9 69.23%
  • Tactics

1 7.69%
  • Any others which I am unaware of?

0 0%

Thread: PSP Final Fantasy's

Pwning Hojo PSP Final Fantasy's AtonedForMySins's Avatar

PSP Final Fantasy's

Looks like there is a whole hidden handheld FF world that I've been missing out on. Wondering whether to get Dissidia, Crisis Core or Tactics for my new PSP, what do you think?
    Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Isn't it time you do the forgiving?

Registered User PSP Final Fantasy's
    Depends on what style of game you prefer to play I suppose. I have both Crisis Core and Dissidia, but I've never played Tactics. I hear good things about Tactics, however I'm not very familiar with that style of gameplay. So that's why I haven't picked it up.

From the list, I picked Crisis Core. It has a great story, and it portrayed Zack as a great main character. I personally like it, because I am a fan of FF VII, so it was great to see some more of the universe explored. Also, this game has been out for a while, so it might have gone down in price, or you could probably pick it up in a used game store.

As for Dissidia, it is a lot of fun to pick up and play, and it's really cool to pit some of your favorite characters against each other in battle. I wasn't a fan of the storymode though. It was a bit on the "meh" side, but it was cool to see how all the stories connected with one another. There is also a good amount of game to be had here.

As for other PSP games, there is Final Fantasy I and II, and there is also Final Fantasy VII available for download from the Playstation Network.

Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but I hope I gave you some clue as to what you may want.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Omnislash
    Bleh Don't get Dissidia. I have it and its blehh. Just a fighting game with not a lot of sense. Its just a game I would only play when Im reeeeally bored.

Lady Succubus PSP Final Fantasy's Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you're into fighting games, get Dissidia. The storymode is meh for sure, but the fighting is pretty well done. If you have other friends, pick it up so you can play against them. (Although it's Ad Hoc only, so if you don't have any local friends, you won't be able to play anybody.)

So the above post to mine only assumes that it is coming from someone who has no friends, and is not a fan of fighting games in general. (Also sounds rather young too.)

IMO, though, get Tactics. You'll love it. Dodie should get Tactics also. They have a gigantic detailed help menu.
    Last edited by Victoria; 11-02-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Sheena View Post
    If you're into fighting games, get Dissidia. The storymode is meh for sure, but the fighting is pretty well done. If you have other friends, pick it up so you can play against them. (Although it's Ad Hoc only, so if you don't have any local friends, you won't be able to play anybody.)
    If you have Xlink Kai and a wireless connection to the internet through your computer, you can play against other people online in Dissidia, just a for your infomation thing. It's kinda difficult and confusing at first, but it's worth it if you dont really have a chance to play other people ever.

If you like FF7, then obviously get Crisis Core so you can enjoy the FF7 goodness. If you like challenging yet rewarding games, go with Final Fantasy Tactics. It may seem confusing but the help menu and tutorial go very indepth with it, and with time the game will become quite easy to understand.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Pwning Hojo PSP Final Fantasy's AtonedForMySins's Avatar
    Thanks a lot, think I'm gonna end up getting Crisis Core in the end, as you've probably guessed I'm a big fan of VII so that'd be grand. I may save up for Dissidia mind, I know a few people with it for the PSP so local matches sounds good to me. (Yes I do have friends....I swear)
    Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Isn't it time you do the forgiving?

Registered User PSP Final Fantasy's smithhanson's Avatar
    I picked Crisis Core. Dissidia is a good fighting game, but... meh. After a while of playing it, it just gets boring.

Crisis Core has a better story behind it, anyway.

黒い翼の天使 PSP Final Fantasy's yuki's Avatar
    well i playd tactics and its abig mind game made me board (havint complete it yet)criss core is amizing u just cant stop it i playd it both jap &eng and still not board
    dissidia is cool 2 u should give it a try
    &if ur asephy fan &playd criss core dont forget 2 sing in at sephiroth fan club at the game

All 3 are so damn good. Can't decide for you but all 3.