Thread: New

Threarah3

New

I am entirely new to the Final Fantasy series and want to know, in your opinion, which FF game for DS or GBA would be best for me to start with. Additionally, is the gameplay alone gratifying, or is it the experience as a whole that you enjoy? Thanks.

I honestly just want a PSP so I can play Dissidia and the other FFs on it. For GBA I have FFV and FFVI, and for DS I have FFIII and IV. If I were to start with any FF I would start with maybe V. The older FFs for PS one and PS2 explain more, throughout the game, so maybe you should look at those too, If you are not familiar. The ability systems in FFV and VI are easier though.

I enjoy both gameplay and experience.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 09-15-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Registered User New
    I really don't think it matters which Final Fantasy game you start out on, since the storylines in each game are seperate from one another (not including sequels/prequels). But if I were you, I would get Final Fantasy IV for the DS first. I'm really diggin' the story on this particular one so far. Final Fantasy III was decent, but I would be lost sometimes on what to do next because I wasn't given any real directions on where to go to advance the plot. Also, the final boss is TOUGH to beat (for me it was).

If you can find it, I suggest getting Final Fantasy Anthology. It was a PS1 release, but the PS2 and I believe that the PS3 plays the games also. It has Final Fantasy V and VI bundled together and is usually priced cheaper than getting those two games seperately on the GBA (idk if V had a GBA remake, but I know that VI did).
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Death Before Dishonor New Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i think FFTA would be a good decision but that is just my opinion

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth New Xanatos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I really don't think it matters which Final Fantasy game you start out on, since the storylines in each game are seperate from one another (not including sequels/prequels).
    I agree with Dodie on this one, it's not that really important which FF game do you play first because every FF game is basically excellent.

Hm, GBA and DS. I haven't played any of those remakes for DS but I really like FF IV so it wouldn't be bad to buy that game.
    But personally I would recommend you FF VI for GBA, and I must add that this is my second favorite FF game but with good reasons. It has an amazing and interesting story and the same thing goes for characters, they're simply excellent and I must add that this game has most characters in FF series including one of the best villain in FF history if not the best. The graphics are amazing for GBA standards, maybe the best I've seen on GBA. Besides FF VI I would also recommend you FF Dawn of Souls for GBA because you get FF I and FF II for the price of one game.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Threarah3
    Thanks. I bought Tales of Phantasia for GBA and loved it, but when I got to some of the later dungeons I couldn't tell what to do because of puzzles within the graphics (i.e. a button hid in a wall) and little or no instruction on where to go next. I want a game that will make me think, but I won't have to put down for a few months before I finally come back to try to figure out how to advance in the story.

Welcome To TFF, Threarah3.

★Twilight Vanquisher★ New MakotoKin's Avatar
    Welcome to TFF for starters. On the other note of which to start with, honestly, it doesn't matter. But if you need it narrowed down for the DS and GBA...Well, I don't have a GBA anymore, so for the DS I would highly recommend the remake of Final Fantasy IV and give Final Fantasy III a try as well, it's quite a worth while game.

Boredness rules us all New Midnight Panda's Avatar
    welcome! i sudgest to start with.... mmmm ll (ds) or tactics (GBA)
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA