin like me. so there for he holds a spot.
    Strago-The best old man in the series.
    Mog- Smart ass moogle, so cute and yet...so deadly.

Least:
    Cloud- Over rated hero with huge over compensation problems.
    Squall- Wants to talk about what makes him upset. "I burn roses to fill in the darkness in my heart"
    Sephiroth- over rated villain who does what his mother tells him to do.
    Vaan- Michael Jackson but with out a purpose in the game.
    hmmm so many to pick from.... I guess Hope- its amazing this kid survived life at all or even the game. just so useless.

Ladies
    Favorite:
    Eiko- I know what its like to grow up alone...
    Relm- reminds me of my niece.
    Beatrix- She is what a paladin should be.
    Porom (after years)- She really grew up in after years compared to the first game.
    Rydia- I cheered her on since she lost her home. developed into a great character.

Least:
    Tifa- Obviously too dumb to realize cloud is not into her.
    Aerith- Just a good old fashioned hippy who liked cloud cause it reminded her of Zack.
    Riona - Jumps from Seifer to Squall, she likes her men greasy and emotional.
    Vanille - Just never liked her from the get go. annoying voice
    Shanttoto - Huge B*%$#

All is One.One is All. Who are 5 favorite and least favorite men and women of FF? Firefly's Avatar

Favorite Guys:
    1.Squall(FFVIII)-Quiet,Mysterious,and Strong
    2.Laguna(FFVIII)-Hilarious,Cute,and Awesome
    3.Vivi(FFIX)-Sad but cute,strong,and Hopeful
    4.Hope(FXIII)-Soo Cute,Strong,and pure Awesomeness
    5.Zack(FFVIICC)-Hot,Strong,etc

Least Favorite Guys:
    1.Vaan(FFXII)-Just really didn't like this dude..at all
    2.Kimarhi(FFX)-He's alright,just not one of my favorites.
    3.Zell(FFVIII)-Found him VERY annoying.
    4.Brother(FFX-2)-HATE THIS GUY >.<
    5.Wakka(FFX)-Kindly annoying,and weak IMO

Favorite Girls:
    1.Yuna(FFX)-By far my favorite,strong,courageous,and brave.
    2.Rinoa(FFVIII)-Awesome,Strong,and Loving
    3.Rydia(FFIV)-Strong,Really Pretty,and pure KickAss-ness lol : )
    4.Lightning(FFXIII)-Bossy but uber strong,no fear,and fights for what she believes in.
    5.Garnet(FFIX)-Caring,Strong,and Brave

Least Favorite Girls:
    1.Rikku(FFX&X-2)-Annoying!!!! >.<
    2.Eiko(FFIX)-Just Didn't Like Her : /
    3.Ultimecia(FFVIII)-Total Witch with a capital B
    4.Porom(FFIV)-She's alright,but not one of my favs..
    5.Fang(FFXIII)-Fang is strong and all,but I didn't like her personaility : /
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Mwahahahaha. My favourites. xD

Haha, I notice how many characters I like that are hated. XD
    It's not that I hate, it's just that, well... Larsa...guy or girl???? Almost everything about the it can go either way.

As to the other two, I do dislike them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    Vanille - Just never liked her from the get go. annoying voice
    I think her cuteness and hotness more than made up for her (in my opinion, SLIGHTLY) annoying voice. I didn't like FFXIII much, but she was nice to look at. Same with Fang.