Thread: Spiritual Link between FFVII & FFX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered User Spiritual Link between FFVII & FFX Locke4God's Avatar

Spiritual Link between FFVII & FFX

Most of you have probably heard this, but some may not, that there was supposedly a spiritual link between the story elements of FFVII and X. (Note that this doesn't mean the games exist in the same world). I had wondered what the heck that was all about until recently and I think I've discovered a few things about it that makes sense. But please add your ideas as well or discuss these. I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing.

(!!SPOILERS!!)

• Let's start with the box art. Both Cloud and Tidus stand ready with sword in hand while a mystical city stands behind them. In Tidus' case, it's Zanarkand, the city he was born in, and in Cloud's it's Shinra Headquarters, the company who made him who he is. (It is interesting to note that the tough and serious Cloud is turned away from us with his sword ready for battle, while the more care free Tidus is visibly smiling with his sword relaxed at his side.)
    • Within the games, the two cities represent places that these two lead characters can't get back to. As the player, you start off at each one of them, but then quickly leave never to return. Well actually you do return to both very briefly late in the games.
    • How about Aries and Yuna, Aries is a mage bound to a 1000 year old legacy who gave her life to aid the planet. Yuna, a summoner whose mission it was to give her life to protect the people of her world from a 1000 year old enemy
    • While in FFX, the Farplane is a place for souls of the dead to congregate, in FFVII all souls are returned to the lifestream of Gaia.
    • How about the final images of the game. Aeries, who had given her life flashes across the screen as Holy turns back the meteor impact, while Tidus, who wound up giving his life in place of Yuna, flashes across the screen following victory as he fades from existance. Within the games themselves, neither would ever be seen in the real world again.
    Last edited by Locke4God; 09-06-2009 at 01:55 PM.