Thread: What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder?

Kai The Red Mage

What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder?

i'm playing The first FF (again! what good ff nerd would i be if i didn't?) and i see that the first spell is Fire, then Thunder, Blizzard, Fira, Thundera, Blizzera etc...and i just want to know whats the strongest spell? This Thread may have OPINIONS!!! you have been warned

Re: What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder?

Fire Ice and Bolt each do roughly the same amount of damage. It only differs when the enemy has Halved Fire or Ice or Bolt, or Weakness to either 3. Maybe it takes half the damage of Fire but is weak to Bolt and takes normal damage from Ice.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Master Garland's Avatar

From a absolute damage standpoint then Ice3(Blizzaga) is the strongest as a matter of fact here is a effectivity(spell power) list of those spells...

Fire1 = 10
    Lit1 = 10
    Ice1 = 20
    Fire2 = 30
    Lit2 = 30
    Ice2 = 40
    Fire3 = 50
    Lit3 = 60
    Ice3 = 70

NOTE they all also have an accuracy value of 24 so the chance for them to hit in their higher damage range is equal.

Registered User What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since OPINIONS (Garland) are allowed, I'm casting my vote for Lightning.

I don't really know why, but when I try to imagine getting hit by this stuff, a bolt of lightning sounds pretty threatening.
    Plus whenever my enemy has no elemental weakness and I still want to own it with magick I either use lightning or "KILL IT WITH FIRE!".

Black Wizard Lvl 16 Magic What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Master Garland's Avatar

Oh yeah, well that was going to be my next post. The strongest spell in my opinion would be Blizzaga anyway because it can be charged by lightning making it a double elemental and though it can be melted by heat but if fire itself touches ice the fire will die. Ice seems to trump the others; however if Rock Earth or Wind were involved here than they would be the victors IMHO.

Registered User What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? HUNK's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Garland View Post
    Oh yeah, well that was going to be my next post.
    Touche!

Anyway, yeah If we are gona add other elements for fun, I have to side with Holy. Nothing quite like Divine Retrebution raining down from the hevans to smite evil!

Quote Originally Posted by H.U.N.K View Post
    Touche!

Anyway, yeah If we are gona add other elements for fun, I have to side with Holy. Nothing quite like Divine Retrebution raining down from the hevans to smite evil!

Touches back haha

Yeah I love Holy as well it is such a beautiful attack it is actually one of my top loved spells in the series.

Registered User What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Locke4God's Avatar

I prefer Thunder Usually. A thunder resistant enemy seems to me to be more rare, than a fire or ice resistant enemy, and so it's more generally useful. I could be wrong about that, but it feels that way. Also I just think Thunder typically look better and they'll all do roughly the same damage.

Well obviously if the opponent has a weakness to a particular element that is usually the best one to choose as for most powerful in genral it depends on what game you are talking about. It all depends on different factors, Charcters Magic stat what level the magic is on (7+ Ice, Ice2, Ice3 8/9/10 Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzaga) and you also find that certain magics (non-elemental) such as Holy, Flare, Ultima are more powerful than elemetal spells overall.

Dalmascan princess What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? lady ashe's Avatar

to me ice is the best, i can imagining it freezing the foe completely, that hasnt happend yet but you never know...

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Final Fantasy Noob! What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? ZenMonkey59's Avatar

Depends on the enemy. Firaga may be the weakest of the level 3 spells, but it kicks the shit out of Undead.
    Final Fantasies I've Beaten: FFI, FFXIII

Currently Playing: FFIX

Dalmascan princess What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? lady ashe's Avatar

thats true, but i still prefer ice
    i didnt pick ice cuz it was the powerfullest

Ashe and Vaan forever

I roleplay Daisuke Niwa and DArk from DNANGEL and HAruhi Fujioka from OHSHC and also Ashe, so if anyone would like to RP with me just ask haha

My twitter - @Host_Haruhi

Juppiter Adept What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? TheNiteAngel's Avatar

I have to say in the broad scheme of things, there is a lot of balance between the three, but Thunder stacks up on top for me. Although the damage numbers for Ice seem to be higher, I find that in so many of the games, water is a huge part of the enemy base, lending weaknesses to the argument. Although on the same hand you could then say fire because of the high occurence of undead. Regardless, I still like Thunder because if I call them even damage and weakness-wise, I like the thunder animations better
    Own: Origins (I&II), III (DS), Chronicles (IV), Anthology (V&VI), VII, 7-DoC, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, Tactics, TA

Looking to Buy: TA2, and XII-RW

Haven't played: XIII, 7-CC, XIIRW, TA2

Complete: I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, X, MQ

-I am something of a perfectionist in that I don't consider a run through to the end a complete game. I have to complete everything possible.

Favorite non-FF RPG: Legend of Dragoon (Total Complete 8 times)

Current Goal: Bit of a break from Final Fantasy and into Kingdom Hearts. I've beaten Kh, Re:CoM, and I'm halfway through both KH2 and Days

___________ What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Kyreaan's Avatar

Well, the seven elements through the games (Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Wind, Earth, Water, Holy) were all pretty much depending on spell level. The damage is only worked by defense of the monster, magic attack level of the character, and spell level. Otherwise out of the classic three, there was a trend of less monsters being able to take Ice than Fire or Thunder. Since you mentioned the first Final Fantasy, I'll tell you that there are two places based off of Fire and Ice. You might want one character really strong in all three. Everything burns, and everything freezes.

Chrono Cores:

Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I would skip the part about it being a 100lb box set and consider the relative mass to converted energy for the staircase. The style I would first choose is to go for the Aeronaut legos and calculate relative time and distance to the axis points within the electromagnetic field that could cross over warping into a wormhole given enough density converted into energy by using the funnelled power of the sun. Enough power may be derived not from the sun, but from the mass of an artificial, contained black hole connected to a semi-quantum theorized single vacuum tube for energy wave processing. You cause youself to fold inward and then collapse in on itself, while rematerializing into another universe or within the same universe with the rest of your ship. Your reference points will be the nearby astrology of wherever you ended up, as well as the age of the nearby stars relative to your current star maps. Go ahead and give me a call or send me an email if I am considered for the position. Thanks. It was nice meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreaan View Post
    I am slapping this thread up for an update. There was a petition set up at Petition Spot for .hack//Link (PSP). It says it is needing 50,000 signers, but it looks like they are asking for only 100 right now. This is asking for either an English patch or an English release towards both NA and Europe regions. It is the last game of the entire series.

.hack//Link English Localization- Petition Spot

The first two series, for those of you who don't read or know, were 7 volumes total and all for PS2. There was also an 8th; it was called .hack//Fragment Offline. A lot of people didn't know that I bet. Has anyone read any .hack manga? If you don't plan on getting Link and instead prefer to read, I recommend at least trying out .hack//Link Manga- Read .hack//Link Manga Online for Free at Manga Fox. Let me know what you think.

I will save the world What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Hero without a Name's Avatar

although I love all 3, I found myself using fire as my main magic firepower (no pun intended). Specially in ff7 and in X, I used fire a lot for everything and it turned out to be my favorite magic. Ice and lighting are good too, depending on the enemy, but IMO in order of magic that I think is the best it goes in this order

1. Fire
    2. Thunder
    3. Ice

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

TFF's Resident Messenger What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMonkey59 View Post
    Depends on the enemy. Firaga may be the weakest of the level 3 spells, but it kicks the shit out of Undead.
    I like that the Fire Magic series could do that to the Undead. But I prefer to use the Dia Magic series in Final Fantasy I, and the Cure series and Life series to do that. Generally, Curing an Undead costs less MP that using the Fire series.

My personal favorite among the basic three (fire ice lightning) is ice. To be able to conjure up a shard of ice to pierce your enemy, or make an iceberg come out of the ground and freeze the enemy; well, it would pretty neat.

I like that, in Final Fantasy IX, it was possible to freeze your enemies, then touch them with an attacker like Eiko (one of the weaker ones physically), and kill them.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Passing fair judgement What's the best spell? Fire, Blizzard or Thunder? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Each spell has a specialty. I prefer Thundaga just because to me it's the coolest. Infact I've always been a fan of the Thunder magics even as the series progressed.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

They're all relatively equal in terms of damage, it just depends what type of enemy you're up against.

If you're asking about personal preference however, i would have to say Blizzard - i'm a sucker for the icy magic! xD
    Spoiler:
    My TFF Family:

My TFF girlfriend who hearts root beer - Chocobo_Lover 17
    My brother of honourable justice - Judge Magistrate
    My Canadian sister who travels the skies- R.Kyra
    My nameless brother of legend - Hero without a Name
    My brother, the Gunblade master - Lion Heart
    My supernatural sister of mysterious intrigue - belleZ