Thread: FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs.

Aspiring Author FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs. SeleneHime's Avatar

FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs.

All right - I'm looking at saving up for the PS edition games of Final Fantasy. I know I'll be able to pick up quite a few of them used, but the question is the quality of the games. So, the question is - Do you know of any good sources for the used titles?

VII
    VIII
    IX
    X
    X-2

And then there is another issue - The family PS1 died a long time ago (probably too much Need4Speed ...), so I'll need the system to go with the games, too. Should I buy a refurbished PS2, or splurge for a PS3?

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Everyone needs a savior FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs. the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs.

well if you have a ps3 you can by 7-9 on psn for ten bucks each you can find a god condition version of all of them on eay except maybe 7 10 and 10-2 off ebay 7 will be hard to find cheap cuz it is worth so much unless you get it off of psn if you get them off psn im thinking probably 60 for 7,8,9,10,and 10-2 if not probably anywhere from 60-100

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs. ZantetsukeN's Avatar

If you are wanting to play X and X-2, then it's no good getting a PS3. PS3s do not play PS2 games. However, you will be able to download VII, VIII and IX through the Playstation Store if you got one.

Here in the UK, PS2s are dirt cheap. You can find one second hand for about £30-£40.

Watch out for the prices on VII, VIII and IX. They can be very expensive. When I had to buy a new copy of VIII and IX, they came to £40 for the two, which is pretty cheap to today's prices. VII can be even more expensive, you just have to know where to look. eBay perhaps is the best place.

FFX and X-2 are cheap. I just found a copy of each for £5 all together.

You are perhaps looking at about £100+ for the lot (or whatever that is in dollars, wherever it is you live).

Hope I helped

Aspiring Author FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs. SeleneHime's Avatar

Hmm ... So cross the PS3 off of my list. At least the PS2 is cheaper. (Less to save when I can get a job.) From what I've seen, the refurbished PS2s are roughly $60ish.

Ouch ... And considering they stopped making those games ... I might be hard pressed to find an affordable copy, much less one in good condition. Sounds like VII-IX will have me bargain hunting. But, maybe I'll get lucky with X and X-2. The online Gamestop store carries X for about $9 and X-2 for $4, so I could get out easy with those ...

So it looks like I'm looking at probably ... $130, on average? That's going to be expensive. (Not to mention getting PS2 memory cards and controllers, since I doubt refurbished ones come with one.) Well, I'd better get saving. >_>

Library
    SPOILER!!:
    Fan Works:
    LoZ: Crescent Light Chronicles
    LoZ: Into the Shadows
    PKMN: Chronicles of Erana
    PKMN: Dragon Knight
    PKMN: Rising Darkness
    SM: Celestial Shadows
    FF: TBD (Title To Be Decided)

Original Works:
    Mageblood
    Shades of Gray
    Leaute: The High One

Scourge of Yggdra (Triology)
    SoY Extras

Miscellaneous Collection (Short Works):
    Poetry & Songs
    Oneshots
    Freewrites & Fragments
    Drabbles
    Skits

Art:
    Selection of Sprites
    Art and Doodles

Everyone needs a savior FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs. the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

use ebay simple as that

Lady Succubus FF VII through X-2 - Estimated costs. Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually PS3s can play PS2 games, you just need to find a backwards compatible one, and since those aren't made anymore, they're going to be a bit hard to find and expensive when you do find.

I recommend buying a PS2 slim. They're pretty cheap. And FF7 is like, 34$ used on amazon right now. PS2 slim is 100$ or 50$ used, FF8 is 13$ on sale right now, and FF9 is 12.10$ on sale right now.

Blog Entries

you can find cheaper versions of any game on ebay but amazon always has better quality there is an auction right now with ff7 for less then 10 bucks many ff8 auctions for less the 20 and many ff9 auctions for less then 20 memory cards arent that expensive you can buy all of that stuff at walmart for pretty cheap since people now a days go just for ps3 stuff