Thread: Possibly Interesting News....

Master of the Shadow Key Possibly Interesting News.... KeybladerXIII's Avatar

Possibly Interesting News....

Hello, It's just me bringing you news as usual.

This is possibly fake and I don't know if anybody has already heard of this, but while I was strolling through cyberspace, I came across some odd FF news. It appears that Square-Enix is porting Final Fantasy XI to the Playstation 3. I'm no MMO fan(due to the repeating payments you have to make), but is anybody interested by this news or do you want Square-Enix to stop doing stupid projects and work on the more wanted titles like FFXIII, Agito, Versus XIII, and KH3?

Here's the link:PS3 News: Square-Enix Porting Final Fantasy XI To The PlayStation 3
    Last edited by KeybladerXIII; 05-31-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    "Take a chance.....roll the dice.......pick a card....whatever suits your game.....you'll lose either way...."

Organization XIII in a nutshell, in their most core personality:

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20..._blablachn.jpg

~☆~Muahahaha!!!~☆~ Possibly Interesting News.... SilkAngel's Avatar
    A city where the traffic is slower than a fat kid in a sandbox. -__- A REALLY fat kid. >.<
    That is some odd news indeed. O.o

I would rather them work on their main projects and finish them up before starting any other ones. (Seeing as how we gamers get rather angry when games are delayed >.<) However, if one of these other games was uber cool, then we would have something to do while we are waiting for the other games to come out. I suppose that I am 50/50 on the subject. :l

Hmmm how intriguing... As cool as that would be, I can't help but think to myself that perhaps it would be better if they just focused on their main projects for now. They have pushed back the release dates far enough! Gief me FF now plx. xD
    But seriously, Square-Enix is a good company. I trust their judgement and I love the games they produce.
    Plus.. FFXI on the PS3 could be pretty awesome. I'd totally get that<_<.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

The Quiet One Possibly Interesting News.... Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I read it a few days back as well. Since they've already ported it over to the PC and 360 I don't really see going to the PS3 being much of a stretch for them. The thing for a while was that the PS3 was backwards compatible so you just use the PS2 version without issues after they patched things up. But without the backwards compatibility it makes sense.

The one thing that everyone seems to forget though is that Square Enix is not just like 50 people or something divided up between like 10 projects. They are a huge company with a number of projects handled by other studios that they just publish through Square Enix. And any personal projects, meaning FF games, they have a vast company of employees. I don't know the numbers, but I would imagine it is something like several hundred or more. They have different teams those people are broken up in and working on their own games. And FFXI has had a team of people on it for quite some time, so they probably just shifted some of the people that would be doing updates or expansions to working on the port. Its unlikely that the other teams FFXIII, FF V XIII, FF A XIII and FF H XIII have lost any of the staff that they have. And if I remember from previous interviews some of the FF V XIII team is helping out the FFXIII team.

I've been working at a video game company for three years and I've watched how they move people within a team around to meet the needs of something new that popped up like a demo or something. It is rare to pull from other teams working on a different game. They would rather have someone familiar with the game working on it rather than having to get others up to speed and lose time. It does happen, but it is usually emergency situations.
    Last edited by Andromeda; 05-31-2009 at 05:10 PM.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

I feel epic... Possibly Interesting News.... Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Once again, another excuse just to get some more money to put games on other systems and blow more money!

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan