Thread: Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8*

I will save the world Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8* Hero without a Name's Avatar

Question Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8*

I have finally defeated Final Fantasy 8 *waits for applause*.....thank you thank you. Anyways, I defeated Ultimecia, and I'll be honest it wasn't easy...but I defeated her with magic and physical attacks. Nevertheless, I was thinking....this boss was pretty intense, yet no one really talks about her. How come?

The fact that her name is difficult to spell is one...then again so is Sephroith (probably didn't spell it right). But let's go down the list shall we.

-She's a sorreceres that has the power to control time

-She holds the most powerful GF in the game which *SPOILER ALERT* looks like a mix of Bahamut and Ifrit

-In her final form, her first attacks almost kills you instantly and scares the crap out of any gamer

-Her persistence to take over people to get what she wanted and destroying anything in her path is admirable...and she did it for her own selfish desires.

Bottom line is, she was a good boss, a rather evil boss. Granted you don't see her for most of the game. In the older final fantasies like VII and IX, you see the final boss all the time, well IX had an exception but only those who played the game will understand I don't want to spoil anything.

My point is, Ultimecia is an evil final boss and could probably destroy anyone at anytime, she has the power to control time, she could freeze you and then throw needles at you. Anyone who has the power to control time can be the best villian, no matter how good you are with a sword or with magic, if you can't move....you're pretty much screwed. I personally like her, is she my fav ff villian ever? The answer would be no. Mine is Garland from FF1 for many reasons....specially because in Dissida he has an awesome weapon but I find it cool how he is, once again won't do any spoilers but I think he's cool.

Anyways, is she underrated? Is she rated enough? Is she a good final villan? As good as the final fantasy characters are, you always need someone evil to bounce off of them. Like the Joker and Batman, that's why everyone loves the Joker, you got a crazy guy to bounce off...well the freaking Batman...anyways I'm getting off topic. What do you think TFFers?

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

Re: Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8*

I don't think she is underrated. She can survive like 3 Lion Hearts?
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I will save the world Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8* Hero without a Name's Avatar

Re: Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8*

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I don't think she is underrated. She can survive like 3 Lion Hearts?
    She can I can vouch for that, but when people talk about villans from FF, no one ever brings her up. Why?

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8* Xanatos's Avatar

A good villain is not defined by his/hers power, rather what he/she can and has achieved with it. Some might say Ultimecia did poorly in that regard, but when you look at her overall goal, her position and the fact that she managed to pull off time compression, even though it was only for a short notice, she did more than well. I appreciate her as a brilliant mastermind, she proved to be resourceful several times during the game, and she can deal quite a punch, just look what happened to the planet on which she resides. The only thing that bugs me though is lack of proper background.

Battle wise, probably one of the best if not the best final boss in Final Fantasy franchise. She is my fourth favorite villain as far as series goes, right behind Vayne, Kuja, and Kefka, which is not really an accomplishment since all other villains suck ass.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Ultimecia is powerful, but it's not like she can pull off Time Compression whenever she wants to. I think it requires a huge amount of preparation to do something like that. She can't freeze everyone in time whenever she feels like it, imo. Otherwise, FF8 wouldn't be completable.

IMO, she's still the strongest villain of FF series because of the Time Compression thing.
    Last edited by Odin1199; 10-22-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Boxer of the Galaxy Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8* Rowan's Avatar

I fought her at level 16 and killed her with one hit first form, about 5 hits second form, a lionheart 3rd form also destroyed the 4th one as well (She transformed and immediatly died) and the final form, well thats always a bitch.

Passing fair judgement Ultimecia....most underrated final boss?? *forum may contain spoilers from FF8* Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Ultimecia is actually one of those few final bosses I didn't have issues with. While I respect her as a final boss and all, I just didn't find her as hard as some of the other bosses I've fought. I did like how she could control time though, that was an interesting aspect to the game for me.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

It depends on how hard you are and how well you are junctioned for me my characters levels are maxed and all the stats, status attack and defense, elemental attack and defence are all junctioned so Ultimecia is no problem when you are this hard. Also if you have got the Gilgamesh card and use Card Mod you get 10 Holy Wars which makes you invincible for a time so if you use this Ultimecia is a breeze!!!