Thread: What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy??

Became A Hero What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? ZantetsukenZack's Avatar

What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy??

There are actually numerous little things I have learned from playing so much FF,still not that big but something..

Roman Numerals- For sure. before FF X I didn't know how to read them, but after having to find all of the Al Bhed primers I figured it out as I played.

Bazzar- I felt all smart one day because for some weird reason no one in my clas knew what a Bazzar was and it happened to be a main part of the story we were reading..I forget the name of the story.. bu that came from FF XII. I didn't know what that was either until I played and realized it's a strip of markets.

Bigss and Wedge-Since I dont really watch star wars I never knew that they were actually characters and existsed outside of final fantasy.I just assumed they were an inside joke between the makers seeing as how the are in like almost every one.

Quetzacotal..( not really something I learned but..)-there was this guy in my art class that created this crazy peice that had him in it and I had to save him from getting chewed out about it because he couldn't remember the name. I only knew beacuse I remembered it was only FFVIII that had him. And he said "something with a 'Q'..."

speaking of summons, where do the aeons like Bahamut ect. actually come from??? I know they are not just made up...

I know theres more but i'll just update later...
    Last edited by ZantetsukenZack; 08-17-2009 at 10:53 AM.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZantetsukenZack View Post
    There are actually numerous little things I have learned from playing so much FF,still not that big but something..

Roman Numerals- For sure. before FF X I didn't know how to read them, but after having to find all of the Al Bhed primers I figured it out as I played.

P.s. where do the aeons like Bahamut ect. actually come from??? I know they are not just made up...

I would suggest you to go on Wikipedia and search a little bit because many eidolons come from various religions and mythology. You'll be shocked but Bahamut is a vast fish that supports the earth in Arabian mythology and Odin is considered the chief god in Norse paganism and the ruler of Asgard

As for you question, only thing that comes to my mind is that I improved little my English by playing FF. As for Roman Numerals didn't you learn those in school, I know I did.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Registered User What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? Yesha's Avatar
    I've Learned many things too..

*I remember we were discussing about Indian Gods on our WorLd History Lesson, and "Shiva" was one of them..

*I Learned more how to cherished friendships, and good memories too..

*I Learned how to fight for rights and to fight in good ways.. :-)
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Protecter of the Crystals What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? rydia123's Avatar
    I played ff from when I was very little.

So I absorbed a lot of stuff in my soft little boy brain.

Roman numerals was one thing I learn.

Final fantasy helped with my reading and vocab a whole lot when I was littler
    Haha I kinda struggled
    Its a madhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAA MADDDHOUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Became A Hero What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? ZantetsukenZack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatos-444 View Post
    I would suggest you to go on Wikipedia and search a little bit because many eidolons come from various religions and mythology. You'll be shocked but Bahamut is a vast fish that supports the earth in Arabian mythology and Odin is considered the chief god in Norse paganism and the ruler of Asgard

As for you question, only thing that comes to my mind is that I improved little my English by playing FF. As for Roman Numerals didn't you learn those in school, I know I did.
    Woah! I knew they came frome some Mythologies but I wasn't sure which ones,every time I searched I got something different, That expains it thanks.

and for the Roman Numerals, strangely no I didn't...either that or I just wasn't paying attention ha!!
    Last edited by ZantetsukenZack; 08-17-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Che
    Yeah, pretty much all the Summons/Eidolons/Whatever you want to call them are based off of Gods or some sort of Mythology. I guess this would be the first thing that would come to mind of what I've learned by playing Final Fantasy. It rarely comes up, but if someone asked me who Shiva was I'd have an answer for them that I wouldn't normally if I didn't play.

Boredness rules us all What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? Midnight Panda's Avatar
    i have learned that no matter how much you hate a npc they cant be killed! Imy numerous hours spent trying to cast thunder on them)
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

Selkie in training What did you learn from playing Final Fantasy?? Silver Spyro's Avatar
    ..... Too much to count.
    Call me Silver.