Thread: Predictions for FFXV?

Predictions for FFXV?

Just wondering how you guys think the next FF will turn out?
    I dont mean in terms of story or characters thats almost impossible considering how different each FF is, but i mean in comparison to the previous games in the series.

Personally i HOPE they will bring back things like turn based combat (ATB or whatever it was) as i think its a staple FF thing, but i THINK they will keep with their more action orientated style as it appeals to a wider audience.

Also i wish the worldmap and airship would return, i dont understand why they removed this exploration aspect, maybe they felt the cartoony ship flying around the map wasnt "realistic" enough or not immersive but i think its a hell of a lot better then a list of places you can go or just a glorified hallway.

FF7, FF8 and FF9 are probably my most favorite games of all time and a big influential part of my childhood (its what got me into games). I just finished 8 again and im about to play 9 for the 3rd time.

But after FFX (which was good, but not as great as the previous 3 imo) the series seems to be going downhill so quickly. I kinda feel like i've gotta blame the merger with Enixm or maybe some major contributer to the series isnt involved any more (was it like the directer and music guy that left square?) but the games are just not the same.

Also why the hell are the online games part of the series. They should be Final Fantasy: Online or something, not XI or XIV.

Sorry just ranting a little after realizing how much i loved FF8 even after all these years, and how i may never get to play games like that again :'[

So tell me, what do you see happening in FFXV?

Re: Predictions for FFXV?

I agree with you on the online thing, that's just stupid. Make it a spinoff or something at least. World maps and airships I agree with as well.

I believe I said in some other topic that I wanted FFXV to be sorta like a look back at the series, similar to FFIX, though I doubt they'll do that. As much as I like the series continually revamping itself, I also like the familiar and simplicity of the previous games. What I want most though, is a return to the whole "Warriors of Light" thing. I thought it worked for FFI and III and I would like to see it's return. But knowing Square Enix, you can bet they will try to outdo themselves yet again from their previous game, not that its a bad thing, they just try too hard.
    Fantasies completed:
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII

Yeah i think it is a case of them trying too hard, these massive production values dont mean anything if the game lacks no heart or originality.

They should drop the series and start something new, this has been gong on way too long (which woudlen't be bad if they diden't keep getting worse).
    Titles are merely a means to control those we fear