Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games

righty2587
    most definitely ruby weapon, tidus, cloud, aeris

Registered User Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games kupo's Avatar

Re: Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games

auron
    balthier
    cid highwind
    ashe

Tsuna Feesh Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Fate's Avatar

Can I have four Hopes?! 8D Uhm, but, if I can't, then I think I'll go with Hope, Zidane, Maqui, and Fang.

Hope: Look at him! How can you not have in your party?

Zidane: Before Hope, he was my favorite Final Fantasy character.

Maqui: Granted, I don't know much about him, nor is he even playable, but I'll go with him, anyway.

Fang: She seems like an awesome character. I haven't played Final Fantasy XIII yet, but I'd still use her in my party.

In almost all RPG's, I disregard abilities and just go for looks and personality. Even if I have the weakest party, if I like them, I'll level them up and make them strong.
    Last edited by Fate; 01-31-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Rune Knight Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Trodorne's Avatar

ViVi
    Kain
    Celes (only for healing and runic)
    Either Steiner or Knight job class from Bartz

if i wanted to hurt everyone.

King Behemoth
    Tonberry
    Cactaur
    and a moogle from 5. Yeah thats right fear the moogle. *glare*
    Last edited by Trodorne; 01-31-2010 at 07:20 PM.

I would explode to save your life~ Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games SeaAlchemist's Avatar

Bartz
    Terra
    Lightning
    Cloud of Darkness

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games FF Ace Cid's Avatar

Well this is an interesting choice, so many to choose from. I'd go with Kain, Aerith, Ramza Beolve, and Vivi.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

I do what you can't. Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Sasquatch's Avatar

Let's see ...

Rydia (FFIV): First and foremost, we've got to have a black mage, and the summoning helps nicely, too. Plus she's hot even with 16-bit graphics -- think of her on a PS3 remake.

Yuna (FFX): Not just a white mage, but more summoning. Can't go wrong. Yes, two summoners. If not for her summons, I would have gone with Rosa (FFIV), as she's a better White Mage, and she can actually do physical damage.

Sabin (FFVI): Raw power. Put Tiger Claws on him, and he's just about the best damage dealer in the game (even with Illumina and Atma Weapon), not to mention his Blitz's, which can hit one enemy or all enemies with physical or magical damage.

Orlandu (FFT): The guy can break any piece of enemy equipment or do massive damage, and all at range. Of course he's in the best party.

(I would have put Olan (FFT) in there, if only for his Galaxy Stop, but that'd make it a little too easy ...)

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Orlandu, Jecht, Mog and Reno. For starters I think I'd find the dialog hilarious, for another that party seems terribly broken so they might be a challenge to use and then there's just they'd look cool bashing the crap out of whatever in next gen 3d. =D
    victoria aut mors

Ark Gabbiani

squire!Ramza (FFT)
    Terra (FFVI)
    thief!Faris (FFV)
    Steiner (FFIX)

Registered User Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games vicks and wedge's Avatar

my team would be unballanced cause ilike to play a real beat you up style!

yuna..need a healer or can attack with sommons

sabin..two words BUM RUSH

auron..biggest bad ass in the franchise

cloud..a big sword!!!

that be cool i'd like that..now of couse wiyh magicite and materia i can have cloud and sabin heal and deal the black magic

glad to see so many choosing auron thus proving hi badassednsess (iknow not a word)
    Last edited by vicks and wedge; 02-27-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Treize's Avatar

It is a hard decision, but I would probably go with these characters:

Rydia: She is probably the best black mage in Final Fantasy. She can use all the black magic spells, and she can summon.

Beatrix: She is one of the best warriors because she has strong attacks, skills, and white magic.

Aerith: She is a great white mage, and her limit breaks are pretty cool because she can completely heal HP, MP, status, or make the party invincible easily.

Cloud: Cloud is pretty strong because he has his great limit breaks. He was strong in both Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics.

I think this team would be pretty solid, and I like the characters too.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

The Mad God Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Heartless Angel's Avatar

Actually had to think on this one for a while.

Sephiroth - Psychotic or not, with him in the party, you'll live to see another day. Enough said. He finds time to cast full-lfe on you every time you get your ass roasted by a green dragon, and still finds the time to demolish it in one hit. To be honest, the guy doesn't even need a party (until it's time to fight the protagonist, then the sacred book of vidieo game law states you must lose...) Very balanced character, not too slow, not lacking in spells, and still physically very strong.

Auron - This party will NEVER be short on badass commentary. Or big swords. Or absurdly high strength, or booze, or the ability to eject enemies you jsut really didn't feel like dealing with, or dead guys, the list goes on, and on, and on... Did I mention the flaming booze-tornadoes?

Kuja - Hey, gotta have at least ONE spellcaster in the party. Learned my lesson there in FFIX when I decided to take all the melee characters to Oeilvert because they told me magic wouldn't work... they failed to mention I'd be stuck leading a party of nothing but physically weak mages through an area full of monsters that made my life more difficult for a few hours... Anyways, back to Kuja. Wide variety of doom-bringing spells, for those times when Firaga just doesn't do the trick, but getting Seph to use the Black Materia is just a tad... overkill. Or when you simply don't have time to wait for celestial bodies to crash into the planet.

Beatrix - WOOT! The sausage fest is over! Finally a chick who kicks some ass. Yeah, there have been some cool girls in the party throughout the series, but especially in early ones, they just kinda appeared as a the "yeah, i'll just hide behind you and use white magic..." kinda characters. Not this femme fatale. She's in your face with some serious Seiken ass-kicking, good physical strength, fairly high speed, some very nice abilities even at low levels, and of course... well, you know... hiding behind you and using white magic... but hey, at least that isn't ALL she does <.< I'm looking at you Rosa.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 03-02-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Genesis
    gabranth
    gilgamesh
    sephiroth

parkour messenger extrodinaire Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Mokkan Brushtail's Avatar

oh man this won't be easy for me...

well the first two will still be the only easy ones...

Yuffie, a loudmouthed ninja/thief I can't say no to that resume, she is fast, and has decent stats all around, in a generic FF she'd have steal I'm sure as all her weapons are projectiles anyway, and I always have a thief.

RedXIII, and someone to make sure Yuffie stays out of too much trouble, also remarkably fast though he'd probably lose some defensive stats, he'd probably get red magic, and a quick heavy hitter is always welcome

Moogle Animist named Hyden, A job that is seriously neglected, I loved having one of these guys around, yeah they have gimmmicky abilities but mine saved my hide so many times with cuisine or chocobo rush I can't say anything bad against them.

Bangaa Templar named Taer, Another of my fav jobs, good physical stats, with some nice support and debuffs, with the sacred tech replaceing magic he would be a nice addition.

well here's my party, luckily red would probably make the cut for red mage or I'd have no heals, I still have no big magic attackers, but red can handle learning some fire spells...he'll just need to be sure only the tip of his tail burns...

strengths, two really quick characters, with one medium speed character who has a trick up his sleeve at all times, and one slower but more devastating character,
    weaknesses, lot's of low def, little offensive magic.
    would be good for stealthier missions as templar can equip robes, or good at surviveing retreats and holding ground with some shelter
    bad for all out assaults, and for anything involving them getting surrounded.
    The Final Boss Theorem:
    The size of the ultimate form of the final boss is inversely proportional to it's chances of actually beating your party. If you agree with this, please copy and paste this valuable piece of info on your sig. AND, if you're evil and villainous...never settle for a big form when a smaller form is more kickass...

From the darkest Shadows, I strike for truth!

My TFF family so far:
    my maniacal cousin, Morik the Rogue

Tantalus Member of Lindblum Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games True Zidane's Avatar

Well, since im the kind of hit and heal guy, my team would be this

Zidane Tribal - final fantasy ix - he would be my main source of power and he also has those godlike dyne powers once his trance is activated. he would also use his abilities well and be quite an avid item user. he could also steal items from the enemy, hopefully getting something good or useful

Hope Estheim - final fantasy xiii - hope would be under his class as a synergist, so he could buff up the party with stuff like protect and bravery. when he wasnt buffing out the party, he would be a medic, so he could heal when health got low or teammates got status ailments.

Cecil Harvey - final fantasy iv - cecil is an added bonus to any party. he would supply himself to me as a secondary source of power and when he needed to, he could use white magic to heal or do other things. he could use his paladin blades to heavily damage dark enemies.

Terra - final fantasy vi - terra is quite the decent fighter. she can use weapons normally used by squires or knights, like swords. she can also use a wide variety of spells. one more added bonus is that she can turn into her half esper form and deal great, GREAT damage.

all of my party members would be maxed out in abilities and levels etc.

Tantalus Member of Lindblum Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games True Zidane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vicks and wedge View Post
    my team would be unballanced cause ilike to play a real beat you up style!

yuna..need a healer or can attack with sommons

sabin..two words BUM RUSH

auron..biggest bad ass in the franchise

cloud..a big sword!!!

that be cool i'd like that..now of couse wiyh magicite and materia i can have cloud and sabin heal and deal the black magic

glad to see so many choosing auron thus proving hi badassednsess (iknow not a word)
    i like all the peeps there. sabin, however is the most bad ass. put him against anyone else, even a group of four. he'll unleash a chain of blitz's and finish it with a grand BUM RUSH!!!!!!! you rule, vicks and wedge, although my fave is still zidane

Learner Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games CloudTide's Avatar

Cloud (all time favorite character)
    Vincent (he would be the human version of Shadow the Hedgehog)
    Angeal (He would own plus keep everyone calm be like a big brother to everyone like he is with Zack)
    Knight (FFI) (come on probably the most powerful class in FFI)
    Last edited by CloudTide; 06-07-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    ~ Victus per Veneratio ~

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

i think i would have vincent cos hes a vampire like me i have white skin nd sharp teeth
    squall
    cloud
    and vivi cos i think he is emence nd my dad had ff ix nd he made me vivi on his file
    im sure to blog about this on my site gamesinfoworld. FF ROCKS!!!!!!!

Cloud,Sephiroth(<--- might not work out if not i would switch Sephiroth for Firion- because of his long range arrows)Tidus,and Squall
    I feel like...

FFVIII ROCKS ND SO DOES FFVII Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games squall_cloud_hpf's Avatar

if i cnt hav my first team work il hav quistis vivi zidane and barret
    im sure to blog about this on my site gamesinfoworld. FF ROCKS!!!!!!!

Disciple of Bahamut Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar

Okay, time for the Dragonmaster to put his input on this thread. I've thought about this one quite a bit, especially since Dissidia came out. Now, I finally have an excuse to bring some ideas to light.

Celes Chere, the Pure-Hearted General - Okay, there's no denying the fact that Celes is an overall badass, especially with Illumina/Lightbringer and Paladin Shield in hand, and the Genji Helmet and Minerva Bustier equipped. That combination makes her damn-near impossible to hit, and her stats would be off the charts. Then, mix it all up with a Gem Box/Soul of Thamasa and Economizer/Celestriad, and she becomes the best of both melee and magic worlds! Oh, and then defending the others with Runic? Big-time bonus!

Tifa Lockhart, the Sexy Sweetheart - The only femme monk in the entire series, yet she's one of the best. Not only would her personality mesh well with Celes', her abilities would greatly benefit, as well. Can you imagine her pullin' a massive hit after Celes uses Valor? Can you say "Boom!"? Anywho, her ability to chain her limits is amazing, as well. Depending on her strength, she could pull 7 "straight 9" shots in that one combo. Given the right materia, she's also an amazing mage, but I'd likely have her with strength boosting and physical attack materia, except for probably Enemy Skill. Big Guard is a godsend, after all.

High Summoner Yuna, Bringer of the Eternal Calm - Yuna's X-2 abilities were awesome, and with the right Garment Grid, she can be just as much a badass as a healer. Give her an HP increasing item and a Cat Nip with the Gunner dressphere, and she'll go to town! Trigger Happy Lv. 3 + Cat Nip + Near Death = Death for the enemy!

Agrias Oaks, the Kind-Hearted Holy Knight - Quite possibly my favorite of all the FFT gals, Agrias is a tank. Her HP rating is great, and give her the Excalibur, and her Holy Sword abilities will blow the enemy away. Combine the overall power of her abilities with their added status effects, and you've got a knight gal that's easy on the eyes, but hard on battle.

And yes, this team is definitely designed to be eye candy, as well as tough-as-nails.
    I stare out towards the silvery moon
    Basking in its light
    My heart providing me a suitable tune
    To play for this wondrous sight
    I play for my Goddess of Love
    Who resides so far away
    She knows that what I dream of
    Is when she'll be with me to stay...

Registered User Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games xXx Rikku xXx's Avatar

I looked at this thread i was like " OOOOOOOOOOH " but my mind went blank >.<

but thinking really hard it would be
    Rikku for my theif ( i think she was the best sorry everyone that loved zidane, i did to once )
    Yuffie because i'm in love with her... seriousley if she was real i would &@$* the living brains out of her :3 bwuahahahaha
    Vincent fell in love with him because he is cool and hot and clever and and and HE HAS A GUN!!!!!!!
    and Red XIII or Nanaki which ever yuou prefer ( i prefer Red XIII myself ) because he's just soo cute ( shame his limits where a pile of bull&@$% )

Paradigm Shift Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games FFTheBest's Avatar

Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
    Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII)
    Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
    Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
    "Humans are tools, I'm not gonna die for one of them..." - Lightning - FFXIII

Registered User Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games CloudvsLightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *Yesha* View Post
    Mmmm... it wouLd definiteLy be..

CLoud, SquaLL, Sephiroth and.. Yuna!

for me.. :-)
    I agree all the way

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Lulu, Vivi, Eiko, and Sabin

zidacloud

If i was choosing a team with my favorites it would be:

Cloud

RedXIII

Zack(if it wasn´t counted, then probably zell, squall, freya or cid from ffVII)

Zidane

If i was to choose the best team it would be:

Cloud

Aerith

Vivi

Zidane

Or:

Squall

Yuna

Red XII

Freya

klublife

gonna be a bit unorthodox, but my main swordsman would be sora. is that ok? he's in a square game, with other FF characters... he's got everything that you really need, except a personality.

vivi is my main man for magic

i'd use dagger as my white mage, just because she can always back me up with her summons

lastly, give me some good old, FF3 geomancer for fun. beware my shadowflare

Everyone needs a savior Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games the_savior21's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would have to say squall and sephiroth as hard jitters tuna to heal and vivi or lulu as my Mage
    Don't look to others for knowledge, this is your story.

PSN: jwitt2123
    be sure to include in the request that you are from
    this forum and also ur username on here, if you intend
    to add me that is thanks

Currently playing
    FFIX- PSP via PSN, COD Black Ops (Zombies) - PS3

Most Played FF = FFVIII
    FF7-12, FF8-28, FF9-12, FFX-23

Every story must have an ending and every story needs a savior

Badass Military Agent Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Linus Li Lelouch's Avatar

My party of 4....hmm

Squall (8)- He's a warrior at heart and throughout the FFVIII game, he showed that his charisma (which he didn't know he had) was a deadly weapon when he was able to gather that many supporters, also the fact that the Gunblade was the first (different) weapon in Final Fantasy EVER... I think, not to mention he's a total badazz

Kain Highwind (4) - He's the best of the best when it comes to Dragoons... Need I say more? His skills with a lance are unparallel and most dragoons somewhat think of him as their unrivaled leader.

Terra (3 or 6 for noobs to the series) - Terra may be the first FF girl I've ever really loved. Her struggles were just too much to bear, the hardship she faced, the truth about her parents, her relationshipn with Locke, unbelievable. As strong as her magic is, she is an exceptional addition to the Team.

Yuna (10) - A Summoner who was born to summon, and not just through some Magicite or capturing an esper, or learning a summon off a grid, she was broomed for this. Her summoning skills are parallel to none, plus her personality makes her as lovable as Terra.

Again
    Squall, Kain, Terra, and Yuna - GO TEAM GO!!!!

~The will to not want anything in exchange for nothing~ *Your's truly Linus*

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Resident Saint Seiya fanboy Pick a party of 4 out of all the final fantasy games Leon's Avatar
    Anywhere I want to live. Wonderful, is it not?
    Blog Entries

This is my lineup.

Firion (II), the Eight-Handed Weaponeer (a title someone gave him in another forum) -- Firion would be my swordsman, so he'd be able to equip the Blood Sword from his realm. Steiner's Blood Sword didn't ignore Defense, while Firion's does, so it works best against those tough enemies with high HP. Okay, so any character from II could wield the Blood Sword, but I also picked Firion because of his personality. This is the kind of guy I'd hang out with.

"I have dreams....dreams worth dying for!"

Bartz Klauser (V), Job Master Extraordinaire -- Never cared about FFV until I played Dissdia, and then I read about it. FFV let's you have all kinds of jobs you want, though only equip one at a time. Want an enemy's stats reduced to 1 with the Time Magic spell, Old? Done. Heal the party as you put on your White Mage robe? Easy-peasy. Just spotted your favorite monster? Let the Beastmaster in you capture it so you can Summon it in any battle! Again, any character can have any job in FFV, but I picked Bartz for the same reasons I picked Firion. And while FFIX is easily my favorite in the series, I admit I love FFV's battle theme more than IX's.

"Sweet Christmas, it's a talking turtle!"

Amarant Coral (IX), The Flaming Amarant -- Tifa gets by her looks, and Zell's Limit Break is super-awesome, but I prefer Amarant as my monk because he can keep the HP and MP flowing with his Chakra skill. It's the perfect skill because, even when he's silenced, he's still able to perform it (as well as his other Flair skills), and it restores a certain amount of HP and MP. And his Power Up passive skill makes Chakra more effective. If White Mage Bartz is dead, have Amarant use Revive to bring him back in the game. And Curse is good if you want to exploit an enemy's weakness. Plus, I also like him because whenever he inserts any input in a conversation, that catchy theme of his always plays in the background.

Amarant's Theme

"Blind pursuit of power is a meaningless vice."

Wakka (X), Coach and Captain of the Besaid Aurochs --Is there a Zuu outside your desert inn, but you can't bring it down? You're about to crash a wedding, but the guardian wyrm you have to take down is too far from you? Just switch to Wakka. With that blitzball of his, he can take down any foe that other heroes just fail to reach. Attack Reels is good, but if element attacks are a huge necessity, go for his Element Reels Overdrive. Besides, he's got John freakin' DiMaggio as his voice actor. That's an automatic win.

"Go ahead and disappear on us, huh? Blasted son of a shoopuff!"
    Last edited by Leon; 01-26-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Please read the poetry from two great friends of mine. May they find peace.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ~St. Augustine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3