Thread: One at a time?

One at a time?

How many FF games to people play at once? I'm part way through FFI but I've also just started FFII and V, do you like to concentrate on one at a time or spread your attention around? I worry that if I switch between them too often I'll lose track of the stories, but until I get a good way into a game I have a short attention span and so I like to vary my FF 'diet'.
    How about you? Are you a one-game purist or do you switch it up?

I will save the world One at a time? Hero without a Name's Avatar

Re: One at a time?

I switch stuff around depending on where I am in the game or if I get interested in another game. For ex, although FFVIII is the main game I play now, I also switch it up with VII and soon to be one. I have a hard time "ending" a game, don't really know why, I'm always at like the last point before it ends so I start new with something else.

"I may save the world, but you'll never know why"

My TFF Family

Judge Magister Brother in Arms: To give peace to the world and look cool doing it

Firefly: Baby cousin To spread joy to all who read the forums

The_Dream_Recluse: Witty brother with a sweet sword

Bailiax: My star stealing sister who lives in the beautiful deep sea.

Chocobo_Lover 17- Sister who is breeding my army of chocobos

Lion Heart: Gunblade hero under our hero clan

TFF's Resident Messenger One at a time? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It depends really. Right now, I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics. That will change for a while when I get my copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles. I only change when I get a new game. After a while of playing the new one, I will usually not play the old one again until the new one is completed. During the time it takes me to finish the new game, I will have forgotten where I was or what I was doing in the old one that I will delete the file.

The only other way I will ever switch to a different game is if I get to a very difficult spot in the game. For example, I am still unable to beat Vayne-The Undying in Final Fantasy XII. I ended up switching to Final Fantasy VIII.

I have since stopped VIII, started and stopped VI, started and stopped Tactics, started and stopped Tactics, started and stopped VII, and am now back on Tactics again. It is all just a combination of getting new games, and not being able to get through a difficult part in games.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I concentrate on one game at a time. It allows me to get into the game more. I feel like if I play more than one at a time, they each take some focus off each other.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy

Up Next: Final Fantasy II

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth One at a time? Xanatos's Avatar

I rarely do play two or more Final Fantasy's at once, not just Final Fantasy, I actually tend to avoid playing several games of same genre.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Crash Boom Bang One at a time? Lily's Avatar

one at a time, though i do tend to get to the end of a game, cant be arsed doing the optional stuff, leave it for that long that i either have to restart it, or il move on to summat new

The White Wizard of Fynn One at a time? Mindu's Avatar

Because RPGs generally take me a while to finish, I prefer to focus on one at a time. Several years back - when I first got FF4, 5 and 6 - I proceeded to play all three of them at once. Doing that my focus on the stories was disjointed and I ended up not finishing any of them. Ever since then I've never played more than one RPG at once.

Passing fair judgement One at a time? Judge Magistrate's Avatar

Well, for a while I was playing five of them at a time. I slowed down recently because I have a busy schedule. Now I'm focusing on picking up the last few bit of stuff in FFXIII.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Two at a time if you have a PSP otherwise no one at a time.

Star of the FF Show One at a time? Rising Star's Avatar

One at the time is the best way i think you will enjoy it more like the story,characters etc.

Like I Bought FF9 and FF6 off PSN and Although i adore FF9 to bits I Like to play new games i have been playin FF6 so FF9 has been put on the back burner so to speak but one at a time is the best way in my opinion

Sleipher

Meh i got two runs of ff9 and two runs of ff7 menwhile i have 1 run of ff1 (have beaten the final boss just taking the bonus bosses. one run of ff2 just started. 2 runs of ff8 (got stuck att Adel at one of them try to beat it from time to time but still no luck so i started a new run) the ff9 & 7 are 1 of each on my ps3 and one of each on my psp also i have a run of ff3 nds on my computer