Thread: Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013

The Old Skool Warrior Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

News Post Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013

Square-Enix joined Sony and a handful of developers in New York City this afternoon at Sony's 2013 PlayStation Meeting. While the hugely exciting news of the day is the official announcement of the PlayStation 4 system, Square-Enix had its own fantastic input to the delight of gamers worldwide.

Square-Enix decided to show us a realtime interactive demo - NOT a game, mind you, but an example of the new engine they're building for the PS4's fantastically developer-friendly technology. Sadly, this tech demo was Agni's Philosophy, which we have seen previously at last year's E3 Conference. Knowing that the Luminous engine is in development for the PS4 is nice, but it isn't quite what anyone was hoping to see.

And then the real news:

A new Final Fantasy title will be announced at E3 2013.

Queen Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Crescent's Avatar
    "Please be excited for E3 this year"..

trololol

ps: That pic of Noctis perfume that was tweeted earlier this week..take a closer look

Boxer of the Galaxy Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Rowan's Avatar
    What a prick. Gives us an old video of agnis philosophy and makes an announcement of an announcement.

anyway, its 1 of 2 things.

Its either Final Fantasy Versus, or ff7 remake.

They remade FFVII, Rowan, it's on Steam.

I don't think it'll be Versus XIII, they have announced that game before. I'm hopefully for the revival of that Ivalice game! but I doubt that. Lets hope for FFXV and that it's revolutionary but still somewhat original.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Its either Final Fantasy Versus, or ff7 remake.
    Or, if we're really lucky, "Final Fantasy XIII-4: Hope's a little bitch", fingers crossed.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Pondering life's mysteries since '91 Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Recluse Writer's Avatar
    I'm hoping it's a more in-depth look at Versus XIII, possibly even some world map gameplay. I'm curious to see the supposed world map features that they're planning on implementing into the game. Hopefully it's a bit more immersive than X's select location map.

On the other hand, i have no objections to another Ivalice Alliance game. It's been a while and i feel like stretching my legs in that amazing mythical world xD

The Quiet One Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They did say a new FF title. So it is not likely going to be something that they have already talked about or announced previously. This is likely going to be Final Fantasy XV, which is going to be built on the luminous engine, which considering how long they've been making Versus, I doubt it is using luminous. It seems pretty weird for them to show up and present an already seen tech demo from last year and do nothing but say come to E3 for the real news. Why show up if you don't have anything to present?
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Boxer of the Galaxy Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    They remade FFVII, Rowan, it's on Steam.
    TROLL!

oh well you hooked me.

this is taken from steam version

Best remake ever.

Ayyye Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy XV: The War on Terror

Queen Square-Enix teases new Final Fantasy at Sony's PlayStation Meeting 2013 Crescent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    this is taken from steam version

Best remake ever.

Best. Remake. Ever.

It has to be Final Fantasy XV. It can't be the Final Fantasy VII remake because then why would they call it new ? They'll be saying that it would be a old Final Fantasy coming back or a hint among those lines.

Final Fantasy VII remake is a lost cause at this point. I just hope it's Final Fantasy XV and not some sequel or rehash or whatever. I'm so sick of XIII.

Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!