Thread: What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy

Registered User What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy Locke4God's Avatar

What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy

What do you want from any upcoming FF title?

I want a few things;

1. I want a large main party. 10 characters or more reminiscent of the older games
    2. I want more oddball characters, a gnomn, or dwarf, or elf, or a Red XIII, or Mog, or Urunga or whatever the snowman's name was in 6, in my party. Several of them in fact.
    3. I need a world ending scenerio, which most games tend to have anyway, but give it a hard core, we are majorly screwed if we don't win kind of feel.
    4. I want some main character deaths
    5. I want those main characters to come from different places in the world like in 4, or 6, or 7, but not like in 8 or 10 when they were all together from the start
    6. I want a somewhat more oldschool feel. I like the sci-fi, but I'm ready again for a classic feel. Gimme Steam-Punk at least
    7. And finally, give me an evil, evil, evil boss. I want Kefka. I want Zeromus. I want Sepheroth. I want a world dominating, I will kill anything that stands in my way, hardcore mo-fo.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 03-23-2011 at 12:14 PM.

.............. What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy smurphy's Avatar

Re: What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy

In an ideal world first and foremost some towns to explore and shops to buy stuff in like in the pre XIII installments would be nice. I also thought that XIII was stuck somewhere inbetween a cyberpunk and steampunk setting and considering they havent done a cyberpunk style one since VIII I think doing a pure cyberpunk one would be nice. I get very nostialgic when it comes to traditional world maps as well as drivable/flyable/pilotable vehicles so I think their return is long overdue. I know that Versus XIII goes a long way to remedy these ills but it would just be nice to see a return of the style of the late SNES and PS1 era FFs.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Winston S.Churchill

Let darkness overshadow the light.. What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy Angel of Iniquity's Avatar

I swore this has been done 3-5 times...

I want to be able to revisit areas so i can appreciate music.
    Non-linearity is already mentioned.
    Fantasy elements, not realistic fantasy(FF13 and versus)
    Color, vivid colors.
    Dungeons or caverns.
    Real bosses with real back storys.
    Minigame?
    I am content with 6 characters, but 8 would be nice.
    Destruction scene. This hasn't been done allot.
    I want the villain to flex his or her muscle.
    I want a female villain, but with power, real power, not intellect, vast power.
    No cyber-punk or steam punk, which is the reason why I hate FF7, and FF6 kinda fails for me.
    FF9 had nice fantasy elements, had really nice colors, and had nice characters.
    FF12 had nice ideas with open areas tho the open areas were to monotonous.
    FFX had a nice feel to it, always keeping the overall picture in mind.
    A set story throughout. The more the story shifts, the more the player has to think, which can be good at times, it can make the player care less.

Your pathetic existence will shut down. I will make your lives end in ruin. Fear me, as you fear death. Not a threat, not a promise, but what must be finished. 7 final arcs...

Badass Military Agent What You WANT in the next Final Fantasy Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

Yeah this has been done already a few times, but I'm not a mod, I can only say hey don't do that... bad boy.

Anyway I want 3 of the most important things EVER!!!

MOST IMPORTANT EVER!!!!

I want a main character thats ruthless, doesn't give a crap about anyone, and travels in 2 separate parties (The other party can have as many sentimental characters as they want) the entire game until they end up together at the end to fight the same boss and then off he goes again. I don't want more sentimental characters, it's killing me... Of course if a supporting character was as cool as the MC, then yeah I would allow that to happen considering he doesn't ruin the MC's personality

LESS THAN MORE IMPORTANT EVER BUT STILL RIGHT THERE!!!!

As stated in the first post.... I want more Main Character deaths, people need to start dying nowadays. Developers need to realize everything doesn't have a happy ending. If I start a game with 8 characters, i want to have 4 by the credits, plain and simple

MORE IMPORTANT THAN LESS THAN MORE IMPORTANT BUT STILL RIGHT THERE!!!!

Also stated in the first post, I want an evil evil EVIL!!!! Antagonist, so evil that your gonna think he's the exact twin of my MC described in the post above. I want another Kefka, killing random people, splitting the world in half, trying to extinct the race of Espers, just an all-around everyone must die person. In conjunction with my 2nd less than important post, he will also be the reason 4 of the supporting character cast will die, because he is ruthless, no more of this *Hey I'm gonna fight you guys now but if you beat me, I will just say I was playing and next time it's gonna be real* nonsense, the first time they encounter him, he's gonna kill someone for interfering in his plans and them barely escaping...

Those are the 3 most important things I'm looking forward to, not just in the next FF game but in any RPG willing to take a step away from the average stuff and dare to be more extreme.

Also even if the gameplay and graphics was horrible those 3 important things will still have me coming back for more.
    Last edited by Linus Li Lelouch; 03-23-2011 at 04:09 PM.

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Blog Entries

I want pretty much everything Locke's already mentioned-particularly the part about a large cast that isn't already set at the start of the game, AND some characters like Mog, Freya, or Cid from FF4-and smurphy's bit about towns. More NPC's, plz! Like, ones to care about, who actually effect the plot for more than just a couple of minutes. I'd also like to get back to a more fantastical setting, a la 9. Or maybe a steam punk setting like in 6, or even Tactics. 6 was my favorite, so...

Everything they did in 13, I want them to take a step back from, essentially. It was too linear, all of its attention was on the main party and practically none was on the world around them, and in spit of having special powers and inhuman strength, they all just felt like fairly ordinary human beings. I want some oddball characters, characters with real checkered pasts, tension in getting along due to differences in culture or backgrounds, learning to overcome those differences, etc.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, Fang and Vanille came from Gran Pulse, but they didn't seem to have that different a culture. They very easily fit in with the rest of the cast. And yeah, Lightning didn't get along with anyone at first, but that was because she was a bitch.

Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom