Thread: Sea, Sky, & Land?

Registered User Sea, Sky, & Land? Locke4God's Avatar

Sea, Sky, & Land?

I was just thinking about how much serveral of the games in the FF series likes to use the oceans, and the earth, and even the skies as major Thematic elements.

For instance FF 7, is incredibly reliant on the earth, dealing the lifestream and how that is tied to every lifeform and even Mako Energy.

FF 12 is heavily dependant on the skies, with floating cities, towers that extend into the heavens, etc etc.

FF 10 however is extremely sea driven. Sin is the ocean. Lots of swimming, underwater scenes, crossing the seas on boats for extended periods of time.

Obviously each game uses these elements to some degree, but what do you think about other games and the general idea of themeing around these elements? Is there another element that could be included?

Blog Entries

Re: Sea, Sky, & Land?

It's because universal truths and themes are easy for all people to identify with, and enjoy. Its a good move on SE's part because it somewhat links the games together in an abstract way.

Hell, look at even the main character names from the past games. Cloud, Squall, Tid(e)us, Lightning... all can be linked back to simple things like weather.

I'd say the element of uniqueness could also be included. Maybe not to the storyline perse, but more to the style of play of each game, how each FF is different from the last, hence the "Final" Fantasy.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2