• Tactics Series

1 4.35%
  • Other

8 34.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever??

Chocobo Queen Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Katpuss's Avatar

Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever??

In your opinion what is the worst game ever released under the Final Fantasy name?

It would be interesting to know what we all think.

Katpuss x
    Vanille: "Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now"
    Lightning: "It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do"

Cloud of Darkness: "We are the Cloud of Darkness...None shall stand before the flood of darkness. With it, we will bring the Void to this world, and your world of light as well..."
    Luneth: "We won't let you! Not if we have anything to say about it!"

Cloud: "And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off"
    Aerith: "...I'll rip them off"
    Tifa: "I'll smash them"

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Xanatos's Avatar

Re: Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever??

Final Fantasy V as far as main series goes, horrible characters and story to say the least, gameplay and music on the other hand almost made up for it, almost. Same goes for Final Fantasy X-2, however, where some elements of Final Fantasy V made me finish that game Final Fantasy X-2 has none, I fear. It was pretty bad and unnecessary sequel in every possible way. I'm also not really fond of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, then again I was never really into tactics games.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Death Before Dishonor Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the the XIII duo is by far the worst. There was not a single thing that I can honestly say that I liked about the two. Did not beat either one, and never will.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I voted VII

I loved it the first time I played it. But after I beated VI a year after, I could see how much they took from VI to make VII (story-wise, not gameplay) and I realised how much better VI was.

VII is by no mean bad, BTW, it's still the worst.

I voted VIII because if you get hit by a ice spike you should die. Teenagers doing that stuff? Blasphemy!

Since I never played X-2, just saw someone play it I'm not even voting. I voted for Tactics Advance, since Tactics original and remake are by far one of the greatest FF games, yet it's some kind of sequel isn't.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Final Fantasy III DS you would think that a remake would make the game better not worse.
    It felt really flat, the music even though it's more modern didn't really give the game any boosts and the characters were just cut-outs of cliches and stereotypes.

Also it was insanely unforgiving and and stressful.

FF3 the original feels better because it has excuses for it's flaws and the beginning feels more fun.

Spoony Bard Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? TheRedBard's Avatar
    In Walse, but I take skiing vacations to Narshe once a year.
    I personally voted for other at first thinking of the tactics sequels but later remembering Mystic Quest.

As for the other games, I know I don't hold VII to be my personal favorite, but I wouldn't consider it to be the absolute worst of the entire series. I like V the most, due to its engrossing gameplay, but I don't relentlessly compare it to other titles in the series as far as things like character development and story go. I doubt all Final Fantasy titles were meant to be made identical to each other. Each game has its highlights and drawbacks. In a nutshell, comparing games excelling in gameplay and games excelling in story is like comparing apples and oranges.

Mystic Quest, however, has nothing of worth in it, so that's why i consider it to be the worst FF game. It didn't bring anything memorable to the series and it didn't have any outstanding aspect.
    Nothing like 16-Bit Final Fantasies. Nothing.

Boxer of the Galaxy Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Rowan's Avatar
    Saying VII is the worst in the series is utterly retarded. Theres a reason its the most successful game in the franchise. The one thing that it cannot possibly be is the worst game in the series.

Queen Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Crescent's Avatar
    What the flying FK..FFVII the worst??! It doesn't have to be your favourite but saying its the worst..LO motherfkn L. Your getting confused with its fanbase. I don't give a shit bout that now. Now FFXIII- Most God awful piece of a polished turd. Cannot fkng believe they're making a 2nd sequel, but when I want a good laugh I'll think of that.

Registered User Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? lovehearty42's Avatar
    I guess now isn't the time to mention that I've been grinding in FFV to take on The Sealed Temple...

...at any rate, if I had to pick a worst, I'd have to categorize them. FF:MQ is the worst over all. It is an annoying game with very little incentive to keep one going. FFIII had the worst story. It was just... peculiar. FFVII had the most annoying music. The composition was wonderful, but the synthesis was awful. FFXIII had the worst gameplay. The battle graphics were very nice, but the battles themselves were set up all kinds of wonky. The Paradigm system left a person feeling very limited with how they could set up their party, as well as the level of control a player has over the actions of the party.

No... wait... FFXIII-2 had the worst story. It was a shiny rip-off of "Chrono Trigger" with elements of FFXIII (which had a very compelling, enjoyable story with an ending that tied up all the loose ends, except maybe saving Vanille and Fang). To me, a sequel to FFX made more sense, because it brought everything at the end of FFX full-circle. That, and FFX-2 just had a lot of throw-away comedy lines that made the game more fun, like Paine complaining about the dress sphere you chose for her, or Rikku explaining the situation the party was in as "Disasteriphic!" It was a fun, light-hearted game that fits in with the story and spirit of FFX, whereas FFXIII-2 seemed incredibly forced.

FFXIII by far the worse still in process of competing it but I can't motivate myself to play it FFXIII-2 is still in its cellophane wrapping and has been for about 2 months now!

I think what happened with FFXIII is that its creators happened to have poorly executed a game based off of a rather interesting world. I think the characters and places in FFXIII are interesting, but the game it comes with doesn't bring it full justice. Perhaps the guys at SE are just desperately trying to come up with something that will bring their original intentions justice. XIII still did bring something to the table, though, so it has value in some sense, unlike MQ. MQ's existence is almost unacceptable.

Ayyye Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be cliche, 11, 12, 13 etc lol for the main series. I liked the tactics games though, but the fact that TA2 has become a 12 sequel just makes me not even want to look at it. As for my least favorite games, VII and VIII most likely. Cloud and Squall mainly killing it for me, too damn angsty and whiny for me. Both games could have been quite good if it weren't for the main characters...

I still rank VII high on my favorite list though. The issues with it are:

1-Too many spinoffs, no, a ridiculous amount of spinoffs.
    2-A fanbase containing illiterate, unintelligent fanboys who know nothing whatsoever about FF. Although legitimate, knowledgable fans do exist, these are often overshadowed by the former.
    3-Cloud's evolution as an icon. The original FFVII Cloud was, in my opinion, a rather interesting character. Nothing in the game really pushed the 'emo', 'whiny', 'angsty' archetype...not until Advent Children. I like to pretend that FFVII's story was done and over with at the end of FFVII, and that AC was just something SE dreamed up but never existed.

Let me share a bit of info here, relating to point 3: Apparently, SE has become a bit of a people-pleaser. They must tailor everything to fit and please their largest demographic. Sadly enough, their largest demographic at the moment happens to love whiny angsty soulless characters because they're deep and sophisticated. This trend started prominently around FFVIII with Squall, who was clearly angsty from the start, but has reemerged in XIII. Remember Vanille and Lightning? Well at first, Lightning was supposed to be happier, but all her happy traits were carried over to Vanille to leave Lightning's personality a serious, angsty mess. Look up her wiki page.

All in all, if Cloud's character wasn't ruined, all people could really have against his game would be the spinoffs and the illiterate fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBard View Post
    Sadly enough, their largest demographic at the moment happens to love whiny angsty soulless characters because they're deep and sophisticated. This trend started prominently around FFVIII with Squall, who was clearly angsty from the start, but has reemerged in XIII. Remember Vanille and Lightning? Well at first, Lightning was supposed to be happier, but all her happy traits were carried over to Vanille to leave Lightning's personality a serious, angsty mess. Look up her wiki page.
    That's why we have the leading man, to remind us that not every FF character has to be angsty. In fact, I daresay FFXII didn't have any agnsty characters.

艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? ZantetsukeN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBard View Post
    I still rank VII high on my favorite list though. The issues with it are:

1-Too many spinoffs, no, a ridiculous amount of spinoffs.
    2-A fanbase containing illiterate, unintelligent fanboys who know nothing whatsoever about FF. Although legitimate, knowledgable fans do exist, these are often overshadowed by the former.
    3-Cloud's evolution as an icon. The original FFVII Cloud was, in my opinion, a rather interesting character. Nothing in the game really pushed the 'emo', 'whiny', 'angsty' archetype...not until Advent Children. I like to pretend that FFVII's story was done and over with at the end of FFVII, and that AC was just something SE dreamed up but never existed.

Let me share a bit of info here, relating to point 3: Apparently, SE has become a bit of a people-pleaser. They must tailor everything to fit and please their largest demographic. Sadly enough, their largest demographic at the moment happens to love whiny angsty soulless characters because they're deep and sophisticated. This trend started prominently around FFVIII with Squall, who was clearly angsty from the start, but has reemerged in XIII. Remember Vanille and Lightning? Well at first, Lightning was supposed to be happier, but all her happy traits were carried over to Vanille to leave Lightning's personality a serious, angsty mess. Look up her wiki page.

All in all, if Cloud's character wasn't ruined, all people could really have against his game would be the spinoffs and the illiterate fanbase.
    Although the points you have made are right to a certain extent, none of those are issues with the game itself. FFVII is one of the most successful games of all time, so it was inevitable that Squeenix was going to milk their cash cow.

Although, when you think about it, there aren't really that many spin-offs. There was Crisis Core, Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus in terms of main games. So that's only 3 really. I have seen a lot of things get a lot more than that *cough*Star Wars*cough*.

On Topic:
    I knew there would be a few votes for X-2, XIII and VII (commence eyeroll sequence), but I'm saying one that no-one else has yet. FF2.

I never got into 2. I don't like the levelling system, the characters were not great (apart from the Emperor) and the story was pretty boring most of the way through. I just did not like that game, and for that reason, it's the only FF game I have never played through more than once.

Also, why is I and II included in 1 vote. Now everyone thinks I hate FFI :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    To be cliche, 11, 12, 13 etc lol for the main series.
    I get calling 13 a lol for the series. 11, I don't get, though. I LOVED playing FFXI! And I hope to be back online tomorrow! It's certainly a different experience, but the game had some beautiful cutscenes that backed up really awesome stories, as well as a gameplay experience that involved teamwork and challenge. Unfortunately, a lot of that challenge has been nerfed, though. When I get back on, I'm pretty much just going to finish out the main stories for the expansions, and then quit for good (unless they bring back things to encourage people to work together for things other than Abyssea, and at levels other than 99).

Memento Rhapso Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The worst one, in my opinion, is IX. I just really didn't like it. I mean, the music was great, but that was about it.

Yay everyone has opinions

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Scourge of Esthar Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? CrazedMonkey's Avatar
    VII, X, and XII hands down. Hated all three of them.
    You'll have your reward for finding me, and don't think of running off without collecting. My shot is faster, or my names not Balthier.

Chief Inspiring Officer Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For some reason, X-2 isn't in that pole, so I voted for 'other' to represent that one.
    I liked the game-play, but the story and lack of any playable male characters really, re-heely bothered me. I guess I didn't like Yuna losing her reserve and becoming as indecently dressed and brain-dead as Rikku.

Oddly, FF-2 wasn't that bad for me, but that's because I over-trained in the beginning and shot through the rest so fast my head didn't have time to remember it all (oops ).
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

My least favorites are mystic quest for snes, the gamecube version, 8, and I think its either 12 or 13 for Xbox 360. Ranking how much I hate those is impossible.

Mystic quest for the snes wasn't a free world, instead of forcing you to walk paths like it was super Mario world or something.

Whatever the name of the gamecube version was, it was a joke. 8 wasn't that good, and the one I'm referring to for Xbox 360 was another joke. I believe it's 13 but it could be 12. I haven't looked at it but for all of 3 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dynast-King Worst Final Fantasy Game Ever?? Lockduck's Avatar
    The Gamecube version was Crystal Chronicles. It wasnt that bad, but it was certainly forgettable.

The worst IMO is 10-2. Only one I haven't even come close to finishing.